The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

Romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus Christ. This called should not be confused with the called in Matt 22:14

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

There is a dispensational difference here, for under the Old Covenant Israel as a nation was called, and this is in reference to the nation as the context will tell, just read the passage leading up to that verse and that will be seen..

But in the NT post cross, the called are those that are the called of Jesus Christ, like Saul who became paul was called in Acts 9:1-6

So when writing His epistles and addressing them as the called, He has his personal experience to verify the calling he has in mind..

The called of Jesus Christ is not for all men, but for those men and women whom Jesus Christ was made sin for, and those whom His righteousness has been reckoned unto their account..

It is a distinct group of people, separated from all other peoples in the world..

It is a call that though it is to a distinct people, its inclusive of both jew and gentile per Rom 9:23-24

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

It is the call to whom the eternal inheritance belongeth Heb 9:15

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Here are more scriptures pointing out this distinguished group, the called:

1 Cor 1:23-24,26-28

23But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness

24But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Notice " but unto them which are called" in contrast to the stumbling jews and the worldly wise greeks"

But God has chosen ones [ the called] in both groups..

26For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

The called are the same here as the chosen..

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

The called: Rom 8:29-30

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Not all are of the called of Jesus Christ, but only those given to Him for His seed, and they in due time are called into fellowship with Him.. 1 Cor 1:1,2,9

1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

This calling proceeds from the Faithfulness of God unto the chosen race, that seed whom Jesus died for..

Isa 53:10

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
WHO IS CALLED (HUMBLE)
Matt 11:25
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, "I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes.
1 Cor 1:26-28
26 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.
27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
28 and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are,
Matt 22:2-14
2 "The kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who arranged a marriage for his son,
3 "and sent out his servants to call those who were invited to the wedding; and they were not willing to come.
4 "Again, he sent out other servants, saying, 'Tell those who are invited, "See, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and fatted cattle are killed, and all things are ready. Come to the wedding."'
5 "But they made light of it and went their ways, one to his own farm, another to his business.
6 "And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them.
7 "But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city.
8 "Then he said to his servants, 'The wedding is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy.
9 'Therefore go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding.'
10 "So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11 "But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
12 "So he said to him, 'Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
13 "Then the king said to the servants, 'Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
Luke 14:12-24
12 Then He also said to him who invited Him, "When you give a dinner or a supper, do not ask your friends, your brothers, your relatives, nor rich neighbors, lest they also invite you back, and you be repaid.
13 "But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the maimed, the lame, the blind.
14 "And you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you; for you shall be repaid at the resurrection of the just."
15 Now when one of those who sat at the table with Him heard these things, he said to Him, "Blessed is he who shall eat bread in the kingdom of God!"
16 Then He said to him, "A certain man gave a great supper and invited many,
17 "and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, 'Come, for all things are now ready.'
18 "But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, 'I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.'
19 "And another said, 'I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. I ask you to have me excused.'
20 "Still another said, 'I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.'
21 "So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, 'Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.'
22 "And the servant said, 'Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.'
23 "Then the master said to the servant, 'Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
24 'For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.'"
Matt 15:13-14
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
Rev 3:17-18
17 "Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'-- and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
18 "I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
James 1:9-10
9 Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation,
10 but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away.
James 1:11
11 For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.
James 2:5-7
5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
6 But you have dishonored the poor man. Do not the rich oppress you and drag you into the courts?
7 Do they not blaspheme that noble name by which you are called?
Rom 11:29
29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Phil 3:12-17
12 Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.
13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
(NKJ)

XXX Its pretty obvious that God has only called the poor, weak, downtroddened. Then why are some rich people in the churches? They must have called themselves. Or some preachers were after their money, and the preacher called them.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When God called beloved, he hung up after finding out it was the wrong number.

beloved57

The Efficacious Call !

The Efficacious Call !

The efficacious call !

The call to the predestined or chosen ones, is a efficacious call from God that translates one out of darkness into the marvelous light..

1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

This was not a mere opportunity, or something made available to mens choice or decision, but this was an actual call from heaven that translated or passed one from death to life..

Col 1:13

13Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

The Translation and the efficacious call are the same thing

Jn 5:24

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

This call is actually regeneration or new birth whereby one is made a new creature in Christ..

