ECT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH & DOCTRINAL AUTHORITY: Three Sources

Cruciform

My history, knowledge and scripture gives me more authority than all your authority. My daddy is bigger than your Dad.
  • First, you'd have to actually be a Christian, which---having rejected the central Christian doctrine of the Trinity---you decidedly are not.
  • Second, you would have to demonstrate that your chosen man-made non-Catholic sect is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., which you decidedly cannot do.
  • Third, come back if you ever manage to come up with an actual substantive argument.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

dreadknought

As Crusiform has suggested, Christ's church failed, cause crusiform's idea of church has been propigated but never actually existed, pysically or factually. Faith perseveres.

Aimiel

Hey, me too!
If that were true you would have rejected the false man-made religion you worship long ago.
However, everything you claim to "know" you have learned from men who taught such information as "the truth."
Actually, I learned most of what I have learned directly from The Spirit of Truth, Who lives in me.
In short, both Catholics and non-Catholics follow their particular doctrinal traditions---and you are certainly no exception to that fact.
God doesn't have any fellowship with idol-worshippers.

Cruciform

If that were true you would have rejected the false man-made religion you worship long ago.
Right back at you, friend. In any case, Catholicism is hardly "man-made," having been established by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.

Actually, I learned most of what I have learned directly from The Spirit of Truth, Who lives in me.
Hardly. You've already been answered on this point in previous posts.

God doesn't have any fellowship with idol-worshippers.
Amen. Catholics, however, do not "worship idols," so your comment here simply doesn't apply.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Aimiel

Right back at you, friend. In any case, Catholicism is hardly "man-made," having been established by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D.
Hogwash. Jesus did NOT come to earth to put up a building or establish an institution. If He had, He would have walked in Jewery and simply corrected their doctrines, making His people into the priesthood. He is our priest, not some guy in a queer looking dress speaking a language no one understands.
Hardly. You've already been answered on this point in previous posts.
The Spirit of Truth doesn't live in most Catholics, so I see where your confusion lies.
Catholics, however, do not "worship idols," so your comment here simply doesn't apply.
If they didn't, many thousands if not millions more would belong to your false religion. I thank God every day that so many people who are un-believers notice the current idolatrous practices of the RCC and steer clear of it. They just might end up in hell, otherwise.

Cruciform

Hogwash. Jesus did NOT come to earth to...establish an institution.
On the contrary.

If He had, He would have walked in Jewery and simply corrected their doctrines...
In fact, the Church did not completely separate from the synogogue until well after Christ's ascension.

He is our priest, not some guy in a queer looking dress speaking a language no one understands.
Your blatant False Dichotomy Fallacy in noted. The simple fact is that the priests of Christ's Church participate in Jesus' own Priesthood in the same way that, as pastors (shepherds), they participate in Christ's role as the Good Shepherd. Jesus Christ himself established and sustains the Catholic priesthood.

The Spirit of Truth doesn't live in most Catholics...
Post your proof for this completely unsubstantiated assertion.

If they didn't, many thousands if not millions more would belong to your false religion.
Hardly, since all they would need to do to deny Christ's one historic Church is to reject it in preference for one of the tens-of-thousands of man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today, with more being invented every week---just as you yourself have done.

I thank God every day that so many people who are un-believers notice the current idolatrous practices of the RCC and steer clear of it. They just might end up in hell, otherwise.
...just as your chosen recently-invented, man-made anti-Catholic sect has dictated that you believe.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Aimiel

In fact, the Church did not completely separate from the synogogue until well after Christ's ascension.
Jesus didn't say that we need to attend synagogue. No Christian needs an institution to verify their faith.

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Please note that Scripture doesn't say that we need someone to read to us, but that The Scriptures are able to make us wise unto salvation. We aren't saved by an institution. We are saved by The Living God. He doesn't take attendance.
The simple fact is that the priests of Christ's Church participate in Jesus' own Priesthood in the same way that, as pastors (shepherds), they participate in Christ's role as the Good Shepherd. Jesus Christ himself established and sustains the Catholic priesthood.
How can He, when He isn't even invited to your services?
Post your proof for this completely unsubstantiated assertion.
You prove it with every post. You're bereft of Truth which Scripture clearly teaches.
Hardly, since all they would need to do to deny Christ's one historic Church is to reject it in preference for one of the tens-of-thousands of man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today, with more being invented every week---just as you yourself have done.
The church I attend isn't run by mere men, The Holy Spirit directs the services and His Power is evident in every single one of them. I only wish I could say that about a single one of yours.
...just as your chosen recently-invented, man-made anti-Catholic sect has dictated that you believe.
Your pretend church is man-made. I am of the Household of Faith. Have you ever heard of that? It's a rather exclusive group. Only God knows who belongs to it and who doesn't. He doesn't require that we have regular meetings or a building fund (since we are His Temple). I don't have a sect or belong to an institution. I am a believer. I go where God directs. Not unlike those a few years ago in China, before revival began there... they held meetings but told no one where they would be or even when... they would meet when God told them to WHERE God told them to. If they told the wrong people: they'd end up in prison for life. If God told you where the meeting was and when, you'd go, but if He didn't, you wouldn't know where or when to go arrest people. I had several friends who were missionaries in China, which is how I heard of this.

Cruciform

Please note that Scripture doesn't say that we need someone to read to us, but that The Scriptures are able to make us wise unto salvation. We aren't saved by an institution. We are saved by The Living God. He doesn't take attendance.
Just more of the fallible traditions taught to you by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

You prove it with every post.
So, then, you have no actual proof whatsoever. That's what I thought.

The church I attend isn't run by mere men, The Holy Spirit directs the services and His Power is evident in every single one of them.
QUESTION: Are you able to trace the leadership of your sect/denomination directly back to Jesus Christ and the apostles? If not, then you have no objective guarantee that your sect's leaders are actually "directed by the Holy Spirit" in any way whatsoever. In any case, I said nothing about who "runs" your sect, but rather who founded your particular sect. And your chosen sect was certainly founded by a mere man or men during the past few centuries. It is not, therefore, that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself.

Your pretend Church is man-made.
Post your proof.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+