Should homosexuals be given the death penalty?

• Total voters

Big Mouth Nana

Clete said:
You're welcome.

Brace yourself; I'm fixing to tell you the truth, okay? (Some people seem unable to handle it for some reason.)
I can handle anything Clete. Just because a person believes something with their whole heart, doesn't make me have to accept that belief :)

First things first. Your belief has nothing to do with it. Not that saying it in this way is necessarily wrong, I believe it to be a disgusting sin too, but I just wanted to make perfectly clear that it isn't a disgusting sin because we believe it to be. Our personal opinions are worth precisely nothing when discussing what is and is not the truth. Homosexuality either is a disgusting sin or it is not, our believe one way or the other is irrelevant.
Well, I see it this way, since it is an abomination to God, then it should be an abomnination to us, so therefore, I feel the way that God does. After-all, His Spirit is living on the inside of us.
n. a.bom.na.tion
Abhorrence; disgust. A cause of abhorrence or disgust.

If a homo professes Christ just before his death then we say "Great!" and then lop his head off and send Him to his savior.
This sounds rather harsh to me, as I disagree with them being put into prison in the first place. I think that our judicial system needs to concentrate on the more serious crimes..murderers, and especially child molesters and lop off "something else" before they execute them.

This is another error commonly made by well meaning but ignorant Christians. We are not talking about extermination, we are not talking about vengeance, we are talking about doing justice according to that which God said is just. There are reasons why God said to execute certain criminals and exploring those reasons is interesting and worthwhile but for now suffice it to say that God is smarter than you and I put together and since He does not change we can know that He feels exactly the same today about such criminals as He always has.
Well, I wouldn't exactly call myself ignorant, but I have been called worse :think: True, God never changes personally as far as sin goes, but there were changes made when Jesus came on the scene. Are we observing all of the old laws in the OT where Liviticus is? No. Like I always say, you can't eat at the bible buffet just pick and choose. If you are going to obey the homo verse in liviticus, then you are going to have to obey the working on the sabbath day law also...they were put to death also. Have you ever done your own thing on the sabbath Clete?

Sounds great except that it is entirely unbiblical. As Christians we should restrict our opinions on such matters to that which is Biblical. In other words, we should think God's thoughts after Him.
That's where I'm at.

Homosexuality is one of the most deadly sins that exist. This is why God commanded the death penalty for the crime.
No it's not. Homosexuality is not the only sin on the OT that God commanded the death penalty for. Got a concordance??? Look up death.

But the point is that just because someone is saved doesn't mean that they should be allowed to get away with murder or any other crime (capital or otherwise).
Oh, I believe that a person should pay for their crime if they are saved or not. If a person is truely saved, they shouldn't have comitted a crime. If they are a homo, they aren't saved either.

So, to sum up, I would exhort you to begin thinking Biblically and stop trying to go with what feels right. Our duty is not to what is right in our own hearts but to what is actually right as it is revealed to us in God's infallible word.
All I see is Jesus and grace. Not homosexuals being executed.

Just Tom

Big Mouth Nana said:
I can handle anything Clete. Just because a person believes something with their whole heart, doesn't make me have to accept that belief :)

Well, I see it this way, since it is an abomination to God, then it should be an abomnination to us, so therefore, I feel the way that God does. After-all, His Spirit is living on the inside of us.
n. a.bom.na.tion

This sounds rather harsh to me, as I disagree with them being put into prison in the first place. I think that our judicial system needs to concentrate on the more serious crimes..murderers, and especially child molesters and lop off "something else" before they execute them.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call myself ignorant, but I have been called worse :think: True, God never changes personally as far as sin goes, but there were changes made when Jesus came on the scene. Are we observing all of the old laws in the OT where Liviticus is? No. Like I always say, you can't eat at the bible buffet just pick and choose. If you are going to obey the homo verse in liviticus, then you are going to have to obey the working on the sabbath day law also...they were put to death also. Have you ever done your own thing on the sabbath Clete?

That's where I'm at.

No it's not. Homosexuality is not the only sin on the OT that God commanded the death penalty for. Got a concordance??? Look up death.

Oh, I believe that a person should pay for their crime if they are saved or not. If a person is truely saved, they shouldn't have comitted a crime. If they are a homo, they aren't saved either.

Clete,
Your post was right on and yet her hard heart would not let her hear.

Nana, WHO IS UNDER GRACE? please answer this question biblically not with an I BELIEVE...

The answer to this question if why you can't see clearly..

No Worries

Clete said:
Homosexuality is one of the most deadly sins that exist. This is why God commanded the death penalty for the crime.

Woah do you have some pent up anger!

