The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Called according to Purpose !

rom 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

To them who are the called according to purpose !

The Purpose of God, when one who is elect is called, they are Justified by Faith, this is a conscious Justification before their own minds rom 8:

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

You see, there is no way around it for them called according to His Purpose, when He calls them, it issues into their Justification by Faith..

This is a call for them to the obtaining of the Glory of Our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 thess 2:

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

hence thats why it [Glory ] follows after Justified in rom 8 30. The called in rom 8 28, 30 are the same as the called in 2 thess 2 14..

In the 2 thess 2 14 verse, paul tells them that by the Gospel, they were called into the obtaining

Its the greek word peripoiesis :

a preserving, a preservation

2) possession, one's own property

3) an obtaining

Salvation in its completeness, the whole possession of it..
Thats what the called according to His Purpose are destined to, to be Glorified together with their Head and Saviour.
Also the idea of preserving is in the word, so the called according to the purpose of God, are preserved, unto Glory while they are in the midst of much tribulation..

beloved57

There is a called according to election..paul writes about it in rom 9:

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

again vs

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

These are the called according to His Purpose rom 8:

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

What purpose ? rom 9 11 tells us The purpose of God according to election..​

beloved57

1 pet 2:9

1 pet 2:9

1 pet 2:

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

This call, is effectual and it actually calls one out of Darkness ! Notice the small prep out of its the word ek in the greek and it means: out of, from, by, away from

So the meaning is that this call from God effectually brings one out of, from, away from darkness and ushers into the marvelous Light..

This is a call of a People that God calls out for Himself, in order that they may give Him Praise, and Glorify Him for being God, So God is actually Glorifying Himself in Creating a People for His own Glory, for that is what is meant in acts 15:

14Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

This is the call of the gentiles rom 9:

These are a People of both jews and gentiles that He creates for His Glory and His Praise Isa 43:

7Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.

beloved57

The called are the same as those being saved 1 cor 1:

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved[being saved] it is the power of God.

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Notice paul says unto THEM that are called, because all are not called, but the one who are, are being saved..

beloved57

Romans 8:28-30

Rom 8:

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

This calling is the beginning of the application of salvation that Christ accomplished for all the elect of God. This state of the application is by means of the Gospel call, this is when the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to them believing Rom 1:16. Its a summons inwardly to the New Creation unto Faith in Christ. Some may argue that the effectual call is given together with regeneration, whereby the act of the Holy Spirit changes or gives a New Heart that will desire and cherish Christ, hence regeneration is what enables and causes the called one to believe in Christ; also granting them repentance from dead works or religion.

This is also when the called one receives conscious Justification [hence them called are Justified] of which they have with God through Jesus Christ. This is not when God legally Justifies them, but when they receive the comfort and fellowship of their Justification . For faith or believing can never be the Legal basis why God Justifies a believer, because the blood of the Lamb does that alone..​

Last edited:

beloved57

1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

The called here are a Chosen Generation or Seed or Offspring !

The word generation is the greek word genos:

kindred

a) offspring

b) family

c) stock, tribe, nation

1) i.e. nationality or descent from a particular people

d) the aggregate of many individuals of the same nature, kind, sort

The words Generation and Seed compliment one another here Ps 22:30

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

And this Offspring, Seed, Family is called out of darkness unto Marvelous Light. They are called into fellowship with Christ, the Light .

John 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

And this Generation is called into the Fellowship with this Light as per 1 Cor 1:9

God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Jn 1:3

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Christ lightens all His Offspring or generation with His Light. Lk 2:30-32

30For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

So this Call of 1 Pet 2:9 is the conversion work of Christ through His word of Truth and it turns all the Seed, no matter of ethnicity, from darkness to light Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

beloved57

Called according to God's Purpose !

Called according to God's Purpose !

Rom 8:28

Those whom God calls according to His Eternal Purpose in Christ, shall as a result of that call Love God !

How does one come to Love God ? We do not Love God by Nature. Its by Spiritual circumcision of the Heart. Deut 30:6

And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Rom 2:28-29

28For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

So those who are called according to God's Purpose are that promised seed of Deut 30:6 and they are given a New Heart by Covenant Promise Ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Those called according to God's Purpose have been given a New Birth by the Spirit.

