TERROR IS A SWORD OF JUDGEMENT.

nikolai_42

Two questions.

If sin was not part and parcel of the will of the Almighty before the foundation of the world. Why did He prepare a Saviour before the foundation of the world.

He is not the author of sin. So in that sense He can never be the Creator of it, but He is the Creator of man (a sinner) and so there is some sense of separation from it in terms of His will. Satan deceived Eve and Adam bowed to Eve. Satan - who was a liar and a murderer from the beginning - exploited something in man when he tempted them to turn from their Maker. Was he a created being? And was his being a liar and a murderer from the beginning an indication as to how he was created? Was his nature mutable or immutable? Was his rebellion foreordained? I haven't been able to answer these satisfactorily, so I can only say that while there was a greater purpose to the sin of Adam, God did not actively bring it about. But I suppose the very declaration "Thou shalt not eat of it" implies something beyond man's understanding. After all, why create man and tell him not to do something? Why even have that option?

Question 2 Did you get that booklet on repentance?
I did finally receive it (as well as his book on I John). I started it and was admittedly distracted at the time and didn't finish it (as I recall there were some questions I had). We have moved and nearly all my books are in boxes and we are still not organized. I am hoping I can find it, re-read what I read and finish it.

nikolai_42

I will read this later as I have to make my husband his dinner

But I know from my heart, that it is not of God to murder.

God said, thou shalt not kill, and he meant just that!

Keep thinking of things to add...

I don't say that this was necessarily a specific judgment on a specific people because they were any worse sinners than anyone else. I don't know for certain what the specific judgment was. Truster says it was a specific judgment against pop culture idolatry and other things that go on at that entertainment center. Was it personal? Was it general? The more important message is that God's judgments are true and I certainly can't say why it happened. But it also reminds us the life is in God's hands alone. And that we are not guaranteed even one more breath outside of His mercy. How He judges individuals is in His hands alone.

Remember what Jesus said :

There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Luke 13:1-5

It isn't because any one sinner is worse than another that these things happen. It should be humbling for all of us.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God promises judgment (and He is the same as He was in the OT) and if we construct a God for ourselves that does not judge, that is no better than an idol. If we have a God we can handle, we don't have the True and Living God. Just ask Isaiah and John. The writer of Hebrews calls Him a consuming fire. Purity - absolute purity - is part of who and what He is. That means no (ultimate) tolerance for anything that is imperfect. He is also love. A jealous God. We are finite beings who can't fathom what it is to be ALL anything. So when judgment comes, God isn't going to pussyfoot around and try and be as gently judgmental as He can. He hates sin that absolutely.

Well said . . .

Men have abandoned any concept of divine "Absolutes."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I don't need to show you anything. Yah Veh Elohim knows my intentions, my thoughts and is aware of my words before I speak them.

I have no fear of man in declaring His will and purpose as it unfolds in time.

The instructions of Ezekiel Chapter 33 and the promises of Ezekiel Chapter 34 still apply to His watchmen and shepherds.

Tehmill

I didn't repent. I was granted repentance.

So where did sin originate?

Are you really in so much darkness as to suppose that God is the Author of sin? The bible clearly states that the devil is the author of sin, sin was found in him. God is neither tempted by sin and He tempts no man...how can you make such a blunder? God is the Father of lights in whom is no shadow due to change. God forbid [cries Paul] that the law could be sin, how then can the lawgiver be responsible for sin?

God positively forbade Adam to partake knowledge of evil...Adam sinned under a strong deception.

Here is another area where you are in appalling darkness of ignorance....this is not the time for judgement, God has set a time when He will judge the world by Jesus Christ. Acts of divine judgement in this age of grace are extremely rare. Jesus state clearly that walls do not fall on people or armies suppress and kill [or Jihadists bomb] because of sin, if that were the case who do you think will be spared? but death will come to everyone on account of sin. The sun rises and the rain falls on just and unjust alike in this gospel age, judgement is suspended.

What DOES happen when people turn ever further away from God is people make bad decisions, mistakes are made, sometimes fatal. Mistakes leading to war.

Don't you know that good evangelical Christians perished during the blitz? even while they prayed? was W.T.Stead a Christian evangelist who perished with the Titanic being punished? you need to shake up your ideas.

You have to show it in Jesus for He IS God and He has appeared among us not as vengeful Judge but as Saviour.

