The Called !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

A Holy or sanctifying call to the elect !

There's a Holy call in time to them saved by the purpose of God, and given grace in Christ Jesus before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 [FONT=&]Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This calling is Holy and its effectual unto them being sanctified by the Spirit of God 2 Thess 2:13-14

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The word holy in 2 Tim 1:9 is the word hagios:

[40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different(distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.

Now the word sanctification in 2 Thess 2:13 is also derived from hagios as it describes the setting apart unto Faith work of the Spirit. The objects are the special beloved of the Lord 2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

The Spirit works as to set apart our hearts, minds wills and affections to embrace the truth of the Gospel of our Salvation. So its a Holy calling for a Holy set apart people unto the Lord.[/FONT]

Amen Brother, because God's elect were saved and called with an Holy Calling according to His Purpose and Grace given them from Everlasting 2 Tim. 1:9, in time each one of them shall experience Sanctification of the Spirit, that is New Birth John 3:6; set apart from all the rest of the world of mankind, to believe the Truth Phil. 1:6, 29: the answer to Jesus Prayer:

John 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Titus 1:1-2

1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Now if anyone denies that the Spirit's Sanctifying Work of New Birth is required to believe the Truth, it bears evidence that their minds have been blinded by the god of this world 2 Cor. 4:3-4.

beloved57

Nanja

John 17:17-20

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Amen Sister, for you took the words right out of mouth. Jesus prayed for the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit for all whom He sanctified by His death Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

The being sanctified " through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ" simply means sanctified through His death"

All such in time during their lifetime will be sanctified by the Spirit unto belief of the Truth, which Truth comes by way of the Call of the Gospel 2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

lifeisgood

Tambora and I have asked B57 and I have asked Nanja:
Do you tell your children when you put them to bed that God loves them?

Or

Do you tell them that they might be ones that were born only so God could send them to hell and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it?

Still waiting for the answer.

Nanja

Nanja

Amen Sister, for you took the words right out of mouth. Jesus prayed for the Sanctifying Work of the Spirit for all whom He sanctified by His death Heb 10:10

10 [FONT=&]By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

[/FONT]
The being sanctified " through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ" simply means sanctified through His death"

All such in time during their lifetime will be sanctified by the Spirit unto belief of the Truth, which Truth comes by way of the Call of the Gospel 2 Thess 2:13-14

[FONT=&]13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.[/FONT]

Exactly Brother, a person being sanctified in Election Eph. 1:4-5 by Christ's Death on their behalf Eph. 1:7; Rev. 13:8b Heb. 10:10, must precede their belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13. This is when we become experientially sanctified by the Work of the Holy Spirit John 17:17.

beloved57

The effectual call !

This call is what some call irresistible grace. The Bible teaches it right here 1 Pet 2:9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

This call actually calls the chosen vessel of mercy, of the chosen generation, out of darkness into his marvellous light. It causes a complete transition out of darness into light.

Paul wrote in a similar manner Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Col 1:13

Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

2 Thess 2:14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.