Sometimes President Trump Gets It Right

glorydaz

No. The choice for that ONE PATIENT is try or die.

I don't care about that one patient. I care about the more general state of affairs. It's better that the one patient die than that we have untested drugs on the market (possibly resulting in even more patients dying, and not only that, but being swindled out of their money in the process).

Well, Trad, 38 states already have the law. I haven't heard of any bad results yet.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I wonder why this came up, given that the IND exemption already exists:

Emergency Use IND allows the FDA to authorize use of an experimental drug in an emergency situation that does not allow time for submission of an IND in accordance with 21CFR , Sec. 312.23 or Sec. 312.20. It is also used for patients who do not meet the criteria of an existing study protocol, or if an approved study protocol does not exist.
https://www.fda.gov/drugs/developme...estigationalnewdrugindapplication/default.htm

Maybe clarifying "emergency?" I would think that "going to die, and no approved procedure or drug will help" would constitute an emergency. But maybe not. Anyway, this merely expands something that's already in place in the law.