When tares appeared among the wheat the servants enquired "Lord shall we pluck up the tares?" but the Master said "no lest in plucking them up you destroy the wheat, wait until harvest"

Truster

Are you really in so much darkness as to suppose that God is the Author of sin? The bible clearly states that the devil is the author of sin, sin was found in him. God is neither tempted by sin and He tempts no man...how can you make such a blunder? God is the Father of lights in whom is no shadow due to change. God forbid [cries Paul] that the law could be sin, how then can the lawgiver be responsible for sin?

God positively forbade Adam to partake knowledge of evil...Adam sinned under a strong deception.

Here is another area where you are in appalling darkness of ignorance....this is not the time for judgement, God has set a time when He will judge the world by Jesus Christ. Acts of divine judgement in this age of grace are extremely rare. Jesus state clearly that walls do not fall on people or armies suppress and kill [or Jihadists bomb] because of sin, if that were the case who do you think will be spared? but death will come to everyone on account of sin. The sun rises and the rain falls on just and unjust alike in this gospel age, judgement is suspended.

What DOES happen when people turn ever further away from God is people make bad decisions, mistakes are made, sometimes fatal. Mistakes leading to war.

Don't you know that good evangelical Christians perished during the blitz? even while they prayed? was W.T.Stead a Christian evangelist who perished with the Titanic being punished? you need to shake up your ideas.

You have to show it in Jesus for He IS God and He has appeared among us not as vengeful Judge but as Saviour.

When tares appeared among the wheat the servants enquired "Lord shall we pluck up the tares?" but the Master said "no lest in plucking them up you destroy the wheat, wait until harvest"

Where did I say that Elohim is the author of sin? Save yourself some time looking because I haven't said that. Your wicked mind said that. Those that spoke against Messiah accused Him of things He hadn't done or said and you are as wicked as they were.

The parable of the sower refers to the world and not the ecclesia. We are to root out false brethren and false teachers. That is what I do. In the hope of protecting any babes that appear on the scene.

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.​

marhig

And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.​

That's right Truster, so here goes!

IT IS NEITHER EVIL NOR WICKED TO DO THE WILL OF GOD AND OBEY HIM! YOU HAVE SAID IT IS, YOU'VE HEARD THIS FROM THE DEVIL AND IT'S NOT OF GOD!

I hope that you'll listen to the truth!

Truster

That's right Truster, so here goes!

IT IS NEITHER EVIL NOR WICKED TO DO THE WILL OF GOD AND OBEY HIM! YOU HAVE SAID IT IS, YOU'VE HEARD THIS FROM THE DEVIL AND IT'S NOT OF GOD!

I hope that you'll listen to the truth!

You are filthy, naked and vile, but you say that you are clean.

Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean …

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his …

Job 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

Job 15:14-16 What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, …

Job 25:4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that …

Job 40:4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer you? I will lay my hand on my mouth.

Job 42:5,6 I have heard of you by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye sees you…

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shaped in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Romans 7:18,24 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: …

Ephesians 2:1,2 And you has he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins…

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived.

These verses will harden you unto destruction. For you the words are the killing letter that seal your fate.

Truster

ON JUDGEMENT AWP OBSERVES:

It is sad to find so many professing Christians who appear to regard the wrath of God as something for which they need to make an apology, or at least they wish there were no such thing. While some would not go so far as to openly admit that they consider it a blemish on the Divine character, yet they are far from regarding it with delight; they like not to think about it, and they rarely hear it mentioned without a secret resentment rising up in their hearts against it. Even with those who are more sober in their judgment, not a few seem to imagine that there is a severity about the Divine wrath which is too terrifying to form a theme for profitable contemplation. Others harbor the delusion that God’s wrath is not consistent with His goodness, and so seek to banish it from their thoughts.

Yes, many there are who turn away from a vision of God’s wrath as though they were called to look upon some blotch in the Divine character, or some blot upon the Divine government. But what saith the Scriptures? As we turn to them we find that God has made no attempt to conceal the fact of His wrath. He is not ashamed to make it known that vengeance and fury belong unto Him.