Can you see Jesus being the executioner of a homosexual. Picture it. Do you seriously think that Jesus could stand there with an axe and cut someone's head off for being gay, or stand there and stone a person to death? Is that your perception?

Me thinks the gentleman protesteth too much.
'Brokeback Mountain syndrome' perhaps?

Granite

Hall of Fame
No Worries said:
Woah do you have some pent up anger!

Can you see Jesus being the executioner of a homosexual. Picture it. Do you seriously think that Jesus could stand there with an axe and cut someone's head off for being gay, or stand there and stone a person to death? Is that your perception?

Me thinks the gentleman protesteth too much.
'Brokeback Mountain syndrome' perhaps?

Such a conclusion isn't entirely unreasonable.

At the very least some TOLers seem to have an unhealthy fixation on this topic.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Granite said:
Such a conclusion isn't entirely unreasonable.

At the very least some TOLers seem to have an unhealthy fixation on this topic.
I would just about bet my house that you have more posts in this thread and other homo threads on TOL than any other person on the site!

koban

Clete said:
I would just about bet my house that you have more posts in this thread and other homo threads on TOL than any other person on the site!

:shocked: Don't do it unless you like sleeping in your van!

You were close, though. :darwinsm:

User Name Posts

Total Posts: 952 Who Posted?

lovemeorhateme 101
Granite 80
Army of One 54
Rimi 50
Lighthouse 48
shilohproject 47
Imrahil 42
Gerald 31
Agape4Robin 31
Jadespring 30
BillyBob 25
jennifferdoug 24
Vera Carp 21
`Love. 21
Mr. 5020 20
allsmiles 19
Evee 18
Clete 18
CRASH 17
kmoney 16
Turbo 15
reverend 14
dRock 14
Sozo 13
On Fire 13
beanieboy 12
Dread Helm 12
erinmarie 10
Surr 10
Nineveh 8
Just Tom 8
ThankYouJesus 8
DocHoliday 7
One Eyed Jack 6
Annabel Lee 6
koban 6
Urizen 6
The Berean 5
drbrumley 4
Pepper 4
truthteller86 4
stevemacuk 4
eisenreich 4
Lord Vader 3
Caledvwlch 3
Greywolf 3
Morpheus 3
TruthSeeker68 3
Big Mouth Nana 3
Tru Warier 3
ApologeticJedi 2
Skeptic 2
Zimfan 2
fool 2
death2impiety 2
No Worries 2
Sealeaf 1
Melody 1
ebenz47037 1
JCAtheist 1
wholearmor 1
Silk Queen 1
ShadowMaid 1
inteltheology 1
seekinganswers 1
elginmar 1
firefighter 1
Steve London 1
Apologist 1

Granite

Hall of Fame
Clete said:

Uh, so what? When confronted with this kind of bigoted fascistic stupidity, I respond.

P.S. Nice avatar, kind of a rainbow/Microsoft thing, hmmm?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Big Mouth Nana said:
Nor does it mean it's true.

n. a.bom.na.tion
Right, you agree with God that it's disgusting but disagree with Him that they deserve the death penalty.

Well at least you said that it "sounds" harsh. God is harsh to those who deserve harshness; why aren't you? Actually having a harsh death penalty for capital crimes on the books is the most loving and most merciful thing you could possibly do. For example, you would have virtually no child molestation if you executed homos. Why is that, you ask? Well because virtually all child molesters are homos first of all and additionally practically all of the homos were molested themselves as children under the age of eight. So the execution of a convicted homo would end the cycle of abuse and lead to a situation where there were virtually no homos in the first place. Funny how God seems to always get it right, isn't it?

Well, I wouldn't exactly call myself ignorant, but I have been called worse
Biblically you are ignorant. Not to say that you're stupid but there can be no doubt about it, you are biblically ignorant.

:think: True, God never changes personally as far as sin goes, but there were changes made when Jesus came on the scene.
WOW!!! :noway:
Well you certainly aren't completely ignorant! You have no idea how rare it is for someone to make this very correct observation! Your understanding of such important issues makes your position of the issue of criminal justice all the more inexplicable though.

Are we observing all of the old laws in the OT where Liviticus is? No. Like I always say, you can't eat at the bible buffet just pick and choose. If you are going to obey the homo verse in liviticus, then you are going to have to obey the working on the sabbath day law also...they were put to death also. Have you ever done your own thing on the sabbath Clete?
A very logical question. The answer is no, we are not to observe all of the Mosaic Law. There were laws concerning religious practice for the Jews and laws concerning Israel itself concerning keeping it separated from the rest of the world. These laws no longer apply in that there is no longer any Jew/Gentile distinction. There were also laws that had to do with symbolizing Christ (the Sabbath rest is one of these) and we are not to observe such symbolism because we are in procession of the substance and thus have no need of the symbol. So the only laws that would make any sense would be those concerning criminal justice (i.e. laws against steeling, assault, accidental injury, murder, rape, homoism, etc.)