So God actually calls one out of one realm [ darkness and the dominion of Satan] and calls them into another realm, [ The kingdom of His dear Son which is light]

Last edited:

beloved57

It effects obedience to Gods will..

It effects obedience to Gods will..

The efficacious call is a call by God or Christ that produces instant obedience, for example Abraham in Gen 12:1-4

1Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

4So Abram departed, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran.

The writer of Hebrews says of this occurrence Heb 11:8

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

This is because the efficacious call effects gospel obedience..

The efficacious call is Illustrated with Saul into Paul Acts 9:1-6

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Paul says this incident was His call from God, He was called by Gods Grace Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

It was the effectual working of His power Eph 3:7

Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

BTW, this is the True definition of The efficacious call to all the saints, its by the effectual working of Gods power..

Thats why Abraham obeyed also !

Again its seen in the calling of Zacchaeus Lk 19:1-9

1And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.

2And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.

3And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.

4And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.

5And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.

6And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.

7And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.

9And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

You see that, His immediate obedience was typical of His Father Abraham, because He too was the recipient [ as all the spiritual seed of Abraham are] of a efficacious call of Grace..

The responding to this call is not left up to the freewill of men to either obey or not, to submit or not, but it [ the call] makes them willing in the day of His Power Ps 110:3

3Thy people [the seed of Abraham] shall be willing in the day of thy power,

That is their willingness is the effect of Gods power, Gods efficacious call..

Last edited:

Adoration

romans 1:6

Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

Under the New Covenant, not all men and women are the called of Jesus christ.

Even though you distort the bible, and you deny God's love, mercy and justice, he still loves you.

Here's how we know you are wrong:

1 Tim 2:3,4
This is good, and pleases God our Savior,who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

John 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Ezekiel 18:32 "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

John 12:32
32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.”

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Therefore just as one man’s trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man’s act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all. Rom. 5:18

For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that he may be merciful to all.
Rom 11:32

beloved57

Even though you distort the bible, and you deny God's love, mercy and justice, he still loves you.

Here's how we know you are wrong:

1 Tim 2:3,4
This is good, and pleases God our Savior,who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

John 3:17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

Ezekiel 18:32 "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

John 12:32
32But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.”

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.

Therefore just as one man’s trespass led to condemnation for all, so one man’s act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all. Rom. 5:18

For God has imprisoned all in disobedience so that he may be merciful to all.
Rom 11:32

All the NT references belong to the elect, and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel..

And you reject the Truth..

Adoration

All the NT references belong to the elect, and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel..

And you reject the Truth..

Your lies about scripture are dangerous for your soul.

Read the bible and believe it. Don't decide what is says before you read it.

YOU will be judged for your actions.

Repent, pick up your cross, then follow Jesus.

Adoration

ador:

You are the one perverting scripture, and its Gods will that you do so.. I am glad I am not you..

You are making a big mistake if you believe you are special and exempt from judgment.

ALL MEN will be judged. Pray for understanding.

beloved57

ador:

You are making a big mistake if you believe you are special and exempt from judgment.

Who said anything about being exempt from Judgment ? All the elect are Judged in this world, in order not to be condemned with the non elect world in the day of Judgment..

1 cor 11:

32But when we [The called of the Lord see 1 cor 1] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Your Judgment is yet to come..

Adoration

ador:

Who said anything about being exempt from Judgment ? All the elect are Judged in this world, in order not to be condemned with the non elect world in the day of Judgment..

1 cor 11:

32But when we [The called of the Lord see 1 cor 1] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Once again you quote scripture out of context in order to change the meaning.
The Truth:

28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.

Gal 6
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

What comes first, reaping or sowing?

beloved57

The Holy, Effectual Call of God of God's Grace !

The Holy, Effectual Call of God of God's Grace !

2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

And Gal 1:15

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

When elect sinners are called by Grace, or with a Holy calling there is in them a new nature with spiritual powers or abilities to hear, see, and understand spiritual things, of which the mere natural man cannot..

1 Cor 2:14

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned..

Remember, the only fruitful hearer in the parable was the one who understood the word..because it was cast upon good ground Matt 13:23

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

In the effectual call they receive the spirit of adoption whereby the cry Abba Father, they are now capable of receiving spiritual instruction..however no spiritual instruction i.e believe or repent can be complied to without first having a new spiritual existence or being..and that is what the effectual call provides for the elect of God..

