The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
So it is quite appropiate to say that, no man can come to Jesus christ unless inwardly called.. Its an inward hearing of the voice of God or voice of Jesus christ..

I said
You will never hear Gods voice or Jesus' voice to be called or chosen.
You will hear from your guardian angel carnal thoughts. Mostly it will be fear.

John 6:44
44 "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
(NKJ)

Luke 1:50
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him from generation to generation.
(NKJ)

Matt 10:28
28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
(NKJ)

Luke 12:5
5 "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!
(NKJ)

Now if God didnt call someone they will have other reasons for getting into scripture.

Matt 15:13-14
13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.
14 "Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."
(NKJ)

beloved57

The Holy Calling !

The Holy Calling !

2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

He hath called us [ the elect] with a Holy calling, for why is it called a Holy Calling ? Because it comes from the Holy , Sovereign God Himself to a Holy set apart Gospel ready people ! It is Holy because it is efficient to secure the accomplishment of the purpose and grace of God Rom 8:29-30

29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

A ineffectual call which fails to secure Gospel obedience to the Faith [Rom 16:26& Rom 15:18] must be defective and not Holy, nor perfect. God's Holy call exhibits His power, for He merely speaks the word and it stands fast, for He commands and it is done, He says, 'Let there be light, and there is Light.

2 Cor 4:6

6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

beloved57

God calls only a remnant !

God calls only a remnant !

That God calls only a remnant is intimated in Joel 2:32

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

cp Acts 2:38-39

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

These scriptures indicate that God does not call all to obtain eternal salvation, but only His elect, the spiritual seed of Abraham, out of both Jew and Gentile Rom 9:23-24

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Last edited:

All the NT references belong to the elect, and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel..

And you reject the Truth..

Beloved,

your despised compromiser would like for you to know that the whole of this thread from the topic you posted to the proofs that you painfully studied out is sufficient and faithful to the Lords DOCTRINE, so no worries...

HOWEVER, you still draw an assumption that EZEKIEL 36 pertains to NATIONAL ISRAEL, and somehow can be dismissed as irrelevant as a testimony and witness.

You are way off, and EZEKIEL 36 gives us a PERFECT EXAMPLE or ILLUSTRATION of the workings of SALVATION in an elect individuals life.

Till you further study it out and till you harmonize it completely with the entire Bible, reserve your wisdom and present GOD'S as you faithfully do most times.

That God calls only a remnant is intimated in Joel 2:

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

cp acts 2:

38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

These scriptures indicate that God does not call all to obtain eternal salvation, but only His elect, the spiritual seed of Abraham, out of both Jew and Gentile rom 9:

23And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

This proves perfectly;

MATTHEW 7:13-14

13.) Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14.) Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

We see God telling us that MANY go to DESTRUCTION in verse 13.

In VERSE 14 we see FEW are led unto LIFE.

The FEW represent a REMNANT.

HARMONY.

peace

All the NT references belong to the elect, and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel..

And you reject the Truth..

When you said;

""""and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel.."""

Ezekiel 36 as well as for all other scripture within the entire Bible remains relevant, and is NOT intended for a NATION nor TOWARDS any NATION.

The ENTIRE BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD, FROM HIS VERY MOUTH, and each word is intended for the elect unto edification and increased knowledge...TIME AND JUDGMENT.

The SPIRIT OF PROPHECY is every WORD in the entire BIBLE.

That was the point I was making.

peace

beloved57

When you said;

""""and the OT Ezekiel belong to the nation of Israel.."""

Ezekiel 36 as well as for all other scripture within the entire Bible remains relevant, and is NOT intended for a NATION nor TOWARDS any NATION.

The ENTIRE BIBLE is the WORD OF GOD, FROM HIS VERY MOUTH, and each word is intended for the elect unto edification and increased knowledge...TIME AND JUDGMENT.

The SPIRIT OF PROPHECY is every WORD in the entire BIBLE.

That was the point I was making.

peace

If I said that, it was in the context of when in ezk we read things like this ezk 18:31

Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

ezk 33:11

Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Those words are directed towards Israel Nationally under National Covenant, and death was National Covenant death, of which they eventually did suffer, but, God was not ready at that time for that National Covenant to expire, because her purpose, of being was not fully fulfilled until the Messiah was born.

That is why God said, I have no desire for the death of the wicked, meaning, He desired not the death of that nation at so early of a date, The Messiah must be born under that National Covenant under the Law.

beloved57

Gal 1:15

Gal 1:15

Gal 1:

15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace,

An aspect of salvation by grace is to be called by Grace, and as Paul here, all the election of grace [ though by nature children of wrath as others] have been separated from their mother's womb, and as Paul, eventually called by His Grace, His here would probably be the Lord Jesus Christ.

The conversion experience of Paul on the damascus road was recored for us [ the elect] as an example or pattern on how we are converted to Christ, called by His grace to believe on Jesus Christ.

1 Tim 1:

15This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

16Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

Each and every elect vessel of mercy [ROM 9:23] has their Damascus road conversion call from Jesus Christ, though it may not be exactly as Paul's, it will be as effective.

