Votes: 63 50.4%
  • OTHER (explain below)

Votes: 20 16.0%

• Total voters

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
fool said:
When I first came here I went red real fast, stayed that way a couple months if I recall.
When people got to know me and get used to my style I made green and went up and down, but mostly up, till I at one time was in the top five.
The sad thing is that I consider bein in the top five at one time as bein some kind of accomplishment.
I'd like to think that I arrived there because I asked good questions and was honest in my arguments but I know that it was more due to the fact that I played the game well.
Even so, I'll remeber most not the neg reps or the pos reps from the usual supporter but the green from the un-expected places, when hardened enemies gave me a thumbs up not because they agreed, but because they recognized that all I wanted was the truth and they respected the search.
I've never neg repped anyone, if I had an issue I took it up in public.
I have exposed neg reppers in public so that their cowerdice would be known.
I have made a mockery of the system for mockerys sake, I have repped people repeatedly cause I felt like it and I have repped people for no aparent reason other than to watch their numbers change.
I'm glad I found TOL and spent the time here that I did.
I hope that the thousands of posts I made and the hundreds of threads I participated in will perservere in some form into the future, and I'll always value the time that Bob Enyart took to spend with me on the radio.
I know that someday my sons will ask me to tell them about God, and I'll be able to respond "I asked about God, and this is what I heard..................."
You OK?

I am worried about you.

You sound... a bit... down. :(

Philetus

I know that someday my sons will ask me to tell them about God, and I'll be able to respond "I asked about God, and this is what I heard..................."

I don't know about the rep system, but TOL needs more people to say more things like that more often. Makes me want to be more careful what I say about God.

Thanks for the wisdom fool.
Philetus

A heretic thanks a fool for wisdom. Can you beat that? :bannana: :devil:
TOL is matchless! Keep it, Knight.

PureX

Mr. 5020 said:
I say...get rid of it.
Never happen. The clique likes the little power trip they have going way too much to ever give it up. "Knight", in particular, enjoys seeing people humiliated in public. He's said so many times. That's the whole point of all those silly medals and privileges the clique give to each other, and the weenie points, and the banning. They're all ways of setting themselves above everyone else.

Real Sorceror

PureX said:
Never happen. The clique likes the little power trip they have going way too much to ever give it up. "Knight", in particular, enjoys seeing people humiliated in public. He's said so many times. That's the whole point of all those silly medals and privileges the clique give to each other, and the weenie points, and the banning. They're all ways of setting themselves above everyone else.
:( Is that true?
I think your going a bit too far. Knight has not yet given me any reason to mistrust or disrespect him.

C

cattyfan

Dread Helm said:
What if we had some kind of "leave a comment" thing for each post? It would be tied to that post and would not change any reputation (because there would be no such system). The person leaving the comment could choose whether to have the comment public or private.

this sounds good.

I initially voted to keep the rep system as is, but then I gave it more consideration.

It always surprises me what posts get rep and which ones elicit no response...so I wouldn't miss the system if it was eliminated. It would free up space which could be better used another way.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PureX said:
That's the whole point of all those silly medals and privileges the clique give to each other, and the weenie points, and the banning. They're all ways of setting themselves above everyone else.
"weenie points"????

We don't have "weenie points" system!! :doh:

NOTE TO SELF: create a "weenie points" system.

PureX

Real Sorceror said:
:( Is that true?
Yes, it is.
Real Sorceror said:
I think your going a bit too far. Knight has not yet given me any reason to mistrust or disrespect him.
Well, I'm happy for you, then. But remember that what they do to someone else, today, they'll do to you eventually.

Granite

Hall of Fame
PureX said:

This may be true but, hey. It's their party. :party:

elyah

... the weenie-ness of the former point system was demo-ed vividly, when after I declared my intent to collect as many red reps as possible, .. then over a literal night my blood vibrant crimson reds paled to a verdent hazy shade, .. almost as if to camouflag my posts in some invisibility.

So I was ushered into the "green" party

...:readthis:

Last edited:

jeremiah

BANNED
Banned
Knight said:
Well you could but.... I am not going to let the "vote" determine my decision.

I mainly just wanted to get a "feel" for how people viewed the rep system.

Knight it has been six weeks since you posted this. Any decisions yet?

Might I make a suggestion base upon Matt. 6:19. Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust destroy, where theives break in and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven where neither moth nor rust destroys and where theives do not break in or steal; for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also!

I think it is time to zero out the reputation points. That would mean you would have to consign your million and a half points to the heavenlies!

How about keeping the current system open for one more week, or time it with the start of the NFL season. A clean slate for everyone.

We could then give awards to the top ten winners, and start a new system then?

What say you, oh mighty one?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can take it or leave it . . . If it goes beyond fun and creates a problem, well . . .

Evee

Yes if someone makes a good post I will tell them in the reps. I really hate PMing because it can get to personal.
I like to post and rep people and not get into personal stuff PMing can do.

Morphy

Evee said:
Yes if someone makes a good post I will tell them in the reps. I really hate PMing because it can get to personal.
I like to post and rep people and not get into personal stuff PMing can do.
True.