Shooting at SC Church During Bible Study - Suspect still at large

Granite

Hall of Fame
How much do you want to bet that Nazaroo and his ilk will soon claim this as a false flag government conspiracy to ignite a race war and confiscate our guns?

:doh:

Yep, that's just a matter of time.

(Kinda creepy how Mansonesque that scenario is.)

Tinark

The gunman went to the church and asked for the pastor, the Rev. Clementa C. Pinckney, and sat among parishoners during a Bible study meeting, a survivor later told one of Pinckney's cousins.

He then opened fire on the gathering.

"At the conclusion of the Bible study, from what I understand, they just start hearing loud noises ringing out," cousin Sylvia Johnson told NBC affiliate WIS-TV, "and he had already wounded — the suspect already wounded a couple of individuals."

She said one of those people was Pinckney, a 41-year-old married father of two and Democratic member of the state Senate.

The female survivor told Johnson that the gunman reloaded five different times and that her son was trying to "talk him out of doing the act of killing people."

But he wouldn't listen, she said.

"You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go," the shooter told the group, according to the survivor's account to Johnson.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ch...shooting-suspect-dylann-roof-captured-n377546

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The best way to do that is to practice justice. People go crazy because they live in an unjust world.

This is why we have the death penalty. :up:

Research and honest data tells us that chemical imbalances as well as early family dynamics play a part. The injustice, in my opinion, manifests in the way they are treated.

If these people were kept alive without parole and studied and interviewed by professionals, the death penalty would no longer be necessary because there is a chance at future identification and prevention.

Besides, I am pro-life regarding killing anyone. Including abortion.
But the other side of the coin is that I understand why murder happens. It comes from good intentions that are expressed in evil ways.

I also recognize that many fundamentalist dismiss science and academic research. But in this case I think that reaction is vastly misinformed. It is folly in my view.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Research and honest data tells us that chemical imbalances as well as early family dynamics play a part. The injustice, in my opinion, manifests in the way they are treated.
A lifetime of paid accommodation and entertainment? Yep, that's injustice.

If these people were kept alive without parole and studied and interviewed by professionals, the death penalty would no longer be necessary because there is a chance at future identification and prevention.
Costs too much and does nothing but bring more of the same and worse. Rocks are the answer. :up:

Besides, I am pro-life regarding killing anyone. Including abortion.
Nope. You're a liar.

You advocate killing babies whose fathers are criminals.
But the other side of the coin is that I understand why murder happens. It comes from good intentions that are expressed in evil ways.
You think this guy's intentions were good going into a church with a weapon?

Seriously?

:plain:

I also recognize that many fundamentalist dismiss science and academic research. But in this case I think that reaction is vastly misinformed. It is folly in my view.
Reality shows that your ideals have led us to where we are today. It is your system of removing guns, removing the death penalty and focussing on "feelings" that has led to the epidemic of crime we see.

Yet you want to press on; insisting that salvation is just over the hill.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Restricting the availability of guns...

Guns are a plague on society.

Obama: America Must Come To "Grips" With Gun Violence "Collectively"
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...come-to-grips-with-gun-violence-collectively/

quote-you-never-let-a-serious-crisis-go-to-waste-and-what-i-mean-by-that-it-s-an-opportunity-to-do-rahm-emanuel-57656.jpg

Keep trying boyz, you'll steal yet another God-given right from American's someday.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Maybe the alternative should start with not settling for the cruel, grotesque, twisted, violent, heartsick, vigilante-cowboy-macho-armchair-Rambo awash-with-guns culture we've pretty much settled for. We can start there. This isn't good enough. What we're doing doesn't work. It hasn't for a while. Throwing more guns at our problem with guns solves nothing. Achieves nothing. Fixes nothing.

I for one am sick to death of people pouncing on the latest massacre--because we have so many they just blend together at this rate--and using it as an excuse to bang the drum for more damn guns. I'm sick and fed up. Sometimes I feel like being an American makes me a member of a death cult by default.

If we want to fix this we need to start demanding better than just one more stupid gun into the mix.

your profile descriptions say - gun owner - and - live free or die -

Alate_One

The only sensible means by which this case might have been avoided, and you want more stringent legislation against it.
Sensible meaning, supported by anecdotes and wishful thinking?

Are you committing a hate crime?
Huh?

Like to stop a murderer?
Like for a child to kill his mother, like a person to shoot himself in the foot, like someone to shoot someone through the door and call it self defense?

There are far more stories like I listed above than mass murder stopping.

In 2010 for every justifiable homicide in the United States involving a gun, guns were used in 36 criminal homicides.
For the five-year period 2006 through 2010, for every justifiable homicide in the United States involving a gun, guns
were used in 44 criminal homicides. [For additional information see Table Two: Circumstances for Homicides by
Firearm, 2006–2010.]

Source

To begin with, having a gun in the home is a risk factor for serious accidental injury and death. As Hemenway points out, death certificate data indicate that 680 Americans were killed accidentally with guns each year between 2003 and 2007. Half those victims were under the age of 25.

Children aged 5 to 14 in the United States are 11 times more likely to die from an accidental gunshot wound than children in other developed countries.

Source

But hey if you were swayed by actual data you wouldn't be spouting this nonsense.