That's where I'm at.
You're sitting on the fence is where you're at. You act almost as if you're afraid to go all the way with God. Don't be afraid to take God's side on an issue. You will be offensive to perverts and other evil people but no more so than God Himself is. Or at least you shouldn’t be. Some people can take things too far and want to go around blowing away abortion doctors and such. Such actions are not Biblical nor Godly. All criminals should only be made to pay or their crime by due process of law. The law is the great teach, not vengeance.

I'm not the Biblical illiterate one here, you are. Adulterers, murderers, rapists (in most cases), homos and the like should all be executed upon conviction of their crime.

My comment was made assuming that a homo or murderer repented after having committed his crime but before his execution. And if you think that believers should be made to pay for their crime, why do you think that you are a better judge of what that payment should be than God is?

Unbeliever and criminals are not under grace but under law! The law brings people to Christ and you seek to weaken the law and thereby lower its power to do that which it was intended to do.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Granite said:
Uh, so what? When confronted with this kind of bigoted fascistic stupidity, I respond.

I don't know Granite, you seem sort of fixated on the issue to me! :think:

P.S. Nice avatar, kind of a rainbow/Microsoft thing, hmmm?
The homo version of the rainbow is 6 colored not 4. Pay attention before you offend someone.

Resting in Him,
Clete

dataanapar

lovemeorhateme said:

If so, why so? If not, why not?

If you are wondering whether or not they should be put to death, ask the people who used to live in Sodom and Gommorah.

They should answer your question.

solskjaer20

Well at least you said that it "sounds" harsh. God is harsh to those who deserve harshness; why aren't you? Actually having a harsh death penalty for capital crimes on the books is the most loving and most merciful thing you could possibly do. For example, you would have virtually no child molestation if you executed homos. Why is that, you ask? Well because virtually all child molesters are homos first of all and additionally practically all of the homos were molested themselves as children under the age of eight. So the execution of a convicted homo would end the cycle of abuse and lead to a situation where there were virtually no homos in the first place. Funny how God seems to always get it right, isn't it?
Have you any figures to substansiate your claims that all child molesters are gay?

Moreover, what do people think about lesbians? Should they be executed too, or are people just worried about gays doing what many straight couples do in the privacy of their own homes.

Granite

Hall of Fame
dataanapar said:
If you are wondering whether or not they should be put to death, ask the people who used to live in Sodom and Gommorah.

They should answer your question.

Including the women and children, yes?

dataanapar

Granite said:
Including the women and children, yes?

God gave the two cities substantial time and warning for the Godly people to get out of the cities.

As in life God gives us substantail time, and much warning before our time is up.

Granite

Hall of Fame
dataanapar said:
God gave the two cities substantial time and warning for the Godly people to get out of the cities.

As in life God gives us substantail time, and much warning before our time is up.

So this is a roundabout and weasely way of saying yes, the women and children had it coming.

Charming.

dataanapar

Granite said:
So this is a roundabout and weasely way of saying yes, the women and children had it coming.

Charming.

On the topic of women, look what happened to Lot's wife.

On the topic of children, look what Lot's two daughters did.

Just because they are women and children does not excuse them for their sins.

If they were extremely young children, and made it out of the cities alive, good for them.

If they didn't their parents are going to have an extremely bad day on judgement day.

Granite

Hall of Fame
dataanapar said:
On the topic of women, look what happened to Lot's wife.

On the topic of children, look what Lot's two daughters did.

Just because they are women and children does not excuse them for their sins.

If they were extremely young children, and made it out of the cities alive, good for them.

If they didn't their parents are going to have an extremely bad day on judgement day.

Indeed: Jehovah is capricious and more than willing to kill a woman whose great crime was glancing back (literally or figuratively) on her former home. Tsk-tsk.

Incidently, scripture never condemns Lot or his daughters for the goings on in the cave.

And there is no indication whatsoever that anyone in the city besides Lot's family made it out. So Abraham's question is rather ironic (and sickening): "Will you destroy the righteous with the wicked?"

Guess infants and kiddies don't count, Abe.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
solskjaer20 said:
Have you any figures to substansiate your claims that all child molesters are gay?
Nope! Just made it up off the top of my head.

Moreover, what do people think about lesbians? Should they be executed too, or are people just worried about gays doing what many straight couples do in the privacy of their own homes.
Fomos (female homos) should also be executed (Romans 1).