Study: Being Alone As Bad As Smoking, Excessive Drinking

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Study: Being Alone As Bad As Smoking, Excessive Drinking Minneapolis (WCCO)] "More Americans are choosing to live alone than ever before. And while it’s healthy to have “down time” by yourself, one study says too much alone time may shorten your life.

Researchers at Brigham Young University studied 3 million people.

They found people who said they were lonely, felt socially isolated or lived alone, had a 30 percent increased likelihood of death.

The study says loneliness and isolation are as damaging as obesity. The impact of loneliness has also been likened to smoking 15 cigarettes a day or excessive drinking..." Study: Being Alone As Bad As Smoking, Excessive Drinking Ge 2:18

"Loneliness. Jacob—in prayer (Gen. 32:23–30), Joseph—in weeping (Gen. 43:30, 31), Elijah—in discouragement (1 Kin. 19:3–14), Jeremiah—in witnessing (Jer. 15:17), Nehemiah—in a night vigil (Neh. 2:12–16), Christ—in agony (Matt. 26:36–45), Paul—in prison (2 Tim. 4:16)." Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 387). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
No amigos around to patch you up when you accidentally shoot one of your own toes off. Very sad.

Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ec 4:9–12

Caledvwlch

Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.
Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm;
But how can one be warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him.
And a threefold cord is not quickly broken. Ec 4:9–12

Ecclesiastes is the best. :cheers:

Truster

Being alone does not always equate to loneliness. Time alone, correctly used and invested, cannot be over valued as it is priceless.

john w

Hall of Fame
Well, I had not had a cigarrette since 1/6/2013-until I read this thread. Thanks.

Caledvwlch

Being alone does not always equate to loneliness. Time alone, correctly used and invested, cannot be over valued as it is priceless.

I need time alone to pace around my house and make weird faces and practice my Morgan Freeman voice. But that's just me, probably.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yeah, but how many Nectarine crushes and pieces of cashew fudge do you have per day?

Be careful, Mayor-I might have to show you some of that extra-sensitive perception I learned from the Count. Who are you-"Einsteen?"

Truster

I need time alone to pace around my house and make weird faces and practice my Morgan Freeman voice. But that's just me, probably.

I'm pleased to say I wouldn't know M Freeman if he walked into my space. Why would you want to sound like her? him?

Truster

I used to smoke 30-40 a day. Drink 2-4 litres of beer a day and a couple or three of bottles of spirits a week and maybe more. Did that for 30 years without a break or day off. So considering the 30 years of continuous partying some time alone is just fine.

john w

Hall of Fame
I used to smoke 30-40 a day. Drink 2-4 litres of beer a day and a couple or three of bottles of spirits a week and maybe more. Did that for 30 years without a break or day off. So considering the 30 years of continuous partying some time alone is just fine.

So, the question remains: why(did you)quit something, that you are(were)very good at?

As "they" say in Texas:"When I'm alone, I'm in bad company........."