ECT Speaking in tongues

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
except that as we mature we find that 'the day of salvation' was not an abrupt turn in our lives but the day of the Gospel. That is the 'day' we got saved--justified. What you're referring to was an abrupt awakening but only the day of the Gospel remains as the event upon which God can justify us.
No I meant that I was in the hospital because I stopped breathing and almost died. God saved my life that day, I'm not talking about salvation, I was saved long ago

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Faith is not fatalism

Fatalism is where what ever happens it must be of God.

You think all your thoughts are of God, when in fact they are miserable weak and filthy compared to the thoughts of the righteous.

LA

I kind of get the idea that you're the "Righteous" in your scenario whereas, old GM is the "miserable weak and filthy." Is that the extent of your little thought process? Please let me know if I'm off base. I think I got the jest of your comment, I just want to make sure.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
go to google.

http://christianity.about.com/od/physicalhealing/

or you can read about Rees Howells and others like him.(try Amazon)

LA

You see the problem is I wanted you to supply E-Mail addresses or phone numbers of those thousands of people so I can investigate on a more personal basis. Otherwise, they might just be stories that are made up. Can you see my conundrum? I don't just want to take your word for it. After all, you've been known to "stretch the truth" if you catch my drift.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Faith is not fatalism

Fatalism is where what ever happens it must be of God.

You think all your thoughts are of God, when in fact they are miserable weak and filthy compared to the thoughts of the righteous.

LA
You are very far from being righteous, you tip the scale towards evil -

lifeisgood

Have you been able to perform any miraculous feats? In this "Dispensation of Grace," we have the complete written word of God and the indwelling Holy Spirit. We want for nothing else. We no longer need tongues, the dead being raised, mass healing's, the blind suddenly gaining their sight, etc.

GM, the issue is not if I can do any of those things. The issue as I see while conversing in this thread is that God cannot do it, which I vehemently disagree with.

IMO, all the gifts of the Spirit are alive and well today in this dispensation. We might not see it the way it happened in the Bible, but that it happens somewhere in the world, that you or I do not know about it, that, that happens. No question about it.

The issue as I see it in this thread is that 'if I do not see it, it is not happening to me; therefore, there is no way that it can be happening because it has happened to you.'

God is not pleased, IMO, when we as Christians, who love Him, engage in 'if I do not see it, it is not happening to me; therefore, there is no way that it can be happening because it has happened to you.'

1 Tim 5:23 states: "Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities." If Paul still had the ability to heal at this point, why didn't he heal Timothy's often infirmities?

Because it was not a matter of healing. The water was not so good in those days. So, even if Paul had healed Timothy in that particular moment, the water was still no good. Besides that, God did not want Paul to perform that healing in that time but Paul always gives excellent advice.

BTW: it was not fermented wine as we think of it today.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GM, the issue is not if I can do any of those things. The issue as I see while conversing in this thread is that God cannot do it, which I vehemently disagree with.

IMO, all the gifts of the Spirit are alive and well today in this dispensation. We might not see it the way it happened in the Bible, but that it happens somewhere in the world, that you or I do not know about it, that, that happens. No question about it.

The issue as I see it in this thread is that 'if I do not see it, it is not happening to me; therefore, there is no way that it can be happening because it has happened to you.'

God is not pleased, IMO, when we as Christians, who love Him, engage in 'if I do not see it, it is not happening to me; therefore, there is no way that it can be happening because it has happened to you.'

Because it was not a matter of healing. The water was not so good in those days. So, even if Paul had healed Timothy in that particular moment, the water was still no good. Besides that, God did not want Paul to perform that healing in that time but Paul always gives excellent advice.

BTW: it was not fermented wine as we think of it today.

You're utterly and completely WRONG. You're only "guessing" the dead are being raised somewhere in the world. Remember when the Bible said: "Be not drunk with Wine?" If the Wine wasn't fermented, how could anybody ever get drunk on it? If Paul was still able to heal at that time, he could have easily healed Timothy's "SORTED" infirmities. Come on, we have to be logical about these things. God is a logical God.

