Should Children Be Executed If They've...

genuineoriginal

You have to have intent as well.
It is not true that you have to have intent.
Where is the intent of the babysitter to murder the 8-month-old infant?

Babysitter indicted for murder after police say 6-year-old killed 8-month-old infant

A Potter County jury has indicted 23-year-old Shynequa Pollard for murder after police say her 6-year-old killed an 8-month-old infant while the child was supposed to be in her care.

According to officials, Pollard was babysitting five children when she decided to leave a 6-year-old child in charge of four other children under the age of three. The indictment states the 6-year-old was known to have previously been violent with other children.

genuineoriginal

It makes you wonder what the job adverts would look like...

Executioners Needed.

Essential requirements of the role:

Must be devoid of basic human compassion and empathy, display significant psychopathic traits and antisocial behaviour along with narcissistic personality disorder.

Preferred requirements:

Clean driving license.

:rain:
Do you have a clean driving license?

genuineoriginal

It is God's will that the death penalty exists.
A good Christian follows God's will.
A person who claims to follow God but will not do God's will is not a devout servant.
Therefore, his unwillingness to carry out God's will makes him anti-God.
God's will is also that His servants will stand in the gap to turn His wrath away from those that deserve His wrath.

Ezekiel 22:30
30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.​

Both Abraham and Moses tried to do this.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
It is not true that you have to have intent.
Where is the intent of the babysitter to murder the 8-month-old infant?

Babysitter indicted for murder after police say 6-year-old killed 8-month-old infant

A Potter County jury has indicted 23-year-old Shynequa Pollard for murder after police say her 6-year-old killed an 8-month-old infant while the child was supposed to be in her care.

According to officials, Pollard was babysitting five children when she decided to leave a 6-year-old child in charge of four other children under the age of three. The indictment states the 6-year-old was known to have previously been violent with other children.

Quite obviously the child is not being prosecuted. The baby sitter is correctly being prosecuted for her reckless indifference of choosing to leave a child in charge, a child known to require close supervision.

Under the Old Covenant, there was the idea of coming of age. Later this became the Bar Mitzvah. Before this age, kids were considered children and not held responsible for the law. Only after they had come of age did the law, and its penalties, apply to them. Why do you want to change that concept?

genuineoriginal

I totally disagree. Children are not accountable for sin or crime until they are mentally mature enough to KNOW to choose good over evil.
Are you basing that on these verses?

Isaiah 7:15
15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.​

Isaiah 7:16
16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.​

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
God's will is also that His servants will stand in the gap to turn His wrath away from those that deserve His wrath.

Ezekiel 22:30
30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.​

Both Abraham and Moses tried to do this.

Do you have anything from the New Covenant? Seriously. The Old Covenant is gone, washed away with Christ's blood and we live under the New Covenant.

genuineoriginal

There's nothing misleading about it. There's a difference between the calculated taking of a life and one without intent, just common sense.
Here are two examples of the calculated taking of a life.
Would you prefer to call these examples murder, manslaughter, or killing?

Spoiler

1929: Carl Newton Mahan, murderer at six

Carl and Cecil were looking for pieces of scrap iron to sell and make some money.

Carl found one but Cecil snatched it from him and then hit him. Carl then run home, got on top of a chair, took the gun that his father held above the door and went back to Cecil.

When he saw his friend he yelled, “Now I’m going to shoot you!” Then he pressed the trigger. Cecil died and Carl became one of the youngest killers in history.

2000: Boy, 6, Accused in Classmate's Killing

A 6-year-old boy sneaked a loaded handgun into a crowded elementary school here today and shot a classmate to death early this morning in front of a large group of first-grade students, said police officials here.

The police said that they did not know the motive for shooting but that they recovered a stolen .32-caliber semiautomatic handgun at the scene and took the boy into protective custody.

genuineoriginal

Quite obviously the child is not being prosecuted. The baby sitter is correctly being prosecuted for her reckless indifference of choosing to leave a child in charge, a child known to require close supervision.

Under the Old Covenant, there was the idea of coming of age. Later this became the Bar Mitzvah. Before this age, kids were considered children and not held responsible for the law. Only after they had come of age did the law, and its penalties, apply to them. Why do you want to change that concept?
Can you see the parallel between who is being held accountable for the death in this case and in the Bible passage?

Exodus 21:28-29
28 If an ox gore a man or a woman, that they die: then the ox shall be surely stoned, and his flesh shall not be eaten; but the owner of the ox shall be quit.
29 But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but that he hath killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death.​

genuineoriginal

Do you have anything from the New Covenant? Seriously. The Old Covenant is gone, washed away with Christ's blood and we live under the New Covenant.

Matthew 5:17-19
17 [JESUS]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[/JESUS]
18 [JESUS]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.[/JESUS]
19 [JESUS]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/JESUS]​

Have heaven and earth passed?

Arthur Brain

Here are two examples of the calculated taking of a life.
Would you prefer to call these examples murder, manslaughter, or killing?

Spoiler

1929: Carl Newton Mahan, murderer at six

Carl and Cecil were looking for pieces of scrap iron to sell and make some money.

Carl found one but Cecil snatched it from him and then hit him. Carl then run home, got on top of a chair, took the gun that his father held above the door and went back to Cecil.

When he saw his friend he yelled, “Now I’m going to shoot you!” Then he pressed the trigger. Cecil died and Carl became one of the youngest killers in history.

2000: Boy, 6, Accused in Classmate's Killing

A 6-year-old boy sneaked a loaded handgun into a crowded elementary school here today and shot a classmate to death early this morning in front of a large group of first-grade students, said police officials here.

The police said that they did not know the motive for shooting but that they recovered a stolen .32-caliber semiautomatic handgun at the scene and took the boy into protective custody.

They're six year old children so murder doesn't apply as you should already be aware of.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame

Matthew 5:17-19
17 [JESUS]Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.[/JESUS]
18 [JESUS]For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.[/JESUS]
19 [JESUS]Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.[/JESUS]

Have heaven and earth passed?

Jesus died on the cross thus fulfilling the Old Covenant. Spend more time reading Galatian's to understand our relationship with the the law under the New Covenant.

glorydaz

Are you basing that on these verses?

Isaiah 7:15
15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.​

Isaiah 7:16
16 For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land that thou abhorrest shall be forsaken of both her kings.​

I would include those, but there are many more indications in Scripture. The innocence of children is not debatable (in spite of a few verses that are not meant to be taken at face value).

Matthew 18:2-4
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.​

genuineoriginal

Jesus died on the cross thus fulfilling the Old Covenant.
Jesus fulfilled the Law in the manner Paul speaks of here:

Romans 13:8
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.​

Jesus said that nothing written in the law and the prophets would pass away until all were fulfilled.
When was this prophecy (from the prophets) fulfilled?

Zechariah 14:16-21
16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.
21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts.​

genuineoriginal

I would include those, but there are many more indications in Scripture. The innocence of children is not debatable (in spite of a few verses that are not meant to be taken at face value).

Matthew 18:2-4
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, 3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.​
Nobody should be charged when a child kills someone?

Ezekiel 18:20
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.​

glorydaz

Nobody should be charged when a child kills someone?

Ezekiel 18:20
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.​

That verse isn't talking about children, but a son who is old enough to choose evil over good.

But I would say the responsible party should be charged before a child ever was.

It's the parents' responsibility to train up a child in the way he should go.