The call of God in this respect actually converts the elect, causing the one called to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as He is set forth in the gospel Gal 1:

16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

This call to the elect, the call of grace actually reveals in them, the Lord Jesus Christ. This is a call sovereignly credited to the Spirit of God jn 16:

14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

He shall make known Christ to all those He calls by His Grace.

2 thess 2:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Notice, that this call is to the obtaining [possession] of the Glory of of our Lord Jesus Christ. Its a summons resulting in our obtaining experimentally of the Glory of our Lord. This initially of course produces conversion, which is to the praise of His glory [ eph 1:12]

One of the converting effects of this call to Glory is Trusting in Christ.

OMEGA

Beloved57 said,

14For many are called, but few are chosen.

There is a dispensational difference here, for under the Old Covenant Israel as a nation was called, and this is in reference to the nation as the context will tell, just read the passage leading up to that verse and that will be seen..

But in the NT post cross, the called are those that are the called of Jesus christ, like saul who became paul was called in acts 9..

So when writing His epistles and addressing them as the called, He has his personal experience to verify the calling he has in mind..

The called of Jesus christ is not for all men, but for those men and women whom Jesus christ was made sin for, and those whom His righteousness has been reckoned unto their account..

It is a distinct group of people, seperated from all other peoples in the world..

It is a call that though it is to a distinct people, its inclusive of both jew and gentile per rom 9:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You are talking about me again aren't you ?

THAT'S ME THAT'S ME. :sheep::king::rapture:
======================

beloved57

Calling must be distinct from regeneration or new birth, but they are closely associated in the economy of salvation. The Sovereign and gracious work of the Spirit in regeneration enables the called one to respond in Trust. The Spirit of God after regeneration operates upon the new man's will, not forcing him, because he is now a new creation with a will bent towards God and heavenly things, whereas prior to new birth, he is opposed to these holy and heavenly things and enslaved to sin and evil continually.

Gen 6:

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Folks, this is the real deal of everyone born naturally, even to this day. To deny this is pride and arrogance over the word of Truth. but also:

gen 8:

21And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

See, no change in mans nature after the flood.

Jer 13:

23Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

How can one Trust in the Holy Jesus that is accustomed to do evil ?

Jer 17:

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Now is this the heart that Paul refers to in rom 10:

9That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Or is Paul speaking of this heart ? ezk 36:26

A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Its no doubt in my mind today, that the heart Paul is referring to in rom 10:9 is the new heart given in ezk 36:26 it is given in regeneration.

Jn 1:

5And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

jn 3:

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Men by nature being darkness [ eph 5:8] loveth darkness, rather than Light, for this is true of every single human being born into this world, to include the elect.

So the regenerated person is made willing, in the day of Gods power [ ps 110:3] which is the inner working of the Spirit of God !

zech 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

In todays religious world, God the Spirit is greatly dishonored, for the advancement of the damnable heresy of the freewill of man.

The Call addresses the conscious of the renewed man, those who have had their conscious purged by the blood of Christ per heb 9:

14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

And it is these [ those with purged conscious by the blood of Christ] that are called heb 9:

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Katie

This calling proceeds from the Faithfulness of God unto the chosen race, that seed whom Jesus died for..

isa 53:

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
[/INDENT]

Though this is certainly not the fault of Jesus, there is not much else more frustrating than to see floating out in the mindset of the world today the idea that Isaiah 53 is referring to only one man who was of Israel. There have been many more since his time on earth who have shined the light in the world, and yet, those ... even many having been murdered viciously their ownselves ... are ignored by most to rather worship one Jewish man as though he were a greek demigod worthy to be credited for all that the People had learned at the point of time he walked the earth, and even all that has been learned since his disappearance.

If he were alive to know what is being done to his own even in his name, no doubt ... he would speak out against this on behalf of his own people. Read Jeremiah 30 for the name given to the one whose description fits the above mentioned verse in Isaiah 53. That would be Israel, the People, in case it becomes to hard for you to admit that the People you have cursed are those blessed of God for their service to Him. =)

beloved57

Called into believing on Jesus Christ !

Called into believing on Jesus Christ !

1 Cor 1:9

9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Organized religion today has very little to say about God's Faithfulness, but it is His by His Faithfulness to Hos Son and to His seed that many are called into believing on the Lord Jesus Christ by way of being called unto the fellowship of Him.

The words " called unto fellowship" can be called into the fellowship of His Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The word unto is the greek prep eis and primarily means:

into, unto, to, towards, for, among

Called into the sphere of fellowship with Jesus Christ.

Believers have been called [by means of the Faithfulness of God The Father] into the Fellowship of His Son. This is mentioned here in 1 Jn 1:3

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Now to be called into the sphere of fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ is to be called into believing in Him, for there can be no fellowship without believing in or Faith in Him..

This called unto or into the Fellowship of Christ is not a offer as those who teach a false gospel may say. They present it as a mere opportunity, and now its up to you to accept or respond to the call.

But scripture here is plain and to the point that some are called into a fellowship with Jesus Christ, by means of the Faithfulness of God the Father. This Fellowship includes Faith or believing in Christ..

