ECT THE ARROGANCE & BLINDNESS OF THE PROTESTANT HERESY

Cruciform

Am still looking for this dribble - "If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins 'you shall receive a never fading crown of glory.' [2] Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in Hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practise black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and save your soul, if----and mark well what I say----if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins" (St. Louis Marie de Montfort, Secret of the Rosary, Red Rose)."
It's really irrelevant, since (1) Marie de Montfort was simply stating an opinion, and possesses no inherent doctrinal authority in the Catholic Church whatsoever, and (2) Monfort's opinion is in no way a formal binding doctrine of the Catholic Church. So I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
It's really irrelevant, since (1) Marie de Montfort was simply stating an opinion, and possesses no inherent doctrinal authority in the Catholic Church whatsoever, and (2) Monfort's opinion is in no way a formal binding doctrine of the Catholic Church. So I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Do you think his opinion is false?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps Jesus was wrong about that gates of Hades thing - I mean, the RCC sure has prevailed all these centuries.

I completely agree with this much, Danoh:

Either Jesus was wrong, or else, the jaws of Hell have indeed prevailed.

Far be it from me ever to say, however, that Jesus Himself, Truth Itself, could ever be wrong.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
No (Catechism, par. 2414). Now, again, how does this prove that your favored man-made Protestant sect is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D., and against which he declared that the gates of Hades would never prevail?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Not everything is about Catholic vs. Protestant. Although, I do find it interesting that your catechism is in opposition to Christ's chosen teacher. That sure looks like Hades has cracked the gates of the RCC.

Lon

• Not "traditions of men," but rather divinely-revealed and bindingly authoritative truth since,
The opinions (traditions of men) taught to you by your chosen invented, man-made Catholic sect are noted.

• unlike your chosen man-made non-Catholic sect, the Catholic Church is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself,
The opinions (traditions of men) taught to you by your chosen invented, man-made Catholic sect are noted.
  • and whose teachings therefore carry Christ's own power and authority.
  • Regarding the charge that the Catholic Church is a "sect," see this.
Either way, my observation remains both absolutely true and utterly unanswered by anti-Catholics.
Addressed fully in post #68
I find it interesting, however, that I have been posting the very same content for years on TOL, and have never once been banned until quite recently.
Gaudium de veritate,
Cruciform
+T+

oatmeal

12573815_416155675247359_8779831883152459170_n.jpg

Questions or Comments?

You have described yourselves quite well!

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Post your proof.
What your sect says:
2414 The seventh commandment forbids acts or enterprises that for any reason - selfish or ideological, commercial, or totalitarian - lead to the enslavement of human beings, to their being bought, sold and exchanged like merchandise, in disregard for their personal dignity. It is a sin against the dignity of persons and their fundamental rights to reduce them by violence to their productive value or to a source of profit. St. Paul directed a Christian master to treat his Christian slave "no longer as a slave but more than a slave, as a beloved brother, . . . both in the flesh and in the Lord" 194

What Paul said:
1 Corinthians 7:20-21New International Version (NIV)

20 Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them.

21 Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so.

The two are not the same. QED

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Nope. If you can't get this simple thing right, there's really no need to pay attention to the rest. Try again.

Always interesting the lengths to which you will go when you have definitively been proven wrong. I predict that you will never respond to the facts of my post.

oatmeal

Post your proof.

You believe what you believe.

For the most part, the scriptures are of none effect because RCC doctrine does not prioritize scripture, but rather tradition and the pope's opinions.

Even as Martin Luther and others saw it for themselves, even so, anyone who actually reads and believes scriptures can see that the RCC had forsaken scripture, has forsaken God, the fountain of living waters.

Should you decide to take scripture at face value instead of just another book among many you refer to, then you might be taken seriously by Biblical believers.

Until then, you remain not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.