Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sun- and ergon are NOT peri- and choresis.
:duh:
I agree.
Two completely different words that are spelled completely different.
We have already seen what the English translation is for "Sun- and ergon" ------ work together.
Give us your English translation of "peri- and choresis".

You're a moron.
hehe!
Don't agree with PPS or you are a moron!!!!!!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Even the great PPS said this: "The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit work together. It's called perichoresis."

Wonder why he didn't say that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit dance around, instead of work together.

sun- and ergon
work together

peri- and choresis
move/dance around

Oh well.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Thank you for entering the discussion and sharing points for additional consideration. I do have a couple of question, which does not surprise you, I am sure!

When we speak of "will" we must understand that the will is attached to (belongs to) the divine nature. Natures have wills, not persons. This applies whether speaking of God or human beings. Belonging to the person as a property is the "I", "Thou", "He", that is, the sense of self. So when the Son says, "I do the will of my Father" it is the Person, the "I", that does/acts. Try to keep in the mind this useful memory aid: Natures are, Persons do/act.

I agree with "natures are, persons do" but is there any difference or separation of will within the Godhead? I think not, for I believe the one purpose and will of God is the perichoresis that binds all the (decreed) actions of God into One revealed and salvific Truth.

And defining the distinctions within the Godhead, as personal properties, does not eliminate the problem of suggested persons that must co-operate in order to remain on the same track as each other, does it?

IOW's defining the will, does not quite address the validity of suggesting necessity and requirements within the workings of God, in the same manner as synergism suggests is worked between God and mankind in regards to salvation.

If synergism, as we believe, does not work salvation on earth, why would it exist in heaven?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
He doesn't know that because
I did no such thing.

I beg to differ . . .

This entire discussion has been your attempt to insert necessity (synergism) into the Godhead, and claim that is the same as perichoresis...which it is not.

The former denies more than one attribute of God, and the latter defines the very workings of the attributes of God.

Right Divider

Body part
I beg to differ . . .

This entire discussion has been your attempt to insert necessity (synergism) into the Godhead, and claim that is the same as perichoresis...which it is not.

The former denies more than one attribute of God, and the latter defines the very workings of the attributes of God.
It would be wonderful if you could actually quote what Tambora said so that we don't have to take your word for it.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I beg to differ . . .

Perichoresis - Synergy

Perichoresis is a Greek term used to describe the triune relationship between eachperson of the Godhead. It can be defined as co-indwelling, co-inhering, and mutual interpenetration. Alister McGrath writes that it "allows the individuality of the persons to be maintained, while insisting that each person shares in the life of the other two. An image often used to express this idea is that of a 'community of being,' in which each person, while maintaining its distinctive identity, penetrates the others and is penetrated by them." ^ [1]^
Perichoresis in application

Glory

The New Testament demonstrates that God brings glory to himself. John's Gospel is important in understanding how Jesus and the Father relate; a key passage for a perichoretic understanding of God's glory is John 17:1, where Jesus prays, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you." We see that the Son brings glory to the Father, the Father brings glory to the Son, and the Spirit brings glory to the Son (cf. John 16:14). Such an understanding of glory exhibits the love expressed within the Godhead by Father, Son and Spirit as they give glory to each other.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Perichoresis - Synergy

Perichoresis is a Greek term used to describe the triune relationship between eachperson of the Godhead. It can be defined as co-indwelling, co-inhering, and mutual interpenetration. Alister McGrath writes that it "allows the individuality of the persons to be maintained, while insisting that each person shares in the life of the other two. An image often used to express this idea is that of a 'community of being,' in which each person, while maintaining its distinctive identity, penetrates the others and is penetrated by them." ^ [1]^
Perichoresis in application

Glory

The New Testament demonstrates that God brings glory to himself. John's Gospel is important in understanding how Jesus and the Father relate; a key passage for a perichoretic understanding of God's glory is John 17:1, where Jesus prays, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you." We see that the Son brings glory to the Father, the Father brings glory to the Son, and the Spirit brings glory to the Son (cf. John 16:14). Such an understanding of glory exhibits the love expressed within the Godhead by Father, Son and Spirit as they give glory to each other.

Alister McGrath on the Trinity? :eek:

(BTW, Did you attribute this post quoted from somewhere else?}

Status
Not open for further replies.