Shopper flaunting his gun in checkout line shoots himself in the groin

eider

You're still making no sense.

What did THIS mean?

Again:
Who is "telling countries" something?

How does one "tell a country" something?

What are "some countries" being told?

Never mind..........
If you didn't get the point the first time maybe it's better if you don't think too hard about any of it now........ eh?

eider

De-funding the police!

You can't fix stupid!

The Thread is about a gun-nut who produced a pistol in a retail checkout queue and then shot himself through the groin and upper leg.
You can fix this kind of stupid, because if he can't or won't get through 'Training, Testing, Field Training, Licencing, Gun Insurance, Home security visit, Mandatory gun safes, Spot visits, Criminal record checks, Psychological profiling' then he won't get a gun legally, and folks who are found with illegal guns should have the 'book' chucked at them, imo.

The OP didn't mention anything about Policing, and nor did I.
:idunno:

Jerry Shugart

The OP didn't mention anything about Policing, and nor did I.

Are you not aware that some of the things you mentioned here involve the police:

Training, Testing, Field Training, Licencing, Gun Insurance, Home security visit, Mandatory gun safes, Spot visits, Criminal record checks, Psychological profiling.

De-fund the police!

You can't fix stupid!

eider

Are you not aware that some of the things you mentioned here involve the police:

De-fund the police!

You can't fix stupid!

No I did not!
The only part of this thread that has involved the police is that they have carried out an investigation in to this gun accident and may eventually arrest the injured gun-nut for endangering the lives of other people...... and he didn't have a licence to carry that pistol 'concealed'.
Just read what I've written, eh?

eider

I quoted what you wrote. Do you not think that some of the things you mentioned do not involve the police? You must think that de-funding the police is a good idea.

You can't fix stupid!

What gives you the impression that I would believe in defunding the police?
Let's find out.
Now just quote anything that I have written anywhere that suggests this.

This idea you've got (above) is just stupid.

Gary K

Banned
Yes, you can.

Training, Testing, Field Training, Licencing, Gun Insurance, Home security visit, Mandatory gun safes, Spot visits, Criminal record checks, Psychological profiling.

Yeah, government regulation. Guess you've never heard of personal responsibility.

What works is families being armed from the get to so that kids grow up handling weapons under the supervision of their parents generation by generation. Then handling guns safely becomes instinctive. A kid who grows up using weapons knows the possible dangers and treats them with respect. Been there done that. I grew up with a 22 rifle and pistol. It taught me that a gun is a tool. Nothing more and nothing less, and how to use that tool safely. Just like a kid who uses other power tools growing up learns their hazards and uses. You know, you learn early that you don't do something stupid like welding on a gas tank that hasn't been thoroughly cleaned out. Or that a powerful drill needs to be handled with respect and caution so you don't break your hands, wrists, and forearms. Or that a jack must be used safely so you don't kill yourself by dropping your car on yourself by stupid jack usage. You learn to look forward for possible dangers. No training can replace a person's ability to think learned early on by allowing them to learn their own role of responsibility in staying out of stupid irresponsible actions and situations. To not act like the fool at the start of this thread.

Instead of stupid government regulations denying usage and familiarity you let kids learn responsible use early in life. In doing so you increase the size of a nation's skilled work force and make the entire nation more competitive and more economically viable.

I can't believe how stupid so many kids are today because they have never been allowed to work and learn. I was around the logging industry, one of the most dangerous occupations, from a very young age and I learned to recognize dangers and how to avoid them. I used power tools early in life. I worked around machinery early in life. I worked around tractors, dozers, trucks, etc.... I never got hurt because I started early and learned that you just can't be stupid and irresponsible. You have to be responsible and careful.

This idea that only government can keep a person safe is one of the most dangerous ideas around. It leads straight to totalitarianism.

Right Divider

Body part
Never mind..........
If you didn't get the point the first time maybe it's better if you don't think too hard about any of it now........ eh?

Perhaps if you could actually communicate... that would be great.

I will freely admit that I do have difficulty understanding rank stupidity.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What gives you the impression that I would believe in defunding the police?
Let's find out.
Now just quote anything that I have written anywhere that suggests this.

This idea you've got (above) is just stupid.

Being that you are in the UK, you may not have to deal with The Thugs in Blue. Considering the ongoing racism and abuse that happens in the US, I would be open to defunding them.

Right Divider

Body part
Being that you are in the UK, you may not have to deal with The Thugs in Blue. Considering the ongoing racism and abuse that happens in the US, I would be open to defunding them.

What an extreme position. The facts say otherwise. But, of course, the MSM paints a terrible picture of police that is not completely accurate.

Right Divider

Body part
Well, why is it that you have so many licences rules and laws, eh??

Chuck them all away and just have ffreeloader 'responsibility'!

Daft!

There are laws against murder... yet we still have murder.
There are laws against theft... yet we still have theft.
There are laws against rape... yet we still have rape.

etc. etc. etc.

Get the picture?

Probably not.

eider

I quoted what you wrote. Do you not think that some of the things you mentioned do not involve the police? You must think that de-funding the police is a good idea.

You can't fix stupid!

There you go again.
Now just why would I think that police definding is good?

Come on..... Tell me what I think...... You a medium or something?

eider

Hi Rusha....
I wouldn't defund law enforcement, I would put funds in to it. But I would support a total shakeup right through, starting with the induction, training, field training and supervision of all.
And I would get rid of bad trainers, field trainers and bosses.

Another thing...... because the place is chock full of guns and gun nuts it's obvious that police are constantly up tight with the continuous stress, trauma and worry that packs in to their work. They need high quality counselling, training reviews and leadership.

It costs money to clean out a bad system.

eider

Perhaps if you could actually communicate... that would be great.

I will freely admit that I do have difficulty understanding rank stupidity.

You insulting member!!
What makes you think I would bother to talk with you?
To talk like that is just daft, yet you think you're so bright. Weird.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
You insulting member!!
What makes you think I would bother to talk with you?
To talk like that is just daft, yet you think you're so bright. Weird.
I am responsible to prepare for any threat to my life or limb (and that of my family). You aren't. I have the right to prepare in the best way that I know how. If that means guns, then I have a right to guns. You offer no solutions, you only want to infringe my right to prepare to defend my life or that of my family.