Should Women Be Beaten?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I was beginning to think I had a woman problem on this forum until I realized there are some that I actually like. Stained is one of them. I also like Tambora and Glorydaz and Inzl and Nori and even Nang. If God's Truth is a woman, I like her personality better than some unmentionables around here I won't mention. I don't like her theology though. One woman on here I agree with totally theologically but cannot stand one whit of her personality.

I thought you were a woman too!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
so have we come to a conclusion that either men should not be beaten, or that there are circumstances that call for corporal punishment of women also?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
No one deserves to be hit. It is a sick and awful thing when I hear others say "I was hit by my parents but I deserved it." Or "I had it coming."

It is also sad that the authoritarian, patriarchal notions of obedience and physical violence can cause our children to lie down and accept the actions of any adult in their lives or in anyone who claims authority over them. I think this is why Jesus made such savage attacks on the family values of his day and did so very, very often. We should honor our children. We have come a long way since the days of Deuteronomy and Jesus when we felt we had no choice but to kill our own children.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
No one deserves to be hit.

there was a recent thread (that prompted this) about some pervert who was caught taking pictures up the skirts of unsuspecting women

i (and others) proposed that a good thrashing would cure him of this behavior

do you agree or disagree?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
there was a recent thread (that prompted this) about some pervert who was caught taking pictures up the skirts of unsuspecting women

i (and others) proposed that a good thrashing would cure him of this behavior

do you agree or disagree?

A sound thrashing (or even a spanking) breeds anger, pain, revenge fantasies and often pure rage. Not to mention the danger of growing up believing adults in authority over you (or peer groups) will always have the last word concerning your behavior. Self discipline is much more important, effective and useful than discipline forced onto us from others.

I am really interested in how you came to ask me that question. If you read my post again with attention, respect and fairness you will easily see the answer. It makes me think you read my reply with inattention and prejudice.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
A sound thrashing (or even a spanking) breeds anger, pain, revenge fantasies and often pure rage.

I am really interested in how you came to ask me that question. If you read my post again with attention, respect and fairness you will easily see the answer. It makes me think you read my reply with inattention and prejudice.

no, i read it

the upskirting pervert wasn't a child

rexlunae

what specific actions would justify corporal punishment of women by their husbands?

None, really.

The law typically allows unilateral punishment against adults only as far as the exercise of your normal rights extends. If you are an employer, you may be able to punish your employees to some extent. If you are a spouse, you may change the nature of your relationship, up to and including filing for divorce. If you have some property that others use, you may change the terms of their use to achieve some sort of punishment.

And in some limited circumstances, you may act to prevent an actual wrong that is presently occurring, i.e. you may intervene to halt an act of violence, as specified by the local laws. This is not so much an act of punishment anyway.

But if you want to go beyond these few cases, and inflict a punishment against another person because you feel they deserve it, you must resort to a court of law, which exercises the exclusive right of criminal punishment. And since corporal punishment isn't typically used by the courts in this country, no such outcome is likely.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
thanks rex, but i'm not really all that concerned with what the dishonest legal system says

i'm more interested in what a just Godly system would say about it

rexlunae

thanks rex, but i'm not really all that concerned with what the dishonest legal system says

i'm more interested in what a just Godly system would say about it

Ok then. A just Godly system would say exactly the same thing as a just ungodly system would. See above.