Truster

AND GOES ON TO SAY:

The wrath of God is His eternal detestation of all unrighteousness. It is the displeasure and indignation of Divine equity against evil. It is the holiness of God stirred into activity against sin. It is the moving cause of that just sentence which He passes upon evil-doers. God is angry against sin because it is a rebelling against His authority, a wrong done to His inviolable sovereignty.

marhig

You are totally overlooking a couple of things :

1. I am not saying that this is God's express will in the sense that God wants man to do this. Evil generally is not God's will. But it is a part of reality and God often brings it about for sometimes (most times?) mysterious reasons. All I'm saying is that He doesn't sit there and blame Satan for it all or even us. He blames our actions for His judgment. And the way He judges need not be (in fact should not be) agreeable to us because it is intended to bring about repentance. God uses sin to judge sin. He is not the author of it but He can restrain it all He wants and let it loose to whatever extent He deems necessary. That doesn't make sin His will but it does mean He uses what is and He even brings about (in some sense) the results because He is the only one ANYWHERE who wills AND does according to His own pleasure. Man plans his ways but God directs His steps. If God wants evil to be restrained, it will be. If He doesn't, He will let it loose and there is nothing anyone can do about it. In that sense, what happens is His will, but it is not His ultimate end.

2. This is not a matter of being compassionate or not. It certainly was an awful thing that happened to those children. I would think it would be easy to weep with those that weep and mourn with those that mourn. But isn't that part of the point? Wouldn't one assume that this is awful and wouldn't one assume we don't want it? The point I'm trying to make is that not wanting it (not liking it, hating evil) doesn't mean God wasn't in some way an integral part of the whole thing. God promises judgment (and He is the same as He was in the OT) and if we construct a God for ourselves that does not judge, that is no better than an idol. If we have a God we can handle, we don't have the True and Living God. Just ask Isaiah and John. The writer of Hebrews calls Him a consuming fire. Purity - absolute purity - is part of who and what He is. That means no (ultimate) tolerance for anything that is imperfect. He is also love. A jealous God. We are finite beings who can't fathom what it is to be ALL anything. So when judgment comes, God isn't going to pussyfoot around and try and be as gently judgmental as He can. He hates sin that absolutely.

Evil generally is not the will of God?? Too right it isn't, God is love and there is no evil in him!

How could you weep and mourn with those what suffering in Manchester if you believe that it was the will of God for the suicide bomber to blow himself up and kill their children?

It is not the will of God to commit suicide, which in itself is wrong, but to then blow up others? What planet are some of you people on? God is love, that was the work of Satan.

Some terrorists say that they are doing what they do because God wills it, no he doesn't! God wills us to love one another, bless those that curse us and pray for those who dispitefuly use us, and to be full of forgiveness, and Jesus has showed us the way perfectly and we are to follow him!

And as for judgement, this world is a world of sin and lusts of the flesh, and Jesus says that Satan is the Prince of it, Paul says that he is the God of this world, and so he is, because people worship him by living by the lusts of their flesh and they worship the creature rather than the creator! The flesh is in darkness, and those that live by it, do the works of it, as did this suicide bomber! When someone loses their life, then it is the will of God, unless it is at the hand of man, then that person who has taken the life will be held responsible for it. As I have said before, God said thou shalt not kill, and he means just that! God is no fool, and he won't be mocked, but how can we be judged by him if we have never heard his word? We are judged by the word of God and we are judged on what we do when we hear it!

God has made the earth beautiful, but man, because of the lusts of our flesh, is ruining it, because those in outer darkness care only for themselves, they have no thought of God and put themselves first. Many say they love God with their mouths, but live contrary, and live according to the flesh. This is not the way of God, we are to listen to the Spirit and deny sin as he shows us it, and live by the will of God. We are judged more once we know God, Jesus said to Pilate that those who handed him over had committed the greater sin! So it was a sin to kill him and those who knew God we're? the worst because they knew the law of thou shalt not kill and didn't keep it! So once we know God, we are judged more than those who don't know him. So here's my point, God loves all of us, and he is very merciful, Jesus came for sinners to save them, when James and John asked if he was going to destroy those of Samaria when they refused him, he turned to them and said, "your know not of what manner of Spirit you are, the son of man has come to save lives not destroy them" and this is the heart of God. And this should be the heart of his people, we are here to save lives through Christ, not destroy them, thus the suicide bomber was not doing the will of God, but rather he was listening to Satan when he destroyed lives!

I see the Bible very differently to many here, including the old testament, read it by the Spirit and not by the fleshly eyes as ears. Remember that it is full of deeper meanings, for the sword is the word of God through the Holy Spirit, and this is how God puts evil to death, Jesus said this in Revelation

Revelation 2:16

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Listen to what the spirit says, God is love and life, and he judges, puts to death and brings to life by his word. And Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life! Surely you can see through Jesus who was the express image of God that it is not the will of God to blow people up? He was nothing like that, he even asked God to forgive those that crucified him!! This is the heart of God!

marhig

You are filthy, naked and vile, but you say that you are clean.