Interplanner

You're utterly and completely WRONG. You're only "guessing" the dead are being raised somewhere in the world. Remember when the Bible said: "Be not drunk with Wine?" If the Wine wasn't fermented, how could anybody ever get drunk on it? If Paul was still able to heal at that time, he could have easily healed Timothy's "SORTED" infirmities. Come on, we have to be logical about these things. God is a logical God.

Actually without refrigeration, 'oinos' is both juice and wine, depending on the elapsed time since production.

musterion

Told this story before. A few years back a true out-there hypercharismatic I work with told me of all the claims to dead bodies being raised and such miracles going on all around the world. He named some "pastors" who I hadn't heard of...not the usual big names...but I since learned are on the lower level but real cutting edge of NAR and all that.

Anyway, since God would do these things only to magnify Christ and not just for ooh-ah, I asked the obvious question, "Where's the proof?" He said he'd check on that because he was sure such video existed.

He never came up with any so the next time we discussed it and I asked again, he said that God was blocking me from seeing the reality of all the miracles He is doing today all over the world.

Uhhhh...okay. That's one way to get out of giving evidence for one's claims, I guess.

lifeisgood

You're utterly and completely WRONG.
You are entitled to your understanding GM, as much as I am entitled to mine. My God still can do anything. That you or I have not seen it in others or in ourselves does not deny that My God can do anything.

[You're only "guessing" the dead are being raised somewhere in the world.

Exactly as you are “guessing” that NONE are being.

[Remember when the Bible said: "Be not drunk with Wine?"

Yes, I do remember when the Bible say “be not drunk with wine.”

[If the Wine wasn't fermented, how could anybody ever get drunk on it?

How can people drink fermented wine now days?

[If Paul was still able to heal at that time, he could have easily healed Timothy's "SORTED" infirmities.

Because God told Paul what God wanted Paul to do.
Just like when Paul said, God did not send me to baptize [in water]. Now, watch all the contortions of some because of what Paul said.

[Come on, we have to be logical about these things. God is a logical God.[/I]

In this thread My God has been put on trial and told that His gift of the Spirit are dead and null; therefore, He has no power at all.

====

sarcasm_zpsyhibrsjs.png

Some say: ‘If I do not see it personally happening to me, then, there is no way that it is from God. God could not dare be so gracious to you and not to me.’

Some say: ‘Because it is happening to you and therefore not happening to me; I conclude that there is no way that it can be happening at all.’

Some say: ‘It can’t be that God dare to give you of His gift and not me, so I declare, that it is not happening.’

====

Can you see the message that is being sent in this thread by some?

lifeisgood

I, lifeisgood, have said somewhere in this thread more than once that not all that is being shown as being from God is from God; however, that does not make impossible that God is performing miracles all over the world.

Souls being saved all over the world today is God's greatest miracle of all, more miraculous, IMO, than simply being healed physically or speak in tongues, etc. That some believe that God is not performing miracles all over the world does does preclude that He is.

My God can do anything any time He deems it is what He wants to do.
That I see it or not, does not preclude that He can.

Christ Jesus is the SAME yesterday, today, and forever has not changed; therefore, I conclude that if God heals anybody anywhere in the world, that I see it or not is irrelevant, will bring glory to Him, that you (who is reading this) or I see that glory manifested or not. It still will bring glory to Him.

For me, it would be like if a Muslim comes to me and say that he/she had a dream and he/she saw Jesus and Jesus told him/her to come and talk to me about Him. Who am I to say to that Muslim, 'Jesus did not talk to you in a dream'?

No, I would keep my big mouth shut about the dream and open it wide open talking about Christ Jesus and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary.