And all without exception are called according to God's Purpose in Christ , thats why Paul writes TO THEM that are called according to His Purpose !

beloved57

A Eternal and Holy Calling

A Eternal and Holy Calling

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

The calling in time proceeded from and issues from a Call of God before time began. Yes, those who are called in time, were called and saved before time according to God's Purpose.

Also, why is this an Holy Calling ? Well of course it has to do with it being a Call from the Holy God, but it is also because its according to a Holy Purpose, an Holy Covenant Lk 1:72

72To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;.

Its also an Holy Calling because it issued to an Holy People, a set apart people ! And who are they ? Its for everyone Christ died for, or gave Himself for. Heb 10:10

10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

And its a Holy Calling because it causes those called in time to be obedient to the Divine Purpose !

beloved57

The Called and Effectual Calling !

The Called and Effectual Calling !

Rom 1:1-6

1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

2(Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

3Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

4And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

5By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

6Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

There are some People in the world today who the scripture designates as the Called or the Called of Jesus Christ as Paul in verse 1 and believers in Rome in vs 6.

Also reference is made to this special group as the called in Romans 9:24

And 1 Cor 1:24

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Here Paul uses the definite Article " The Called" THEM that are The Called, this denotes a special group of People apart from all others. This is a specific foreknown and Chosen People, thats why Paul follows up His comment to the Called Corinthians in 1 Cor 1:24 with these comments in vs 26-28

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

He joins together whom God hath called with whom God has Chosen, this fact should not be overlooked. Simply stated, the Called and the Chosen are the same group !

Those therefore who are the Called of Jesus Christ Rom 1:6 are God's Elect Rom 8:33, them who have been Sanctified by God the Father, Preserved in Jesus Christ, and Called Jude 1:1

the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

These are called effectually unto Faith through the Gospel 2 Thess 2:14

14Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And those being called have already been Justified in God's sight Rom 8:30. The calling indicates they already are right with God and before God by the Imputed Merits of Christ, that is why they are called unto the obtaining of the Glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Interesting note on the word obtaining here, it is the greek word peripoiēsis and means:

a preserving, a preservation

2) possession, one's own property

3) an obtaining

They that are called by the Gospel are called into the possession of the Glory of Jesus Christ, to partake of it. It is their property, their Inheritance as pointed out in 1 Pet 1:4-5

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

5Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

The called of Rom 1:1,6 are called to the obtaining or possession of Glory that is in Christ Jesus 2 Tim 2:10

10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Paul could have said Therefore I endure all things for the Called sakes , that they may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with Eternal Glory.

beloved57

The redeemed are called !

The redeemed are called !

So the called are those who have been redeemed by the blood of Christ. 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Now if we recall, Peter said of these same people earlier in the letter 1 Pet 1:18-19

18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Redeemed means purchased by paying the ransom, to liberate, to cause to be released to one's self by payment of a ransom

Notice it says to cause to be release, not an offer to be released, but an actual release..

Also they are released from the penalty of their sins. Now there were chosen sinners called during the Ministries of the Apostles, and some would be called after their ministry but through their word Jn 17:20, up until the Second Coming of Christ, they will be called from death unto life, from unbelief to faith or belief in the Truth !

Up in 1 Pet 2:9 where they are said to be called out of darkness into light, that light is life as well out of darkness of death into the light of life Jn 8:12

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

beloved57

A Covenant Blessing !

A Covenant Blessing !

This being called is an Covenant Blessing and its solely by the Grace of God Gal 1:15

15But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

Heb 9:15

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament or covenant, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Many will oppose Gal 1:15 and say this refers to paul only, to be called by God's Grace, and not every believer, however that is not True, it belongs to all the called of God, just as paul identifies himself with the called of both jews and gentiles Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Notice even us whom He hath called, both jew and gentile. Now is this call in Rom 9:24 the same as the one in Gal 1:15 ? It most certainly is, a call by the Grace of God. It is what some would call an irresistible call, be that what it may, that is what it is. It is received by every blood bought sinner. God the Holy Spirit is author of this call Acts 13:2

2As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

And it is an inward call, by His Power applying the word of God !