Isaiah 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean …

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his …

Job 14:4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one.

Job 15:14-16 What is man, that he should be clean? and he which is born of a woman, …

Job 25:4 How then can man be justified with God? or how can he be clean that …

Job 40:4 Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer you? I will lay my hand on my mouth.

Job 42:5,6 I have heard of you by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye sees you…

Psalm 51:5 Behold, I was shaped in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Romans 7:18,24 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: …

Ephesians 2:1,2 And you has he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins…

Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived.

These verses will harden you unto destruction. For you the words are the killing letter that seal your fate.

Yes you're right, in my flesh I am, I know exactly what I am like and I admit it, without God I'm a disgrace! And as I keep saying, I can't do anything without God and Christ, but you don't seem to be listening and you keep repeating yourself with your false judgement!

But God through Christ has lifted me out of that life, and I now live by the will of God and obey him as best as I can, because I do fall sometimes but I pray that he forgives me. And I love him and our Lord Jesus Christ from my heart! And my fate is in the hands of God, because only he knows my heart!

Truster

Yes you're right, in my flesh I am, I know exactly what I am like and I admit it, without God I'm a disgrace! And as I keep saying, I can't do anything without God and Christ, but you don't seem to be listening and you keep repeating yourself with your false judgement!

But God through Christ has lifted me out of that life, and I now live by the will of God and obey him as best as I can, because I do fall sometimes but I pray that he forgives me. And I love him and our Lord Jesus Christ from my heart! And my fate is in the hands of God, because only he knows my heart!

You are subject to the religion that stems from the general revelation. You are no different to a fervent Muslim or pagan. Everything you do you do in the flesh.

marhig

You are subject to the religion that stems from the general revelation. You are no different to a fervent Muslim or pagan. Everything you do you do in the flesh.

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about and I've never joined and denomination or religion, my religion is the same as that of James.

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

And we do this by following Jesus, and living by the will of God!

Truster

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about and I've never joined and denomination or religion?, my religion is the same as that of James.

James 1:27

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

And we do this by following Jesus, and living by the will of God!

You are under a dynamised delusion and you have been caused to believe the lie.

marhig

You are under a dynamised delusion and you have been caused to believe the lie.

Think what you will truster, but I know the truth!

This is the lie, "it is evil and wicked to do the will of God." Wake up, that's a lie from the father of lies. He is a deceiver and you are being deceived!

It is neither wicked nor is it evil to live by the will of God and obey him, this is what Jesus said that we are to do to enter into heaven! And it is what God requires from his children, if we don't live by his will, then Jesus says that we are workers of iniquity! And those who truly love God will want to do his will from their hearts because they love him more than they love themselves!

Anyway I'm off, I've got things to do. :)

Truster

Think what you will truster, but I know the truth!

This is the lie, "it is evil and wicked to do the will of God." Wake up, that's a lie from the father of lies. He is a deceiver and you are being deceived!

It is neither wicked nor is it evil to live by the will of God and obey him, this is what Jesus said that we are to do to enter into heaven! And it is what God requires from his children, if we don't live by his will, then Jesus says that we are workers of iniquity! And those who truly love God will want to do his will from their hearts because they love him more than they love themselves!

Anyway I'm off, I've got things to do. :)

Try honouring your husband.

nikolai_42

Evil generally is not the will of God?? Too right it isn't, God is love and there is no evil in him!

How could you weep and mourn with those what suffering in Manchester if you believe that it was the will of God for the suicide bomber to blow himself up and kill their children?

Firs off, when looking at things from God's perspective, we can't take our own view. What God does (and what we believe about what He does) doesn't necessarily determine our emotional (or other) responses. By that I mean that if we believe God is a certain way and think that should make us respond a certain way (mourn with others, have compassion on them them etc...), then we can only make that connection if we believe we are properly able to see things as He does. Since I don't believe we can without revelation (and anything understood without that revelation may well seem twisted), I understand that certain things that the scriptures say about God are hard to reconcile with love, compassion and mercy. But since we are created beings and not the Creator, I accept that there will always be some sort of disconnect between what God has said about Himself and what He does and the way we feel about (and understand) that. That's why it's a good thing judgment is His and not ours. I don't say all this in judgment but rather about plain truth in what I believe scripture reveals about God. In the end, I believe it is far better to have God more closely involved in what we hate than to have Him removed from it - otherwise we have less hope that He is working ALL things after the counsel of His own will.