Some here would vehemently disagree with that Muslim's experience and vehemently disagree with my assessment of the situation and place a stumbling big bolder in that Muslim's path because how he/she came is not the way it is supposed to happen today, because God does not work like that anymore in today's day and would enter into a back and forth about the dream and miss the greatest miracle of all --- talk about Christ Jesus and His work of Salvation --- making My God a liar and robbing Him of His glory and power.

lifeisgood

No I meant that I was in the hospital because I stopped breathing and almost died. God saved my life that day, I'm not talking about salvation, I was saved long ago

Some in this thread will say that that is not true because God is not healing today. I agree with you though.
To God be the glory and power and honor that He healed you.
Praise Him you are still here.

musterion

For me, it would be like if a Muslim comes to me and say that he/she had a dream and he/she saw Jesus and Jesus told him/her to come and talk to me about Him. Who am I to say to that Muslim, 'Jesus did not talk to you in a dream'?

Simple. 1 Thess 5:21

What was the content of the dream?

We hear the stories about Muslims having these dreams (though I can't recall reports that Jews, Wiccans, Hindus, cultists or atheists are having them too...odd, since they're all just as lost) but never hear specifics on EXACTLY what Jesus is supposed to have said.

If He's going through the trouble, He could just as easily preach His own saving Gospel to them, if they're in a situation they'll never hear it from a believer?

And if they are sent to you (or whomever), I'd ask what gospel YOU preach. Assuming the dream was real -- that it actually was Christ -- He's not going to send anyone to someone not preaching the simple Gospel of the grace of God.

Example: Dream Jesus sends a Muslim to go talk to a Catholic, or to someone who believes Robert Schuller's ego gospel.

Conclusion: The dream was false. It was imagination or it was demonic, but it wasn't Christ.

Simple.

lifeisgood

Simple. 1 Thess 5:21

What was the content of the dream?

We hear the stories about Muslims having these dreams (though I can't recall reports that Jews, Wiccans, Hindus, cultists or atheists are having them too...odd, since they're all just as lost) but never hear specifics on EXACTLY what Jesus is supposed to have said.

If He's going through the trouble, He could just as easily preach His own saving Gospel to them, if they're in a situation they'll never hear it from a believer?

And if they are sent to you (or whomever), I'd ask what gospel YOU preach. Assuming the dream was real -- that it actually was Christ -- He's not going to send anyone to someone not preaching the simple Gospel of the grace of God.

Example: Dream Jesus sends a Muslim to go talk to a Catholic, or to someone who believes Robert Schuller's ego gospel.

Conclusion: The dream was false. It was imagination or it was demonic, but it wasn't Christ.

You just proved my point completely.

You have just denied that Muslim the greatest miracle of all --- being presented with the Gospel of Christ Jesus and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary --- therefore, denying God of His glory and power and honor.

musterion

You just proved my point completely.

No, I don't think so. All that happened is, you ignored what I said.

You have just denied that Muslim the greatest miracle of all --- being presented with the Gospel of Christ Jesus and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary --- therefore, denying God of His glory and power and honor.

Prove I denied that Muslim something guaranteed in the Bible.

Provide an example in the N.T. of Christ Himself appearing in a dream and preaching to a heathen unbeliever (which Muslims definitely are).

lifeisgood

No, I don't think so.

Prove I denied that Muslim something guaranteed in the Bible.

Provide an example in the N.T. of Christ Himself appearing in a dream and preaching to a heathen unbeliever (which Muslims definitely are).

All you have to do is read your own response, musterion.

Which indicates that you would be more preoccupied with proving that the dream is false, exactly as you are doing right now, instead of immediately presenting the Gospel.

I, lifeisgood, would totally ignore the dream and go directly to the message of the Cross.
You, musterion, would start in a back and forth about the dream being false. How do I know? You are doing it right here and right now --- therefore, denying God of His glory and power and honor --- and denying that Muslim the greatest miracle of all --- the presentation of the Gospel.