Again this call is an Covenant blessing, it is because of the Grace that was given to them in Christ Jesus [Their Covenant Head] before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

Now there is somewhat of a general call that is received by everyone who physically hears the Gospel, these hear only externally, which does not convert a sinner out of death unto life Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness[which is death] into his marvellous light[which is life];

Lk 1:79

To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. See Lk 2:32 also !

Now this outward call may lead to a reformation by the efforts of the flesh, I believe such a one is described by Christ as a stony ground hearer who receives the word with joy, however come to find out that they have no root in themselves Matt 13:20-21

20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

No root in himself means not an inward call. A Call not by the Lord Jesus Christ Rom 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Also a inward call denotes that one was born of the Spirit when they heard the Gospel, the Spirit indicating ownership, and He seals the hearer Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

beloved57

You see the difference between the outward call which is heard with the physical ear by everyone at the physical sounding of the the Gospel preached, and the inward call which is heard with the spiritual blessed ear Matt 3:16

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

The former only hears the preacher, it is words only they hear "For our gospel came not unto you in word only"

Whereas the latter hears the voice of Christ inwardly by regeneration Jn 10:16,27

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

You see, those who hear Jesus voice via the preached word, they follow Him, its automatic !

Because the words that Christ speaks to them [His Chosen] they are Spirit and they are Life Jn 6:63 and they are spoken to spiritual babes by new birth.

beloved57

1 Pet 2:9 The Effectual Call !

1 Pet 2:9 The Effectual Call !

This Divine Call is not just a " hey you over there" I got something for you, but it is an actual word of command, a translation from the power of darkness [death] into the Kingdom of Light or of God,s Dear Son Col 1:13

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

It is when one is entering into the Kingdom of God Jn 3:3-5

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Now the word for call in 1 Pet 2:9 is the greek word kaleō and has more of the ideal of a summon ! Our english word summon means:

to call upon to do something specified.

to call for the presence of, as by command, message, or signal; call.

to call or notify to appear at a specified place, especially before a court: to summon a defendant.

to authorize or order a gathering of; call together by authority, as for deliberation or action: to summon parliament.

to call into action; rouse; call forth (often. followed by up ): to summon all one's courage.

Its an authoritative summons resulting in action.

Lets look a little closer at the word call, as stated it is the greek word kaleo, it is derived from the root word keleuō which means:

to command, to order

This call is Illustrated by Jesus by His authoritative call of Lazarus Jn 11:

43And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

44And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

You see the results of this call of command ? Lazarus came forth. Jesus called him by name, which is also the meaning of kaleo:

to call

a) to call aloud, utter in a loud voice

b) to invite

2) to call i.e. to name, by name

a) to give a name to

1) to receive the name of, receive as a name

2) to give some name to one, call his name

b) to be called i.e. to bear a name or title (among men)

c) to salute one by name

Same word calleth is in Jn 10:3

3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

This call, leads the called one out of death, as it is Illustrated by Lazarus Jn 11:44

44And he that was dead came forth,

This is what is meant by the Call out of darkness [death] See Lk 1:79 and into His marvelous light ! See Jn 8:12

Is this call for everyone without exception ? No, it is for a Chosen Generation 1 Pet 2:9

It is limited to God's Elect !

beloved57

Not according to works !

Not according to works !

2 Tim 1:9

The elect, God in time calls us, not according to our works [unconditionally], that means this call was not based upon God farseeing those called performing any acts, conditions, faith or believing, repenting and so on, but solely premised upon His Own Purpose and Grace !

beloved57

It is a heavenly calling !

It is a heavenly calling !

Heb 3:1

1Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Those who partake of this Heavenly Calling, were the Holy Brethren, those set apart by the Divine Purpose and Born Again by the Holy Spirit of God ! One must be born from above [Heavenly] to hear and receive a Heavenly Calling !

Only those born from above are fit recipients of this Heavenly Calling. Jesus said Jn 3:3

3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

born again here is the greek words gennaō and anothen

Which means To be born or to be begotten from above,
anew, over again,

of things which come from heaven or God

Born from Heaven above !