Is it the will of God for all to be saved? Is it the will of God that any should perish? Does God delight in the death of the wicked? Yes, no and no. But an emotional response (and justified one, I agree!) doesn't change the reality of sin and the matter of God's Sovereignty. If God wills good and evil happens, does that mean God's will was thwarted by either man or Satan? The answer to all three questions is that God will something good but because they aren't fulfilled, man has to believe that God had nothing to do with it. At that point you have yielded a critical part of God's Sovereignty and everything is up for grabs. Satan can now run the show by thwarting critical parts of God's plan.

But, you may say, God merely allows these things to happen. What if you had a parent who knew his child so well that he knew exactly what that child was going to do without fail (I believe God's knowledge of us is far more intimate, but I use this since I think you will agree with the analogy)? And what if that child was approaching another child with a knife and was so mad with that other boy that he was going to use the knife on the other boy? Here's a father who loves his son (and the other boy) so much that all he does is say "Don't do that, son!"? Yes, when the son carries out the awful act, he is guilty. But what loving father will allow that to happen if he has the power to stop it? Unless you believe God couldn't stop the bombing, then you have to believe either He actively willed it (which I don't) or that He allowed it for some good reason. Just like with the above analogy, would you call God loving if He allowed Satan to do something when He very easily could have stopped it? Remember, now, we are dealing with a God who said He would remove a stony heart and replace it with a heart of flesh. He has the power to change a man instantly. What would you say of the father who allowed his boy to visciously attack another when he had full power to stop it? Is that loving? And what if that father said that he loved his son enough to make his own decisions for himself - but he still told him it was wrong (so the father had no blame upon him)? What would you think of that father? And what of his love for the boy who was attacked? Did he not love that boy enough to protect him from the free will decision of the other boy?

It is not the will of God to commit suicide, which in itself is wrong, but to then blow up others? What planet are some of you people on? God is love, that was the work of Satan.

Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?
He spake of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.

John 6:70-71

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
John 17:12

Judas was chosen to do what he did - he was a devil and Jesus knew it from the beginning and still chose him. He didn't try to change him but chose him to do a certain, specific thing.

And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.
Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.

Matthew 26:23-25

Jesus knew what was going on. He chose Judas to do what he was supposed to do (betray Him) and yet He still said it would have been better that Judas never had been born. Yet if he hadn't, Jesus would not have been betrayed as He was and crucified as He was (and the scripture would never have been fulfilled). But He also didn't speak about it too loudly since the other disciples didn't realize what was happening until it happened. So God used Judas to achieve something that was not good for Judas but God was (apparently) more concerned with the scripture being fulfilled than Judas being redeemed. The silence with which He treated the matter speaks partly to Him rendering His own judgments that go beyond even His closest friends. So I acknowledge these things are hard to fathom most of the time, but God's will was beyond the evil that Judas brought to the table (so to speak). More evidence of this in John's version :

Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

John 13:26-28

Judas had already been stealing from the money bag, so he was already a devil. But Satan had not entered him and God willed that this should happen - otherwise, would he have betrayed Jesus? So I do agree with your assessment that these things - these calamities - are Satanic. But by saying so, if we exclude God, we damage His Sovereignty in a way that ultimately has wide-reaching consequences. Satan entered Judas at just the right time. Yet in doing what he did, it perfectly fulfilled scripture and brought salvation to untold millions. What is interesting is that when Satan tempted Jesus in the wilderness, he was trying to deflect Jesus from His purpose on earth. Now he was (unwittingly?) serving that purpose.

Some terrorists say that they are doing what they do because God wills it, no he doesn't! God wills us to love one another, bless those that curse us and pray for those who dispitefuly use us, and to be full of forgiveness, and Jesus has showed us the way perfectly and we are to follow him!

Again, I fully agree. But the distinction between God as judge, Creator and Sovereign and us as creations means that we cannot always understand His ways. Just because He asks us to do these things (because they are fully aligned with His heart and His approach to humanity) does not mean that He is not involved in things in a way we can't comprehend. If we could comprehend it all, what kind of God would He be?