Its a effectual call that takes one out of darkness into the marvelous light 1 Pet 2:9

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Last edited:

beloved57

God is Faithful to the called ones !

God is Faithful to the called ones !

Referencing back to the Faithfulness of God in 1 Cor 1:9 in calling some into Faith and Fellowship of the The Lord Jesus Christ, also this Faithfulness of God sanctifies the called wholly to present us blameless at the coming of the Lord.

1 Thess 5:23-24

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Notice, Paul prays to the God of Peace for this blessing, the God of Peace is used in Heb 13:20

20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

And the blessing He beseeches God for, is that all those called may be preserved blameless until the coming of our Lord. This should be a great blessing for the saints who remain until the coming of the Lord as in 1 Thess 4:15

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

They have a promise that the God of Peace will preserve them blameless, their outward and inner man..

So in essence, 1 Cor 1:8-9

8Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

and 1 Thess 5:23-24

23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

24Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

These affirm the very same Truth, which entirely is depended upon the Faithfulness of God, and nothing else..

Last edited:

beloved57

more scriptures that indicates a call into Faith !

more scriptures that indicates a call into Faith !

We have shown how 1 cor 1 9 denotes a call into Faith by way of a call unto Fellowship..

Another scripture that speaks to the same purpose is rom 8:

30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Amen, the same them that He called, them He Justified, that is Justified by Faith..

Paul writes how that Abraham heard the Gospel, how that God would Justify the heathen through Faith Gal 3:

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

rom 5:

1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

The same greek prep ek is used, just one translated through faith and the other by Faith..

Nevertheless, the called in rom 8 30 come to Justification by or through Faith..

Paul uses both in same verse here rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

But notice again its a work God shall do..

beloved57

2 Tim 1:9

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This calling issues into saving Faith, trusting in Jesus Christ.. Its a Holy Calling too, from a Holy God to a Holy People, made so by being born of the Holy Spirit..​

Last edited:

beloved57

The saved are called !

The saved are called !

Modern day religionists have had it all wrong, they believe that the call goes out to everyone without exception in regards to getting saved, and then according to ones response, they get saved...

But, scripture does not teach that, what scripture affirms is that the saved or the ones being saved are the ones that God calls with the Gospel of their salvation.

They are being saved before being actually called into experiential salvation or conversion, because those Christ died for are saved already by Christ cross work, His blood.

The preaching of the cross is only the power of God unto those who are being saved 1 Cor 1:18

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

The word saved here sozo is in the greek a present tense passive participle, meaning they are in a saved state, and they are being saved..and so it is to these that the preaching of the cross is the power of God, not to those who are in a state of perishing..

This same principle is the case in Rom 1:16

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Its the power of God unto salvation [conversion] to everyone believing it..

That means believing the gospel is a evidence of being in a saved state..

The Gospel call to some brings about a conversion experience, so that we are being saved by the preaching of the gospel. Paul means that when He says this: 1 Cor 4:15

For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

Its the verb gennao and means:

in a Jewish sense, of one who brings others over to his way of life, to convert someone

See, gospel regeneration is not here what I mean, but the gospel, to those already regenerated, brings that life to light..Thats conversion..

You see, a saving work by the Holy Ghost must precede the saving work of the gospel, and that work of the Holy Ghost that saves is described here by paul Titus 3:5

5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

This saving is in the past tense, a once and for all saving by one new birth, but the saving by the gospel is a continuous experience, because that new spiritual life will continue to feed of the word of Truth..

And before the saving work of the Holy Ghost is the saving work of Christ work on the cross, which is preceded by Being saved in the Eternal Purpose of the Godhead 2 Tim 1:9

So it is these , those saved in God's own purpose in Christ, before the world began, who are called by the gospel...

Last edited:

beloved57

Who it is that calls upon the name of the Lord ?

Who it is that calls upon the name of the Lord ?

Notice that it is written in Joel 2 :

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD come.

32And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered or saved for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

It is written that whosoever [jew or gentile] shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved or delivered, and we see that their is a called remnant to be saved, and it is they [of jew or gentile] that call upon the name of the Lord.

beloved57

Not Many Called to be saved !

1 cor 1:24

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

Now any honest heart can see that not all are called in this regard, or it would not make sense for paul to say not many wise men or not many mighty men and etc..

This is a particular calling for salvation experience for some..

This called has to do with being chosen as we can see in vs 27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

In other words, the called in vs 26 are the chosen in vs 27

The chosen of God are called..​

beloved57

Faith and Repentnace the result of the Call for the called !

Almighty God does not call in vain, for He has a purpose for His call to His chosen ones.

Both Repentance and Faith are the manifestations of God's call and Justification of the elect, they are fruits of His election. Faith and repentance are God ordained means through which the Purpose of God in Election is accomplished !

The effectual call results in or effects repentance, thats why Jesus said :

Matt 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

He came to call sinners to repentance ! Not give them a opportunity or chance to repent, but He calls them[sensible sinners by the Holy Spirit] to repentance !

The word to in the verse is the greek preposition eis and denotes primarily " entrance into "

The call is continuous resulting in repentance..

Jesus actually called all those the Father gave Him into repentance..​

Status
Not open for further replies.