Because, Christ, whose seed they are sits above Eph 1:20

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Col 3:1

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

It is from this heavenly places where the Call of Heb 3:1 comes from, and it is to them that have been born again or anew from above, where Christ their Head and Progenitor sits on the Right Hand of God in heavenly places !

Sorry folks, but those of us who only have partaken of our physical birth, by nature, we cannot be fit recipients of this Heavenly Calling !

beloved57

To a specific character of people !

To a specific character of people !

Isa 55:1,3

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

The call is to everyone that thirsteth, they are called to partake of the Blessings of Salvation, the sure mercies of David

3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

But this seems to be a call to a very specific and definite character, the Thirsty, and this is not a natural thirst of the natural man, but a thirst of a spiritual nature, one which the natural man does not have , if he did, then it would be error for it to be written that none seeks after God Rom 3:11

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

This word seek has the idea of crave which is also thirsting. There is no thirst by nature for the True and Living God Ps 42:1-2

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Oh, yes the natural man can be very religious and seek religion and reformation in the power of the flesh, but we fail to seek and desire after the True and Living God by nature. So this thirst of our text here in Isa 55 is evidence of one with spiritual life, the life of God implanted in the soul, a life that only the regenerated or new born babes , that are born of God. It is not even possible from a spiritual standpoint that any of us dead in sin to thirst after the Living God, it would be like a dead man thirsting for a drink from a cool water fountain ! It should also be noted that the Saviour gave a call to a special, particular characteristic Jn 7:37

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

If the person is not thirsting spiritually, then Christ is not appealing to them ! Christ is calling those who have this disposition Matt 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

those who thirst for this Righteousness, The Living God's Righteousness are fit recipients for the word of Righteousness Heb 5:13

For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

The Call to experiential salvation is for those who are born again with spiritual desires and thirstings from a holy Principal of life implanted .

beloved57

Even as many as the Lord our God shall call !

Even as many as the Lord our God shall call !

Acts 2:38-39

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

This scripture more than indicates that all men without exception are not included in this call, which is a call in reference to Salvation. Its says " as many as" which automatically denotes the exclusion of others for this call. Jesus uses those words here Jn 17:2

As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

Again exclusion of some are indicated, for all without exception were not given Him by the Father, because all the Father gives Him, comes to Him Jn 6:37

The word call here is the greek word proskaleō and means:

to call to

2) to call to one's self

3) to bid to come to one's self

4) metaph.

a) God is said to call to himself the Gentiles, aliens as they are from him, by inviting them, through the preaching of the gospel unto fellowship with himself in the Messiah's kingdom

b) Christ and the Holy Spirit are said to call to themselves those preachers of the gospel to whom they have decided to intrust a service having reference to the extension of the gospel

It basically means to call to oneself. God in this Call Acts 2:39 is calling some to Himself .

Its a Sovereign call to the called ones into or unto Fellowship 1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This special call is given to both jew and gentile Rom 9:24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

beloved57

2 Pet 1:10 Calling and Election !

2 Pet 1:10 Calling and Election !

2 Pet 1:10

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

I don't believe its a clearer scripture that joins Calling with Election. Thats who God Calls with the Gospel, the Elect of God 1 Thess 1:4-5

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Paul said to these same ones 2 Thess 2:14

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He called the Election of God as in 1 Thess 1:4

Also this call comes in power and in the Holy Ghost as Per Vs 5 and it comes to the Election of God.

Thats why to them its the Power of God Rom 1:16

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Its the Power of God when it comes in the power of the Spirit, then it brings about ones believing !

beloved57

The Elect only are the Callled according to Purpose !

The Elect only are the Callled according to Purpose !

That its God's Elect that are Called in Time by the Gospel of God's Grace through Jesus Christ, according to God's Purpose as seen in Rom 8:28

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Now ask oneself, what Purpose ? Why its the purpose of Election Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

This Purpose along with Grace was given them in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose [of election] and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Also they were Predestinated in the same purpose Rom 8:30

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called[by the Gospel]: and whom he called[by the Gospel], them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Status
Not open for further replies.