I simply believe that if we accept those things that we can't fathom as being in some way involved (directly) in God's purposes, then we won't have any cause to lose hope. But if we isolate God from tragedy, we have cut off our only hope. If we have a God who is constantly at war with Satan, we (maybe unconsciously) accept a God who is fighting as we are - not ruling in all aspects of creation. David said that though he make his bed in hell, God would be there. God and Satan may not have the same ends, but Satan's ends will not be achieved and God is not scrambling to react to tragedy. That is the eventual upshot of a view that pits God against Satan with God being utterly absent in anything that we attribute to Satan.

And as for judgement, this world is a world of sin and lusts of the flesh, and Jesus says that Satan is the Prince of it, Paul says that he is the God of this world, and so he is, because people worship him by living by the lusts of their flesh and they worship the creature rather than the creator! The flesh is in darkness, and those that live by it, do the works of it, as did this suicide bomber! When someone loses their life, then it is the will of God, unless it is at the hand of man, then that person who has taken the life will be held responsible for it. As I have said before, God said thou shalt not kill, and he means just that! God is no fool, and he won't be mocked, but how can we be judged by him if we have never heard his word? We are judged by the word of God and we are judged on what we do when we hear it!

Then you have a God whose plan can be thwarted by His creation - or at least One who has to change His plan every time one of those humans messes it up with his doing something according to his will (instead of God's). Even the wrath of man shall praise Him...surely the remainder of wrath He shall restrain.

God has made the earth beautiful, but man, because of the lusts of our flesh, is ruining it, because those in outer darkness care only for themselves, they have no thought of God and put themselves first. Many say they love God with their mouths, but live contrary, and live according to the flesh. This is not the way of God, we are to listen to the Spirit and deny sin as he shows us it, and live by the will of God. We are judged more once we know God, Jesus said to Pilate that those who handed him over had committed the greater sin! So it was a sin to kill him and those who knew God we're? the worst because they knew the law of thou shalt not kill and didn't keep it! So once we know God, we are judged more than those who don't know him. So here's my point, God loves all of us, and he is very merciful, Jesus came for sinners to save them, when James and John asked if he was going to destroy those of Samaria when they refused him, he turned to them and said, "your know not of what manner of Spirit you are, the son of man has come to save lives not destroy them" and this is the heart of God. And this should be the heart of his people, we are here to save lives through Christ, not destroy them, thus the suicide bomber was not doing the will of God, but rather he was listening to Satan when he destroyed lives!

And again, your view of the will of God seems to me to be too separate from the mess of fallen man and fallen creation. God has to play chess with the universe (so to speak) to figure out how to navigate all the problems man's falleness will create for Him and His will. I am not saying God told the bomber to do what he did, but rather that if God hadn't removed the restraints upon him, he never would have done what his evil nature led him to do.

I see the Bible very differently to many here, including the old testament, read it by the Spirit and not by the fleshly eyes as ears. Remember that it is full of deeper meanings, for the sword is the word of God through the Holy Spirit, and this is how God puts evil to death, Jesus said this in Revelation

Revelation 2:16

Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Listen to what the spirit says, God is love and life, and he judges, puts to death and brings to life by his word. And Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life! Surely you can see through Jesus who was the express image of God that it is not the will of God to blow people up? He was nothing like that, he even asked God to forgive those that crucified him!! This is the heart of God!

I almost completely agree. But would caution against an overly metaphorical approach to the OT. I do believe it speaks in types and shadows, but it is also very real history with man's very real sin and God's very real judgment. Again...read Ezekiel 7-9 and see what God did. Read the promised judgments in Leviticus and Deuteronomy and see how God used other people (or promise to do so) to fulfill His judgments upon Israel. These are not metaphors but plain promises of God working all things after His own will. I don't disagree that forgiveness and faith are central to the gospel and even what God willed from Ancient Israel. But that doesn't change the judgments that eventually came because of persistent sin.

Read Psalm 78 to see just how unimaginably merciful God was to Israel. The central verse says it all :

But he, being full of compassion, forgave their iniquity, and destroyed them not: yea, many a time turned he his anger away, and did not stir up all his wrath.
Psalm 78:38

But we can't read God's judgments through this verse. He did judge - and He still does. That may seem incompatible (to us) with a God of love and forgiveness, but God's judgments have more of a purpose than just punishment :

With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.
Let favour be shewed to the wicked, yet will he not learn righteousness: in the land of uprightness will he deal unjustly, and will not behold the majesty of the Lord.

Isaiah 26:9-10

Judgments teach the meek and judge the wicked (at the same time).