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
2 tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

And gal 1:15

When elect sinners are called by Grace, or with a Holy calling there is in them a new nature with spiritual powers or abilities to hear, see, and understand spiritual things, of which the mere natural man cannot..

1 cor 2:

14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned..

Remember, the only fruitful hearer in the parable was the one who understood the word..because it was cast upon good ground Matt 13:

23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

In the effectual call they receive the spirit of adoption whereby the cry Abba Father, they are now capable of receiving spiritual instruction..however no spiritual instruction i.e believe or repent can be complied to without first having a new spiritual existence or being..and that is what the effectual call provides for the elect of God..

I said
Its not automatic. One has to grow in the Spirit. Some will be disqualified, some will fall short, some will fall from grace. One must grow, and go through the milk understanding, and then the meat understanding. And then come to the revelations of Jesus Christ that Paul spoke of.
GROW IN THE SPIRIT KNOWLEDGE

Heb 2:1
1 Therefore we must give the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away.
Mark 4:24-25
24 Then He said to them, "Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given.
25 "For whoever has, to him more will be given; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him."
Eph 3:16
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
1 Tim 4:15
15 Meditate on these things; give yourself entirely to them, that your progress may be evident to all.
Gal 2:14
14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Peter before them all, "If you, being a Jew, live in the manner of Gentiles and not as the Jews, why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?
Gal 2:13
13 And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy.
Rom 1:18
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
Rev 3:15-16
15 "I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
16 "So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
2 Tim 1:7
7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
John 17:17-18
17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
18 "As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
1 Cor 2:4-8
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
6 However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
Rom 6:19
19 I speak in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. For just as you presented your members as slaves of uncleanness, and of lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves of righteousness for holiness.
Matt 4:4
4 But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Matt 16:5-11
5 Now when His disciples had come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6 Then Jesus said to them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees."
7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, "It is because we have taken no bread."
8 But Jesus, being aware of it, said to them, "O you of little faith, why do you reason among yourselves because you have brought no bread?
9 "Do you not yet understand, or remember the five loaves of the five thousand and how many baskets you took up?
10 "Nor the seven loaves of the four thousand and how many large baskets you took up?
11 "How is it you do not understand that I did not speak to you concerning bread?-- but to beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
Matt 16:12
12 Then they understood that He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
1 Cor 1:20-21
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
I Jn 1:10
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
I Jn 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
John 7:18
18 "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him.
John 3:34
34 "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God does not give the Spirit by measure.
John 3:31
31 "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
John 12:48
48 "He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him-- the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day.
Luke 10:16
16 "He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me."
Matt 24:11-13
11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 "And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 "But he who endures to the end shall be saved.
2 Tim 3:13-17
13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,
15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
John 15:1-10
1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.
8 "By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.
9 "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
(NKJ)
xxx To grow in the Spirit(verses) is to have more verses written in your conscience(book of beliefs). This is why it says to study to show thyself approved. When you put verses in your book of beliefs, you will be tested on them verses. If you pass the test the verses will stay, if you fail the test satan will be allowed to take them verses out of your book of beliefs. This is why we need to hunger and thirst after righteousness. And read daily.

Matt 13:19
19 "When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside.
(NKJ)

beloved57

The calling

The calling

Gal 1:15

This calling is also the same as drawing..i.e where we read Jn 6:44

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The word for draw here is helkō:

metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

And Jesus uses it metaphorically to describe what the effectual call of God does and accomplishes within the Chosen..

Last edited:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
gal 1:15

This calling is also the same as drawing..i.e where we read jn 6:

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The word for draw here is helkō:

metaph., to draw by inward power, lead, impel

And Jesus uses it metaphorically to describe what the effectual call of God does and accomplishes within the chosen..

I said
i noticed you mix some words together in your replies which leaves people a bit confuses. Do you know the difference between called and chosen????

beloved57

called = Drawed

called = Drawed

So it is quite appropiate to say that, no man can come to Jesus christ unless inwardly called.. Its an inward hearing of the voice of God or voice of Jesus christ..

Status
Not open for further replies.