ECT Tet and IP: so what's the bottom line, really?

john w

Hall of Fame
For over the 100th time, sweetie-explain how when you discover objective truth, i.e., "how old" a "belief system" is, determines it's veracity.

Looks like Craigie, the admitted anti-semite, bailed, suffering yet another fatal "death knell."

He is in denial.

Wick Stick

Paul didn't meet the qualifications to be one of the twelve....even thirteen, if that were the case.
We probably disagree as to what the qualifications are, then.

From where I sit, a face-to-face meeting and personal commission with the Lord Jesus Christ is entirely sufficient. The apostles might have had some other ideas in Acts 1. They made lots of other mistakes, too.

Edit: John, sorry if I interrupted your conversation with yourself.

Right Divider

Body part
We probably disagree as to what the qualifications are, then.

From where I sit, a face-to-face meeting and personal commission with the Lord Jesus Christ is entirely sufficient. The apostles might have had some other ideas in Acts 1. They made lots of other mistakes, too.

Edit: John, sorry if I interrupted your conversation with yourself.
Indeed, Paul's commission was unique and different. Good call.

Acts 1 explains what the qualifications were to be one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes (notice the match there?):

Acts 1:21-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:21) Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, (1:22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. (1:23) And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

There probably were not a large number of candidates based on those criteria; and Paul certainly did not meet those.

But Paul is not one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes; he is that other different apostle. That one apostle for the one body.

john w

Hall of Fame
Indeed, Paul's commission was unique and different. Good call.

Acts 1 explains what the qualifications were to be one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes (notice the match there?):

Acts 1:21-23 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:21) Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us, (1:22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection. (1:23) And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

There probably were not a large number of candidates based on those criteria; and Paul certainly did not meet those.

But Paul is not one of the twelve apostles for the twelve tribes; he is that other different apostle. That one apostle for the one body.

1 Corinthians 15 KJV

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

Thus, Paul, in no uncertain terms, asserts that he was not to be identified as one of "the twelve" apostles, distinguishing himself from "all of the apostles"-"seen of me also."

The bible....a book of details....

Interplanner

RD wrote:

lol, what's going on? Apostles for tribes??? The one apostle for the one body, as though Eph 3 didn't exist?

Interplanner

RD wrote:

He was able to send out 70 pretty soon into his work. There were often thousands around.

Right Divider

Body part
RD wrote:

lol, what's going on? Apostles for tribes??? The one apostle for the one body, as though Eph 3 didn't exist?
You are literally as dumb as a box of rocks.

Yes, Jesus Christ said that the TWELVE apostles would sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

Matt 19:27-28 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:27) ¶ Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? (19:28) And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

I'm guessing that your no good at pattern matching at all. There is a PATTERN there that is not hard to see, except for someone blinded by their own whacked out story (like you).

Get yourself a Bible; burn that trash that you've been reading.

Right Divider

Body part
RD wrote:

He was able to send out 70 pretty soon into his work. There were often thousands around.
Once again your are CLUELESS about the CONTEXT of what was being discussed.

You never listen and are only here to show off your mighty "book learning".

Get yourself a Bible; burn that trash that you've been reading.

musterion

What's the bottom line Tet?

He won't answer it.

If he says MAD will damn us, one of two things happens.

(a) He'll be accusing us of believing a false gospel, which would demand he tell us what the true saving Gospel is...but that's a topic he always avoids,

or

(b) knowing we believe the grace Gospel, it proves he believes salvation is foremost by being a preterist, which would reveal him to believe a false gospel.

So he says nothing. At best, he'll pretend he answered without actually answering.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
He won't answer it.

If he says MAD will damn us, one of two things happens.

(a) He'll be accusing us of believing a false gospel, which would demand he tell us what the true saving Gospel is...but that's a topic he always avoids,

or

(b) knowing we believe the grace Gospel, it proves he believes salvation is foremost by being a preterist, which would reveal him to believe a false gospel.

So he says nothing. At best, he'll pretend he answered without actually answering.

He'll also click his shoes together three times and yells out the name "DARBY!!"

Last edited:

musterion

MADs almost never quote Darby but we're called Darbyists by Tet.

Okay.

Tet quotes Flavius Josephus far more than we ever quote Darby, so Tet is a Josephian or Flavian, you pick.

IP quotes Holford every third post. He's clearly a Holfordianist.

Goose, gander. Let's make these labels stick!