That is what training is for. And if guns were commonplace, it would have been 20 against 1. I'll take those odds over the reality your ideals have created.
Doesn't work that way. My "ideals" haven't created anything. This is the reality the right wing created anyway. Scare tactics and an unassailable NRA.

Nope. The bad guy dies at the start of our "movie." :up:
You declared it therefore it is so, right . . .

Therefore we should not have the option of defending ourselves. :dizzy:

Your logic is terrifying.
Your utter lack of logic is far more distressing. But fortunately you're not in the USA so you can't vote anyway. :chuckle:

Training. You forget that part. Try again. :up:
You think Police don't have training? And they hit 30% of their targets!

HisServant

All those AZ gun wielders at the 2011 Tucson shooting didn't prevent 18 people from getting shot and 6 getting killed. The guy was tackled to the ground, not shot, before he was stopped.

Can you imagine a bunch of people trying to shoot at a maniac shooter running through a crowd? A bunch of stray bullets whizzing by in every direction. Yes, very reassuring.

These guys were trained police officers... one of them was the local polices range and combat training officer. If you think they would shoot any anyone through a crowd you are quite mistaken.

Just the fact that they were there... and they were armed... is a deterrent to anyone trying to come in and shoot us up.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sensible meaning, supported by anecdotes and wishful thinking?
Sensible meaning the only way this crime could have been avoided is if the congregation had been armed.

There's no getting around reality.

Or maybe you truly believe reasoning with the murderer could have worked.

Like for a child to kill his mother, like a person to shoot himself in the foot, like someone to shoot someone through the door and call it self defense?There are far more stories like I listed above than mass murder stopping.
Therefore, something.

You're going to have to come up with an argument one day, rather than constantly appealing to emotion.

In 2010 for every justifiable homicide in the United States involving a gun, guns were used in 36 criminal homicides.For the five-year period 2006 through 2010, for every justifiable homicide in the United States involving a gun, gunswere used in 44 criminal homicides. [For additional information see Table Two: Circumstances for Homicides byFirearm, 2006–2010.]

See what your restrictions have brought about? You want this statistic to weigh even more heavily in favor of the criminals.

To begin with, having a gun in the home is a risk factor for serious accidental injury and death. As Hemenway points out, death certificate data indicate that 680 Americans were killed accidentally with guns each year between 2003 and 2007. Half those victims were under the age of 25. Children aged 5 to 14 in the United States are 11 times more likely to die from an accidental gunshot wound than children in other developed countries.

Therefore, something. :idunno:

But hey if you were swayed by actual data you wouldn't be spouting this nonsense.
Nobody should be swayed by pure data; people should lean toward rational ideas. Give us an argument instead of pretending your emotions should hold sway. :up:

Doesn't work that way. My "ideals" haven't created anything. This is the reality the right wing created anyway. Scare tactics and an unassailable NRA.
In fact you live in a nation where guns are readily available, but gun regulations restrict law-abiding people. And then you complain about gun-related crime.

You declared it therefore it is so, right . . .
Reality, remember? If the congregation had been armed, the bad guy might have gotten of three, maybe four shots before he was dead. And remember that stuff you were saying about how hard it is to aim? Thirty percent stuff? If it had been 20 armed people against him, he would have died at the start of the "movie" and taken maybe one other person with him. Not nine.

And in my society, he wouldn't have even tried, knowing he would have died.

Your utter lack of logic is far more distressing. But fortunately you're not in the USA so you can't vote anyway. :chuckle:
When you've got a rational point to share, feel free to deliver it. :up:

Sure. But being a gun owner doesn't mean you need to be or should be an irresponsible strutting idiot. And I see an awful lot of that these days.
:yawn: Granite whining about attitudes he doesn't like again instead of advocating justice.

Last edited:

rougueone

Another event in my country where I find myself without words. Grieving (again) for those killed, their families, and this country.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Obama: America Must Come To "Grips" With Gun Violence "Collectively"
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015...come-to-grips-with-gun-violence-collectively/

quote-you-never-let-a-serious-crisis-go-to-waste-and-what-i-mean-by-that-it-s-an-opportunity-to-do-rahm-emanuel-57656.jpg

Keep trying boyz, you'll steal yet another God-given right from American's someday.

You need to know that Emmanuel has learned from the conservatives. When Chile erupted in a dictatorship, Milton Friedman's "the Chicago Boys" were there to move in and establish a free market system. Which failed.

In Hurricane Katrina, private companies and corporations moved in to take economic control of social services and education.

This is called "Disaster Capitalism." The opportunists and the moneyed interests move in and destroy what was there.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
These guys were trained police officers... one of them was the local polices range and combat training officer. If you think they would shoot any anyone through a crowd you are quite mistaken.

Do yourself a favor. Google "bystanders hit by police fire."

Word based mystic

rwanda and thousands of other examples disprove the gun nazi's ideas that taking away a gun will eliminate violence.

the nazi propaganda of no guns but only the nazi party membrers scored one for mass murder.

what is the first thing you wish for if someone pulls a weapon in the area of your family.

an equal or bigger weapon.

www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/

not far from me is kennesaw georgia where homeowners are required by law to own a gun.

see the amazing crime stats in kennesaw.