Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You were being ugly and derailing the thread. You are forgetting that this is a Christian board. It is going to be biased toward Christians, no matter what stripe they are when you are bumping heads with them in a such as that one.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Open Discussion.......

Open Discussion.......

You were being ugly and derailing the thread. You are forgetting that this is a Christian board. It is going to be biased toward Christians, no matter what stripe they are when you are bumping heads with them in a such as that one.

I disagree, I was not being 'ugly' at all, and responded to Lon in a cute comical way, having fun ( I guess that hurt his theological feelings and he had to go tattle about it), while he continues to berate, belittle and talk down to people,... thats wrong no matter what bias or opinion he happens to have. Banning me totally from that thread does show 'bias', but alot more going on. Those with a greater awareness can see THRU IT. - I guess there is some hope for mankind, since you allocated my posts here, to be savored and pondered over, so readers can gather their own conclusions ;)

There are many threads wherein posters sometimes dovetail off the topic for a few posts, which is all I did in this case, and some threads where whole tangents continue OFF TOPIC....but are these people called out and reprimanded, banned or infracted for this? NO. But when Lon whines or reports something, he gets special attention by staff because he's in cahoots with the 'establishment' and their theology club which marginalizes certain posters because of their prowess, eccentricity or theological opinions which do not resonate with theirs and poses a threat to their sense of security.

If my posts get sent here, (the very first time in all my years here) and I see changes in the way things are being "moderated", be sure it will be 'voiced' respectively. I guess there's a first for everything.

daqq

I disagree, I was not being 'ugly' at all, and responded to Lon in a cute comical way, having fun ( I guess that hurt his theological feelings and he had to go tattle about it), while he continues to berate, belittle and talk down to people,... thats wrong no matter what bias or opinion he happens to have. Banning me totally from that thread does show 'bias', but alot more going on. Those with a greater awareness can see THRU IT. - I guess there is some hope for mankind, since you allocated my posts here, to be savored and pondered over, so readers can gather their own conclusions ;)

There are many threads wherein posters sometimes dovetail off the topic for a few posts, which is all I did in this case, and some threads where whole tangents continue OFF TOPIC....but are these people called out and reprimanded, banned or infracted for this? NO. But when Lon whines or reports something, he gets special attention by staff because he's in cahoots with the 'establishment' and their theology club which marginalizes certain posters because of their prowess, eccentricity or theological opinions which do not resonate with theirs and poses a threat to their sense of security.

If my posts get sent here, (the very first time in all my years here) and I see changes in the way things are being "moderated", be sure it will be 'voiced' respectively. I guess there's a first for everything.

Lol, funny, I got banned/removed from the very same thread after the same poster reported me for "blaspheming the Trinity" after I told him he was acting like a child, (Johnny Rotten), spreading his feces all over the classroom walls in art class while expecting an "A" Grade for doing so. The mods, (and therefore admin), agreed with him and removed me from the thread for "blaspheming the Trinity", so I guess the admin here counts blaspheming Lon as equal to blaspheming the Trinity. Since that time and another final exchange with the God-Man Lon I do not waste my time arguing with him because the admins clearly count him as a God-Man. Poor lost people, worshiping a man, and of all the twisted heretics that might be available, they choose Lon to lead them in the way. Blahahahahah. :rotfl:

Truster

My prayer is that any glimmer of hope or comfort that the irreverent and impious on TOL have is removed and that the end thereof is made public that others should tremble at the very thought of irreverent impiety.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My prayer is that any glimmer of hope or comfort that the irreverent and impious on TOL have is removed and that the end thereof is made public that others should tremble at the very thought of irreverent impiety.
Now Bluster is casting spells and curses

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My prayers are sincere and in line with the will of the Father.
Your prayer, in a thread meant to offer comfort and help, instead offered judgment that should be left to God wrapped in the inferential
"Unlike me" subtext. Who decides who those irreverent and impious are? If God, leave it to God. And wouldn't it be better to pray they become pious and reverent? What would that cost you, outside of judgment?

Truster

Your prayer, in a thread meant to offer comfort and help, instead offered judgment that should be left to God wrapped in the inferential
"Unlike me" subtext. Who decides who those irreverent and impious are? If God, leave it to God. And wouldn't it be better to pray they become pious and reverent? What would that cost you, outside of judgment?

I have never met or heard of anyone with such audacity as to tell a man what he can or cannot pray for.

PS it will comfort the saints when they see this prayer answered.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have never met or heard of anyone with such audacity as to tell a man what he can or cannot pray for.
You still haven't. Questioning the approach to a particular prayer and offering an alternative that accomplishes what I'd hope would be the desired end for any Christian isn't that.

There are people in the Body who would rather see someone they find failing it suffer judgment and deprivation than see that person simply change for the better, a thing God might work gently and to the good of everyone concerned.

It's a remarkable thing. Christ Jesus, our example, lived a life of sacrifice. Why don't we sacrifice the desire for judgment and penalty and in its stead pray that the impious and irreverent, as God finds them, turn from those practices and become an upright example of gratitude in God's loving kindness?

PS it will comfort the saints when they see this prayer answered.
If a saint takes comfort in the suffering of others they may need to pray for a different outcome too.

Truster

You still haven't. Questioning the approach to a particular prayer and offering an alternative that accomplishes what I'd hope would be the desired end for any Christian isn't that.

There are people in the Body who would rather see someone they find failing it suffer judgment and deprivation than see that person simply change for the better, a thing God might work gently and to the good of everyone concerned.

It's a remarkable thing. Christ Jesus, our example, lived a life of sacrifice. Why don't we sacrifice the desire for judgment and penalty and in its stead pray that the impious and irreverent, as God finds them, turn from those practices and become an upright example of gratitude in God's loving kindness?

If a saint takes comfort in the suffering of others they may need to pray for a different outcome too.

I warn first and then pray.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I warn first and then pray.
Then first, why warn instead of counsel? Then why pray for harm instead of healing?

I'd suggest that a good many of the people you might find worthy of criticism don't see themselves the way you do and that warning and harshness might only drive them further into a defensive posture. Why not simply let God have them and offer a prayer for them?

Arthur Brain

Have you ever considered doing stand up comedy?

:think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Psalm 109
Love the Psalms.

Now what about my questions? Why not pray for instead of against? Why not sacrifice the human urge to punish those we see as failing and instead pray for God to give them what is needed to amend? Why warn instead of offering a gentle counsel and encouragement on the point?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Love the Psalms.

Now what about my questions? Why not pray for instead of against? Why not sacrifice the human urge to punish those we see as failing and instead pray for God to give them what is needed to amend? Why warn instead of offering a gentle counsel and encouragement on the point?

Warning is biblical. It is the duty of a Watchman.

Read Ezekiel Chapter 33.

Status
Not open for further replies.