Steko's SPOTD

glorydaz

This post brought tears to my eyes. Do you pray to God? :thumb:

It's all well and good for one in his leisure to pray a nice, polite, formulaic prayer to the Father in Jesus' name. I do this like others do.
But, when my third son was turning blue with marshmallow stuck in his windpipe, it was 'JE-E-E-E-E-E-SUS!!!!!!!!' and out popped the marshmallow.
When my infant daughter was turning blue with whooping-cough, it was the same.
When I was pulling an overloaded trailer with a light pickup truck and the trailer began pushing me down a long hill at 60mph towards a narrow concrete bridge and the trailer began slinging the whole rig from one side of the road to the other and I screamed 'JE-E-E-E-SUS!!!!......the rig straightened out at the last second and went straight through the gap.
When an F-5 tornado centered on my house with my whole family in it and me in the shop behind it...when it hit I dove under a welding table as the whole building collapsed and much of it blew away, I was on my knees screaming 'JE-E-E-E-SUS!!!!!' I emerged without a scratch and my house with my family in it was left intact, though it was a direct hit. There have been many more instances than these.
When the universe is fleeing away, there is no other place to go but to Him. He is the only mediator between GOD and man.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Stephen knew who to turn to!

Yes...yes, I do!

glorydaz

Yay, Jesus!

To God alone be all glory given!

Posts of the Day are in recognition of a job well done, NOT for the "glory" involved. Give it a rest, Nang. :nono:

Matthew 25:21
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Posts of the Day are in recognition of a job well done, NOT for the "glory" involved. Give it a rest, Nang. :nono:

Matthew 25:21
His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​

I am sure Steko would be the first to give Jesus all the glory, or he would have not posted his witness to Jesus answering his prayers.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If the purpose of the SPOTD is meant by some to bring glory to the posters rather than to glorify God . . . SPOTD becomes a form of idolatry.

Does anyone else but GD advocate or practice idolatry at TOL?

glorydaz

If the purpose of the SPOTD is meant by some to bring glory to the posters rather than to glorify God . . . SPOTD becomes a form of idolatry.

Nang, you jealous old hag.

What, you've never gotten a POTD so you have to jump in and ruin Steko's? You are totally disgusting to let your promised "wrath" against me spill over onto such a wonderful man as Steko. :down:

glorydaz

As a woman, maybe you should ask a man if it's OK to get a SPOTD

Maybe you should ask yourself, since you have given a SPOTD.
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88279

Yay Tam. :thumb:

I guess Nang is playing the No-See 'em monkey game. :chuckle:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am sure Steko would be the first to give Jesus all the glory, or he would have not posted his witness to Jesus answering his prayers.

Lon

Anyone recommend it for POTY yet? This one gets my vote. Every member of TOL, including the atheist needs to know there is no other name, and that at His name, every knee shall bow. Powerful tesitmony of prayer, Steko. Thank you, sincerely for boosting me to the throne today.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone recommend it for POTY yet? This one gets my vote. Every member of TOL, including the atheist needs to know there is no other name, and that at His name, every knee shall bow. Powerful tesitmony of prayer, Steko. Thank you, sincerely for boosting me to the throne today.
I entered it for POTY just now.

It should show up in Stripe's thread here as soon as Stripe does his job!
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98245