The Book of Revelation: Mystery Or Profitable?

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
So it's a standard greater than Himself? Then He's not God, is He? That standard, whatever it is, is.
The standard is what he makes it, but God is not required to be humble. And 2 seems also to work also, but God considers i.e. αγαπη what is good. It doesn't matter if he "loves."

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
While technically correct, in today's vernacular, the word "Jew" is almost always synonymous with "Israelite".
It doesn't mean so, though in biblical English. And we now have Israelis who don't know what Israelite tribe they are from. How is that?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The standard is what he makes it,

That's option 2. You said 1. Are you now changing your answer?

but God is not required to be humble.

Irrelevant.

And 2 seems also to work also,

Until you realize that it means that your unitarian version of God makes Him completely arbitrary.

So you don't really have any good answer here.

but God considers i.e. αγαπη what is good. It doesn't matter if he "loves."

The phrasing is similar to the original question asked of Euthyphro by Socrates.

The question is called "Euthyphro's Dilemma."

Option 1 makes God not God, but something greater than Him God.
Option 2 makes God completely arbitrary (He is the one who decides what is good (ie, what He loves)).

But that's only when you apply it to a unitarian God.

In other words, you, a unitarian, cannot answer this question.

On the other hand, I, a Trinitarian CAN answer the question, because it opens up another option.

A unitarian God would not, and indeed, COULD NOT, say "by the testimony of two or three witnesses a matter shall be established" and remain consistent with Himself, and be neither arbitrary nor subservient to a standard outside of Himself.

A TRINITARIAN God, however, doesn't have that problem, because "by the mouth of two or three witnesses" is fulfilled by the fact that there are THREE Persons within the Godhead, and any two of the three can testify that the third has never wronged them, and can therefore testify that (because God has existed for eternity past) the third IS good, and THAT is the standard of "goodness" He uses.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You don't even have and argument that makes sense.

Says the one who resorts to an appeal to the stone by calling my argument "junk junk junk" without even bothering to try to refute it.

All you need to do to understand it is apply your mind a bit, Omni.

Sense God is good and alknowing,

This is called begging the question and going off topic, Omni. It A) in the case of "God is good," assumes the conclusion of your position, instead of trying to arrive at that conclusion via a logical process, and B) in the case of "God is . . . alknowing[sic]," has nothing to do with what has been said so far.

he has a perfect perspective your trinity dogma doesn't have.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

MAKE THE ARGUMENT!

I have made mine. You have ignored it.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Says the one who resorts to an appeal to the stone by calling my argument "junk junk junk" without even bothering to try to refute it.

All you need to do to understand it is apply your mind a bit, Omni.

This is called begging the question and going off topic, Omni. It A) in the case of "God is good," assumes the conclusion of your position, instead of trying to arrive at that conclusion via a logical process, and B) in the case of "God is . . . alknowing[sic]," has nothing to do with what has been said so far.

MAKE THE ARGUMENT!

I have made mine. You have ignored it.
There is nothing to refute. God determines what is good. Any alknowing God can do it. You are arguing from a position of weakness. You are assuming a unitarian God is not alknowing. Yes, your argument is total crap.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
There is nothing to refute.

God determines what is good.

"God arbitrarily determines what is good" is what that means, Omni.

The God of the Bible is not arbitrary. You do not serve the God of the Bible.

Any alknowing God can do it.

1) It's "all-knowing."
2) Saying it doesn't make it so!

MAKE THE ARGUMENT OR REFUTE MINE!

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1)It is allknowing.

I'm not going to argue with you on your inability to spell.

You claim it isn't. You can't prove otherwise.

I claim what, exactly, isn't? I have made the argument. You ignored it. If you would like to read my argument, it is in post #486.

And how is God not arbitrary in any form?

Arbitrary - based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Just - based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair.

God is Just. Therefore He is not arbitrary.

A trinity dogma doesn't change this.

See post #486, where I show why a unitarian God CANNOT be determined to be intrinsically good, because he is not just, while a Triune God IS good and can KNOW that He is good by the testimony of two or three witnesses, which is the same standard He uses throughout scripture.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
I'm not going to argue with you on your inability to spell.

I claim what, exactly, isn't? I have made the argument. You ignored it. If you would like to read my argument, it is in post #486.

Arbitrary - based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.

Just - based on or behaving according to what is morally right and fair.

God is Just. Therefore He is not arbitrary.

See post #486, where I show why a unitarian God CANNOT be determined to be intrinsically good, because he is not just, while a Triune God IS good and can KNOW that He is good by the testimony of two or three witnesses, which is the same standard He uses throughout scripture.
Baloney!! Since I misunderstood what arbitrary meant, I will argue the trinity dogma is the one arbitrary.

glorydaz

So you think he saw an actual lamb opening the scroll?
How did the lamb take the scroll and open it with no fingers and thumbs?
Did it take it with it's mouth and then drop it and stomp it's tiny hoofs on the seals till they broke off?
Possibly.
Or he saw Jesus and is describing Him in theoretical imagery.

It starts out saying only the Lion of Judah can open it, and then has a Lamb opening it.

Revelation 5:5-9 ESV​
(5) And one of the elders said to me, “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered, so that he can open the scroll and its seven seals.”​
(6) And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.​
(7) And he went and took the scroll from the right hand of him who was seated on the throne.​
(8) And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.​
(9) And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation,​

Same person with different imagery describing Him.
Do I think he just made this up out of whole cloth?

"I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes,"

Nope. I think he saw what he saw and described it as best he could.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
How do you answer this then, unitarian:

1) Is something (like humility) good because God recognizes it as good? Or,
2) Is something good because God commands that it is good (as Socrates put it, because God loves it)?
1) It is good because we are not God. Thus, no.
2) It is good because God is Just. Thus, no

And none of these has to do with the Trinity dogma, again. But you argue the trinity dogma is just how it has split personality disorder. Classic :)

Last edited:

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Using this kind of reasoning, New Amsterdam isn't actually New York, despite New York's official founding date being that of New Amsterdam's, which eventually became New York.

Do you see the problem yet?
Yes, but you don't know when Judah became Israel, and Revelations rejects the idea that Israel became Judah with its 144,000 raptured.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It doesn't mean so, though in biblical English. And we now have Israelis who don't know what Israelite tribe they are from. How is that?
The point is that there isn't any need to talk like a bunch of lawyers. If someone refers to Moses as a Jew, it's obvious what is being said. The only people obtuse enough to raise an objection on such a basis aren't trying to make an actual argument, they're trying to evade the point.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
And how is God not arbitrary in any form? A trinity dogma doesn't change this.
You admit to believing that God is arbitrary?

Wow! You're only the second person I've ever seen do that.

How do you square the idea that God is arbitrary (an idea that is completely foreign to the bible) with the utterly undeniably biblical fact that God is just?