So much for the myth of the pure and noble "native American"

chair

You have no authority to comment. You say we can't talk about Mohammedans, so you can't talk about Indians.

This is an open forum. I can say what I like.

And I never said you "can't talk about Mohammedans". I disagreed with what you said. Hard to deal with that, I know. So it goes.

drbrumley

We (Europeans) wiped out 90-99% of the millions of America's native people through (mainly) disease and violence. This is indisputable. It is simply history. What exactly is your point?

My understanding of his point is liberals like to hold up the Indians as some glorified entity when they were really nothing more than a bunch of savages who worshipped not the God of the scriptures but idols they themselves propped up. They sacrificed their own women and children to these idols. That we should not hold up the Native American Indians as some sort of people to look up to and respect but actually scorn them for their vile past...

I could be wrong though...

chair

My understanding of his point is liberals like to hold up the Indians as some glorified entity when they were really nothing more than a bunch of savages who worshipped not the God of the scriptures but idols they themselves propped up. They sacrificed their own women and children to these idols. That we should not hold up the Native American Indians as some sort of people to look up to and respect but actually scorn them for their vile past...

I am not even sure who these "liberals" are, and how many of them actually "hold up the Indians as some glorified entity ".

Maybe if we saw a poll or something.

drbrumley

Well, it seems to me that most people in the US agree with the sentiment that they were "savages" and basically when looking at history for that particular time (mid to late 1800's), they agree with Sheridan that, "The only good Indian is a dead Indian."

musterion

You're not.