Shopper flaunting his gun in checkout line shoots himself in the groin

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Shopper flaunting his gun in checkout line shoots himself in the groin, Oregon cops say

A man showing off his gun to a friend accidentally shot himself in the groin and leg, Oregon police said.

Lincoln City Police said in a Monday news release that Nicholas Ellingford, a 29-year-old from Lincoln City, Oregon, shot himself Sunday at a supermarket.

“Investigation revealed that Ellingford was inside the store and as he was waiting in the checkout line, he un-holstered a Glock 9mm semi-automatic pistol from his waistband so that he could show it off to a friend,” police said in the news release.

Ellingford reportedly was holding the gun near the front of his pants when he accidentally pulled the trigger, police said.

“The bullet entered into Ellingford’s groin area before exiting out the lower thigh of his leg, narrowly missing his femoral artery,” Lincoln City police said.

Officials at the store administered first aid before medics arrived, according to the news release. He was then life-flighted to a hospital in Portland, police said.

His condition was not known.

“No one else was injured in this incident,” police said. “However a criminal investigation is ongoing, as Ellingford did not have a concealed handgun license and his act was found to be reckless since it placed several people in danger.”

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Glock guys completely disagree but this is one of the distinct risks with them, due to the absence of something like a thumb safety

eider

What an idiot.

Must be a nutcase.......
I'll bet he had no training, no licence, no gun-insurance, etc, and to produce a pistol in a retail premises..... at the checkouts (!).

There must be many thousands of gun accidents each year, many times more injuries than gun killings each day.

Gary K

Banned
If we deeply research this guy we'll find out he's a recent college graduate coming out of a leftist university and deeply committed to marxism. No conservative would actually be that stupid as they have grown up around guns so they know how to handle them and guns are not a novelty to them which would cause them to brag, display, and handle guns irresponsibly. A lifetime of gun handling makes for responsible gun ownership and handling. A lifetime of not being around guns causes stupid behavior like this example.

Sorry, you just damaged your own position with this example. It just shows how little real thinking goes into the anti 2nd amendment mind set. That only government regulation can make guns safe is stupid idea. When has government regulation ever improved a situation. Example: government regulation of forests has destroyed our forests. It is responsible for flooding, greatly increased soil erosion, job losses, and unstoppable forest fires. In other words, massive destruction of the environment.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sorry, you just damaged your own position with this example. It just shows how little real thinking goes into the MAGA mindset.

If we deeply research this guy we'll find out he was a three percenter and deeply committed RWNJ NRA supporter. His facebook page has photos of him posing with weapons (but he's got his middle finger out so I don't want to post it here but here's a link - along a fish he caught with the caption "I am the NRA" and an anti-BLM meme, among others).

More than a few conservatives are that stupid with guns, to say "no conservative" is to back yourself into a corner because it's an overstatement of epic proportions. :chuckle:

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Arguments about rights ought to be based on self-evidence and on principles, not on outcomes or consequences. Consequences can bolster an argument about rights, but it can't form the base of the argument because that ought to be self-evident ideas. Rights that are based on outcomes are not rights at all.

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite liberal thinkers, Ronald Dworkin: "...it would be wrong to punish an innocent man as a hostage even if to do so would in fact reduce crime." That is a consequentialist argument.

Glock guys completely disagree but this is one of the distinct risks with them, due to the absence of something like a thumb safety

You can add a cross-bolt trigger without the necessity of a gunsmith. For my Glocks, I use a Sliderlock so in effect, they have four safeties instead of the factory Glock's three. But I don't expect an anti-2nd Amendment person to know anything about guns.

eider

Sorry, you just damaged your own position with this example. It just shows how little real thinking goes into the MAGA mindset.

If we deeply research this guy we'll find out he was a three percenter and deeply committed RWNJ NRA supporter. His facebook page has photos of him posing with weapons (but he's got his middle finger out so I don't want to post it here but here's a link - along a fish he caught with the caption "I am the NRA" and an anti-BLM meme, among others).

More than a few conservatives are that stupid with guns, to say "no conservative" is to back yourself into a corner because it's an overstatement of epic proportions. :chuckle:
Excellent post..... :)
Thanks for that info......... it's just amazing, how the tribal-right can blame anything and everything upon........... THEM LEFTISTS! :chuckle:

The trigger system and its variants are commonly used by police, NATO, and militaries around the world. Why don't we ban all cars because someone drinks and drives!!! All swimming pools because some child drowns!!!

eider

You can add a cross-bolt trigger without the necessity of a gunsmith. For my Glocks, I use a Sliderlock so in effect, they have four safeties instead of the factory Glock's three. But I don't expect an anti-2nd Amendment person to know anything about guns.

The best safety on any gun is effective safety training. True?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So now MAGA is NOT directly associated with Trump?

Of course it is, MAGA is his base.

So when you say MAGA... I should not assume that you are talking about Trump?

You should look at it in the context of how I said it. I was obviously talking here about the MAGA base mentality, not their dear leader personally.

You can't fix stupid.

He's finding that out, I'm sure.