ECT Speaking in tongues

lifeisgood

Have you ever heard of Nabeel Qureshi, musterion?

He was a Muslim, supposedly Jesus spoke to him in a dream and PRAISE GOD that in God's infinite mercy and grace toward Nabeel, placed David Wood as Nabeel's roommate in college, who instead of entering into 'No, Nabeel, Jesus did not speak to you in a dream' totally ignored the dream and immediately preached the Gospel to Nabeel which eventually, after many conversations about Christ Jesus and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary, resulted in Nabeel accepting the Lord Christ Jesus as his Lord and Savior; therefore giving ALL glory, and all power, and all honor to God.

Nabeel wrote "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus".

musterion

All you have to do is read your own response, musterion.

Which indicates that you would be more preoccupied with proving that the dream is false, exactly as you are doing right now, instead of immediately presenting the Gospel.

I, lifeisgood, would totally ignore the dream and go directly to the message of the Cross.
You, musterion, would start in a back and forth about the dream being false. How do I know? You are doing it right here and right now --- therefore, denying God of His glory and power and honor --- and denying that Muslim the greatest miracle of all --- the presentation of the Gospel.

Once again you ignore what I wrote.

musterion

Have you ever heard of Nabeel Qureshi, musterion?

He was a Muslim, supposedly Jesus spoke to him in a dream and PRAISE GOD that in God's infinite mercy and grace toward Nabeel, placed David Wood as Nabeel's roommate in college, who instead of entering into 'No, Nabeel, Jesus did not speak to you in a dream' totally ignored the dream and immediately preached the Gospel to Nabeel which eventually, after many conversations about Christ Jesus and His finished legal work on the Cross of Calvary, resulted in Nabeel accepting the Lord Christ Jesus as his Lord and Savior; therefore giving ALL glory, and all power, and all honor to God.

Nabeel wrote "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus".

That's not what he said.

1) He already knew David while still a Muslim and not interested in the Bible.

2) According to the Wikipedia account, Nabeel tried to convert David at that time.

3) Nabeel had a vision of thousands of crosses (???), then asked God for a dream to confirm it.

4) A dream followed: a narrow doorway with David seated and eating on the other side, telling him he can't come in and eat. So Jesus didn't put in a personal appearance according to that video testimony. DAVID WOOD DID.

Subsidiary points:

a) Some questions raised on purported inconsistencies in Nabeel's testimony, fwiw. http://polemicsreport.com/2016/07/31/david-wood-seth-dunn-and-nabeel-qureshi/

b) I've seen a little of David Wood before but now I wonder if he's Catholic, as he says he went to a Jesuit institution.

https://counterjihadreport.com/tag/david-wood/

c) He seems ecumenical. If so, while he's sharp as a tack on Islam, that's not a good sign of discernment.

d) In this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNWA8R5aQ9E

he says lots of people THINK they got revelations from God but that they must be tested. I've yet to find how Nabeel's vision/dream was tested and verified as actually from God.

Finally, on his own website, http://www.acts17.net/, I've looked but don't see the saving Gospel of the grace of God anywhere. Do you?

Don't even know why I spent the time on this post, since you'll just ignore it all.

TweetyBird

Only babies do that.

When danger comes you will just do nothing.

It is not faith, it is fatalism.

LA

Not really. The impulse to try and fix what you can and then pray - Oh God, help me. It's take a lot of trust and faith to go through every day waiting on the Lord and letting Him make a way and let Him captain the ship. He does it quite well, you know :)

I am not sure why you stick danger in there. First reaction is not for babies. If a child is in the way of an oncoming car and I can get to them first or get them out of the way, even putting myself in danger - I don't have to think about it - I move, now. You seem quite closed minded.

TweetyBird

Try reading the thousands of testimomies.

You guys will say the devil did it rather than give God the glory.

Jesus said this as a warning:

Matt 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

TweetyBird

So how does your spirit prayeth?

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

LA

Paul said IF IF IF he prayed in a tongue. He did not say that he did. He was using that as an exaggerated example showing that all must be understood by all in the assembly. If you are doing something for yourself, the other is not edified. It's all about the assembly, not you. Paul used hyperbole a lot in this writings. Like back in chapt 13 when he talked about tongues of angels, sounding brass, and clanging cymbals. The context of chapt 14 is in reference to the assembly, not private practice.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Pentecost, Rapture] What does this have to do with the OP?
Spoiler
shake3803840830468034.JPG

TweetyBird

You people are so ignorant.

