Should Children Be Executed If They've...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You said that you take the writing of English as second language authors and make reports out of it. You convert them into another sort of document. That would be translating it. I assumed you were doing it for them, but if not for whom? In any event, good on you, again.

On relevant credentials.
We're not.
Well, you were. If you're going to pull out your bone fides it seemed fair to respond in kind. And I left out that I have a BA, Alt. M. Ed., and a JD. So I've written at every academic level in addition to my experience as an author.

You like to question my ability to understand.
Rather, I note you repeatedly declaring that you don't and attempting to make it my problem (see: "Dude, English," ad nauseam).

Case in point, this post of yours, which addressed nothing at all.
I completely agree that responding point for point to your complaints is darn near the equivalent of addressing nothing at all.

Kit the Coyote

It was solely directed at the people who advocate the barbarism on display here where it comes to kids.

Yep and seeing it and their use of God and Bible to justify it, just reminds me of some of what drove me away from the church in the first place and why I am eternally grateful the US is not a theocracy.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You said that you take the writing of English as second language authors.
Yep. Note the "English" in that. Ie, no translation necessary.

On relevant credentials.
Nobody cares. Your insinuations that this is somehow all my problem have been addressed.

I completely agree that responding point for point to your complaints is darn near the equivalent of addressing nothing at all.

Note how far you'll go to get away from the challenge. JR said that his willingness has no impact on the rightness. You either agree or disagree. Which is it?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Arthur Brain

Yep and seeing it and their use of God and Bible to justify it, just reminds me of some of what drove me away from the church in the first place and why I am eternally grateful the US is not a theocracy.

What they advocate isn't representing God, Kit. They may think they are but they aren't and been there myself. Some folk around here are like chick tracts. Read Corinthians where it comes to the definition of love and then compare...

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're taking the side of pro-aborts. They literally endorse the tearing apart of the smallest, most vulnerable children.

Arthur Brain

Nobody cares. Your insinuations that this is somehow all my problem have been addressed.

Note how far you'll go to get away from the challenge. JR said that his willingness has no impact on the rightness. You either agree or disagree. Which is it?

JR advocates that it's "righteous" to execute six year old "criminal" children with a knife "if appropriate". Yet he, nor anyone else on here who goes along with that depravity has the "guts" to say they'd be prepared to do this "righteous deed".

Go figure.

:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Actually, you're wrong there. Translating can be used when you're taking information/writing in one form and reproducing it in another form. Probably the tertiary part of the definition, but it's in there.

Nobody cares.
Now you're just being too tough on yourself.

Your insinuations that this is somehow all my problem have been addressed.
It's not an insinuation. It's a statement you make when you do the, "Dude, English." And when you make more particular comments along that line. As I've noted repeatedly, you're just wrong. Part of the proof in that pudding is your inability to site specific passages and set out what seems impenetrable to you. I suspect it's simply above your comfort level as a reader and the implication of that irks you. You're like the guy at the party who doesn't get the joke, but rolls his eyes as if he did and it was beneath him.

That's life.

Note how far you'll go to get away from the challenge. JR said that his willingness has no impact on the rightness.
A man who thinks it's essential to vote will cast his vote. A man who supports a war won't dodge the draft. So when someone says they think it's okay to kill a child it's reasonable to first suggest they don't mean that (because it's both crazy and brutal) and then, if they insist on supporting the idea, to ask if they'd be willing to do it.

Because if they say fidelity is vital to a marriage but won't commit to it I can question whether they really mean it and whether they're the person to have the debate with on the point.

Otherwise it's grotesque gamesmanship on a matter of some importance. For the record, I think killing children is unconscionable. Before or after they're born. But I'm in the minority on that one. So be it.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, you're wrong there. Translating can be used when you're taking information/writing in one form and reproducing it in another form. Probably the tertiary part of the definition, but it's in there.
:yawn: I'm not translating.

It's not an insinuation. It's a statement.
And completely unconnected to reality.

You're just wrong.
Nope.

Part of the proof in that pudding is your inability to site specific passages and set out what seems impenetrable to you.
:darwinsm:

You just pointed out how I do it.

I suspect it's simply above your comfort level as a reader and the implication of that irks you.
:yawn:

You're like the guy at the party who doesn't get the joke, but rolls his eyes as if he did and it was beneath him.
:yawn:

A man who thinks it's essential to vote will cast his vote. A man who supports a war won't dodge the draft. So when someone says they think it's okay to kill a child it's reasonable to first suggest they don't mean that (because it's both crazy and brutal) and then, if they insist on supporting the idea, to ask if they'd be willing to do it.
Learn to read.

Not a translator.

JR said nothing regarding his willingness. That's simply what you want this to be about instead of retracting a slight error.

Because if they say fidelity is vital to a marriage but won't commit to it I can question whether they really mean it and whether they're the person to have the debate with on the point.
Now you're being deliberately divisive. Holding his feet to the fire over his willingness on topic might be fine; this is just inflammatory.

Learn to deal with your fallacious approach instead of provoking people.

I think killing children is unconscionable. Before or after they're born. But I'm in the minority on that one. So be it.

Good. Then you should oppose the system of the US that has led to six year olds being charged with murder. Our idea is to make the everyday slayings we read about to be shocking and the possibility of a child being charged literally unthinkable.

However, instead of a sensible discussion, we have to listen to pro-aborts lecture us over purely hypothetical and largely impossible scenarios. Pro-aborts. You know, the type who will say anything to keep child killing legal. That's who you're siding with.

genuineoriginal

False dichotomy, executing them or releasing them are not the only two options. Life without parole protects those innocents just as well while protecting the state from the crime of executing the innocent.
Life without parole is a bad idea.

8 Jarring Facts That Every American Needs to Know About Our Prison System

1. The population of those in prison and jail would be the fourth largest city in America.
2. The prison population has increased 400% since the Reagan presidency.
3. Over 3,000 prisoners are serving life without parole for nonviolent crimes.
4. The incarceration rate of black men in the U.S. dwarfs even that of South Africa under apartheid.
5. The U.S. spends far more imprisoning its citizens than educating them.
6. A massive drop in the crime rate did not slow the pace of mass incarceration.
7. Over two thirds of people who leave prison will return
8. In 17 states, prisons are filled beyond capacity.

All justice systems will have some guilty who fail to be convicted. If too many are failing to be convicted that is a problem with your process not how you are punishing them in the end.
You seem to like the idea of just imprisoning everyone.
It is better to reduce the crime rate than to increase the conviction rate.

genuineoriginal

Yet the states that do not a death penalty, have a lower murder rate, this does not support this position. We should see the opposite.
What do we actually see?
Washington DC has the highest murder rate and does not have the death penalty.
West Virginia without the death penalty has a higher murder rate than Virginia with the death penalty.
New Hampshire with the death penalty and Vermont without the death penalty are tied for the lowest murder rate.

Spoiler
5ab02eaccc502928008b4d28-960-720.png

mEDZk.png

genuineoriginal

That's interesting. Yet, rulers are a terror to good works. We see it over and over and over in the Bible and thruout history. So obviously there is alot more than just whipping out the ole Romans 13 schtict.

So, should I induce from your quotation of Romans 13 that Paul and the Apostles did something bad in order for them to get killed?

Proverbs 29:2
2 When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.​