Spiritual CHAT: A PLACE TO EXPRESS SPIRITUAL THOUGHTS.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Truster is correct regarding the condition of your heart and soul . . .
You probably agree with everything Truster does and says, and your pride in being chosen overpowers you. You must judge others and tell yourself they aren't as saved as you.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You probably agree with everything Truster does and says, and your pride in being chosen overpowers you. You must judge others and tell yourself they aren't as saved as you.

I do not find it in my heart to "destroy" others who profess the name of Jesus Christ.

Why do you?

marhig

You have omitted the necessary work of the Holy Spirit in your superstitious evaluation of Gospel power.

Why do some hear the Gospel and trust unto salvation, but others hear the same message, but remain in their unbelief and sins? Why does the Gospel preached fail to save all?
Because they have a hard heart and the word can't go deep into a hard heart.

We have a choice when we hear the gospel, hear and don't believe, hear and be a hearer only, or hear and do. Those who have soft ground are the hearers who once the seed goes in, they do, they become doers of the word, and start to grow in God. And the fruit of the Spirit can be seen in their lives as Christ is made manifest in their hearts by the power of the Spirit and they glorify God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Because they have a hard heart and the word can't go deep into a hard heart.

We have a choice when we hear the gospel, hear and don't believe, hear and be a hearer only, or hear and do. Those who have soft ground are the hearers who once the seed goes in, they do, they become doers of the word, and start to grow in God. And the fruit of the Spirit can be seen in their lives as Christ is made manifest in their hearts by the power of the Spirit and they glorify God.

All of us are born with hearts as hard as stone, and until and unless the Holy Spirit gives us new hearts with which to believe, there is no faith nor trust in God or His Gospel of Grace.

marhig

All of us are born with hearts as hard as stone, and until and unless the Holy Spirit gives us new hearts with which to believe, there is no faith nor trust in God or His Gospel of Grace.
We won't receive the Holy Spirit unless we repent and believe the gospel, God does not bless those who do not believe in him. And we are not made to believe we have a choice, believe in Jesus and the gospel or not.

Also Jesus said

Mark 1

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,*And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel

Luke 13

There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.*And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?*I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.*Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?*I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

And Peter said in Acts 3

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you

So we as I said, I believe that we have a choice, repent and believe, or not. We are not made to believe, we are not robots, we have freewill and we have to choose. As Joshua said, choose you this day whom you will serve.

glorydaz

You have omitted the necessary work of the Holy Spirit in your superstitious evaluation of Gospel power.

No, I don't omit His work....His work is in the preaching of the Gospel. Our believing in the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ as justification for our sin. It's right here in this text. He is to reprove those who believe not, and show the way of justification through that believing (faith).

John 16:8-10
And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Why do some hear the Gospel and trust unto salvation, but others hear the same message, but remain in their unbelief and sins? Why does the Gospel preached fail to save all?

Because some love the darkness more than the light....therefore they resist being drawn to the cross by the preaching of the Gospel. Their time may come later, and very often does as God is long-suffering. The very goodness and kindness of God will lead many to turn to Him for His mercy and grace. Our own guilt brought about through the law leads us to seek out God's mercy and Grace.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.​

Truster

"I praise you, Father, Adonay of the heavens and earth, because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes."​

Truster

Terror, war, pestilence, earthquakes, tsunami’s and plague are instruments for the destruction of the wicked in the hands of the Almighty. He uses the wicked to destroy the wicked. Nobody is safe when He strikes and He never misses a target:

“Shall there be evil in the city, and Yah Veh hath not worked it?”

Truster

"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters expel filth and mire. There is no shalom, saith my Elohim, to the wicked."​

Truster

Yah Veh hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil. Prov 16:4

Poole:
Hath made; or, hath wrought or doth work; for the Hebrews express the present as well as the past tense by this tense: he ordereth or disposeth; for this may be understood either of the works of creation or of providence.

All things, and especially all men, for himself; for his own service and glory; for the discovery and illustration of his own wisdom, power, goodness, truth, justice, and his other most glorious perfections.

The wicked, wilful, unrepentant and impenitent sinners, Wicked, immoral, idolatrous.

for the day of evil; for the day of punishment, as this phrase is used,Psalm 49:5 Jeremiah 17:18, and elsewhere; of which the Scripture frequently speaks, both to warn sinners of their danger, and to satisfy the minds of them which are amazed and disquieted with the consideration of the present impunity and felicity of wicked men. Men make themselves wicked, and Elohim therefore makes them miserable.

REPENT AND TRUST.​

Truster

Ezekiel xxii 14.

"Can thine heart endure, or can thine hands be strong in the days that I shall deal with thee? I Yah Veh hath spoken it, and will do it."

Truster

Elohim is honoured THROUGH the destruction of the vessels fitted for destruction

Exodus 14:17,18

Through- by way of. —used as a function word to indicate means, agency, or intermediacy:
a : by means of : by the agency of
b : because of <failed through ignorance>
c : by common descent from or relationship with <related through their grandfather>

Truster

Their talk is foul and filthy like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are loaded with lies. Everything they say has in it the sting and poison of deadly snakes. Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness. They are quick to shed blood...