You test the spirits against the life of Jesus.

That is what the letter of John is all about.

LA

Testing the spirits is judging the spirit of the thing by the truth of the Gospel. That has to be the baseline. If a movement deviates from the Gospel of Christ, it is not in His Spirit and all that is taught is not of Him. You have to go back to the foundation of the movement - it is based on false doctrine and the false gospel of a 3 part salvation.

TweetyBird

That's not what he said.

video

1) He already knew David while still a Muslim and not interested in the Bible.

2) According to the Wikipedia account, Nabeel tried to convert David at that time.

3) Nabeel had a vision of thousands of crosses (???), then asked God for a dream to confirm it.

4) A dream followed: a narrow doorway with David seated and eating on the other side, telling him he can't come in and eat. So Jesus didn't put in a personal appearance according to that video testimony. DAVID WOOD DID.

Subsidiary points:

a) Some questions raised on purported inconsistencies in Nabeel's testimony, fwiw. http://polemicsreport.com/2016/07/31/david-wood-seth-dunn-and-nabeel-qureshi/

b) I've seen a little of David Wood before but now I wonder if he's Catholic, as he says he went to a Jesuit institution.

https://counterjihadreport.com/tag/david-wood/

c) He seems ecumenical. If so, while he's sharp as a tack on Islam, that's not a good sign of discernment.

d) In this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNWA8R5aQ9E

he says lots of people THINK they got revelations from God but that they must be tested. I've yet to find how Nabeel's vision/dream was tested and verified as actually from God.

Finally, on his own website, http://www.acts17.net/, I've looked but don't see the saving Gospel of the grace of God anywhere. Do you?

Don't even know why I spent the time on this post, since you'll just ignore it all.

Actually, I appreciate you posting this. I have looked into and read several testimonies of these so called visitations from Jesus and they do not appear to be Biblical. In fact, Jesus is not preaching the Gospel in dreams and visions. He gave that job to us as His body of believers. The power of God is the resurrection power and truth of the risen Christ, not because of manifestations, which seem to be a dime a dozen these days.

It always amazes me that it's "all about Jesus" when Muslims get these dreams, but when Catholics get these same visions, they are known to be apparitions - like the Virgin Mary, etc. It's all just deceptive signs and wonders.

One other point. Jesus addressed this in Matt 24. Interesting verses:

Matt 24
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I attended a bible study this morning and 3 individuals spoke in tongues. I've been with these people for quite a while--none of them admitted to having this gift in all this time. They told their stories like they had to apologize--like they were Sodomites coming out of the closet! One said, "You may kick me out of the study."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Actually, I appreciate you posting this. I have looked into and read several testimonies of these so called visitations from Jesus and they do not appear to be Biblical. In fact, Jesus is not preaching the Gospel in dreams and visions. He gave that job to us as His body of believers. The power of God is the resurrection power and truth of the risen Christ, not because of manifestations, which seem to be a dime a dozen these days.

It always amazes me that it's "all about Jesus" when Muslims get these dreams, but when Catholics get these same visions, they are known to be apparitions - like the Virgin Mary, etc. It's all just deceptive signs and wonders.

Matt 24
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Good post.

musterion

I attended a bible study this morning and 3 individuals spoke in tongues. I've been with these people for quite a while--none of them admitted to having this gift in all this time. They told their stories like they had to apologize--like they were Sodomites coming out of the closet! One said, "You may kick me out of the study."

Who interpreted?

What languages did they speak?

musterion

Matt 24

Yep. Notice again that in the guy's own testimony (BOTH versions, one where Wood is seated, the other where Wood is blocking his way through the door), "Jesus" never even appears.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I sincerely believe that God isn't appearing to or audibly speaking to people in this Dispensation of Grace. He ONLY speaks to us through His Holy Inspired Word. (The Bible.) He is otherwise silent today. We also have the presence of the Holy Spirit in the world and within the true believers. There may be some occult phenomena going on in some of these occurrences? The Bible states in Ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."