Talk about TV shows

SaulToPaul 2

So, AT&T U-verse has pulled my local CBS channel. Hopefully it is just temporary.
Now I will be missing:

1. Big Bang Theory
2. Kevin Can Wait
3. Two Broke Girls
4. Man With a Plan
5. The Great Indoors
6. MacGyver
7. Superior Donuts

But, I've always got Barney Miller to fall back on.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bates Motel

This is the last season. I think there are still a couple of episodes left.
Never seen the young man that plays Norman Bates before, but DANG he plays that part very very well. Really creepy.

I thought they did a decent job of portraying the Norman Bates character of Psycho and his earlier relationship with his mother.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bates Motel

This is the last season. I think there are still a couple of episodes left.
Never seen the young man that plays Norman Bates before, but DANG he plays that part very very well. Really creepy.

I thought they did a decent job of portraying the Norman Bates character of Psycho and his earlier relationship with his mother.
Freddie Highmore

He was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as Charlie.

And what do you think about that little twist they threw in? Well, all of the differences, really.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Liquor
Spoiler
and dope are something like "MacGuffins" in the franchise, perhaps that unlocks some of the mystery with why I might find it so entertaining. In the whole franchise I only saw one actress crack up, and she worked it right into the scene; I'm impressed with the whole cast's professionalism, plus the heavy Christian overtones of course.

For anyone interested, there are multiple ways to start to become familiar with the franchise. You could just watch their first full-length movie called on Netflix "The Trailer Park Boys Movie" or something like that, since it strove to introduce the world outside of Canadian cable television to the TPB multiverse. You could start at Season 1, or at 2, or at 3 or 4. They started hitting their stride in Season 3, IMO. You could start with the double-episode that takes place after Season 7 called "Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys." Or, either of the other movies, although I think those benefit from previous familiarity with the characters, as they both jump right into the story and don't bother explaining anything.
Revision. Go to season 5, episode 5, and watch through episode 9. It's the kernel or heart of the franchise IMO, they've hit their stride. 5 x 22 minutes of your time.

Also. I'm plodding through Better Call Saul, which is much more enjoyable to me than Breaking Bad was. And speaking of which, would anybody else agree with me, that the best character in Breaking Bad, was the M-60? Because I think it was. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched the last episode of season 2 of the TV show Billions.

Stars: Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis

billions_tv_series_folder_icon_by_that_eerie_knock-d9okvuv.png

A wealthy attorney and a wealthy businessman.
The attorney is a trust fund inheritor, and the business man is a rags to riches story.
Both smart, and both ruthless.

The attorney absolutely hates those that take advantage and use shady tactics to make a buck.
The business man is a risk taker and not a stranger to underhandedness if a profit can be made.

Each out to ruin the other.
Their rivalry gets so intense that they are willing to lose everything they have to destroy the other.

It's like watching two skilled chess players try to out maneuver and outsmart the other to trap them into a checkmate.

Hopefully a season 3 will follow.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Doctor Who is back! And the new spinoff Class. I also enjoyed the different take on the Archie characters in Riverdale.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm about to start watching the TV series House of Cards , staring Kevin Spacey, that started in 2013 and has had 5 seasons so far.

It looks like it will be pretty good to watch.
Anyone seen it?
Worth the watch?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
...Kevin Spacey is one of the most watchable and versatile actors there is and I reckon he'd play the American 'equivalent' role with the same magneticism...
I like him as an actor, it's difficult for me to think otherwise, just in light of the Usual Suspects, and American Beauty alone. :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I've watched 4 episodes of House of Cards.
I'm hooked!
It's like watching a Shakespearean character, a Richard III who just keeps finding a new and darker bottom to inhabit. I stepped away from it for a year then caught up again.

I saw the original BBC series years ago and that was a classic:

It looks like this one may well be worth watching as well...Kevin Spacey is one of the most watchable and versatile actors there is and I reckon he'd play the American 'equivalent' role with the same magneticism...
He's compelling, but I can't help thinking, "How different would the role be if NICHOLAS CAGE were in the role?" The late night volume adjustments alone would add another level to the proceedings. :plain:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I saw the original BBC series years ago and that was a classic:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098825/?ref_=nv_sr_2

It looks like this one may well be worth watching as well...Kevin Spacey is one of the most watchable and versatile actors there is and I reckon he'd play the American 'equivalent' role with the same magneticism...
Kevin Spacey is what sells the show. He's perfect for the part.
Sly and ruthless. And just when you think he couldn't get any more cold-blooded, he does. He will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat, and in at least one situation so far ... it was literal.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've added Acorn TV subscription to my Roku to watch some good British series. Now watching Foyle's War. After watching Inspector Lewis and Endeavor (Lewis prequel) on Amazon Prime, will move to Inspector Morse on Acorn TV following Foyle's War.

AMR