SABBATH KEEPING

God's Truth

Continue to deny scripture all that you want.

I do no such thing.

It doesn't matter any more about Jews and Gentiles. All are the same to God.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Romans 3:9
What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin.

Romans 11:31
so they too have now disobeyed, in order that they too may now receive mercy through the mercy shown to you.

Galatians 3:22
But the Scripture pronounces all things confined by sin, so that by faith in Jesus Christ the promise might be given to those who believe.

God's Truth

ok so what did the Gentiles need to obey? Hint: Peter claimed there was NO DISTINCTION between them and the Jews...you know like when you said Jews and Gentiles believe and obey the SAME WAY...you said it...

Yahushua:

Water
The Way
The Word
True Vine
Truth
Wonderful Counselor
Prince of Peace
The Door
Resurrection and Life
Supreme Creator
Son of the Most High
Son of Man
Savior
Sacrifice for our sin
Rock
Risen Lord
Redeemer
Prophet
Peace
Our Hope
Mighty One
Messiah
Mediator
Lord of All
Lord of Sabbath
Lion of Judah
Light of the World
Lamb
Judge
Gift
Immanuel
Holy Servent
Head of Church
Great Hight Priest
Good Shephard
Deliverer
Chief Cornerstone
Bridegroom
Bread of Life
Author of our faith
Almighty One
Bronze Snake
Hen with her chicks

nope never a day of the week...

certainly not replacing the seventh day Sabbath

You forgot 'REST'.

You forgot 'The Lord of the Sabbath'.

clefty

You forgot 'REST'.

You forgot 'The Lord of the Sabbath'.

Nope.

He never said He was a week day nor did anyone call Him that.

He said He will give you rest.

We are to enter His rest He provides.

And I did list Lord of the Sabbath

but you miss miss a lot of things...

God's Truth

God's Truth,
re: "You forgot 'The Lord of the Sabbath'."

It's 19th from the bottom..

Clefty wrote it but he doesn't know that the Lord of the Sabbath is the Rest, and the Sabbath day the day of rest was just a shadow of Jesus, and when one is in the Lord, they rest every day, not just once a week on the seventh day. It is why I said he forgot 'Rest'.

It is a long intimate discussion Clefty and I have about the Sabbath.

Clefty doesn't understand that Jesus is our Sabbath Rest and observing special days or not doesn't make us condemned, as he says I am.

God's Truth

Nope.

He never said He was a week day nor did anyone call Him that.

He said He will give you rest.

We are to enter His rest He provides.

And I did list Lord of the Sabbath

but you miss miss a lot of things...

You didn't put Jesus is the Sabbath Rest.

You didn't put Jesus is our Rest.

Jesus is our Rest---you didn't put that, but you did put Lord of the Sabbath.

If a person is in the Lord of the Sabbath---if a person has rest in the Lord of the Sabbath---then it proves the Sabbath day rest was just a shadow of Jesus.

God's Truth

rstrats and clefty ,

To be clearer for the both of you, and any one else, I should have said Clefty didn't put for Jesus that he is 'The Sabbath Rest'.

Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath and he gives us rest, which makes Jesus the Sabbath Rest.

God's Truth

Hebrews 4
A Sabbath-Rest for the People of God

1Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,

“So I declared on oath in my anger,

‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”

And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

6Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,

do not harden your hearts.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

clefty

You didn't put Jesus is the Sabbath Rest.

You didn't put Jesus is our Rest.

Jesus is our Rest---you didn't put that .
because you yours MADE THAT UP...it is NOT in scripture...

If a person is in the Lord of the Sabbath---if a person has rest in the Lord of the Sabbath---then it proves the Sabbath day rest was just a shadow of Jesus.
nope Paul is clear sabbaths ARE a shadow...

if you claim you are in Him...you live as He did...ask John...

you do not have 7 Sabbaths in a week...

He will give you rest...the seventh day Sabbath rest...your reprobate mind really blinds you and no ears to hear...NOT to Him His way but you've gone astray to your own way

clefty

Hebrews 4
A Sabbath-Rest for the People of God

1Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it. 2For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed. 3Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said,

“So I declared on oath in my anger,

‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ”

And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

6Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

“Today, if you hear his voice,

do not harden your hearts.”

8For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 4520: σαββατισμός

σαββατισμός
σαββατισμου
(
σαββατίζω
to keep the sabbath);

1. a keeping sabbath.

there remains a Sabbath KEEPING...a sabbatismos a word JOINING Hebrew and Greek...just LIKE the ONE NEW MAN is...from Jew and Greek JOINED...citizen of Israel...

NOT CHANGING the Sabbath keeping root and trunk by being grafted INTO it...but figs from fig olive from olive and NOT your NEW fruit...olive from fig or fig from grape vine...

God's Truth

He will give you rest...the seventh day Sabbath rest...your reprobate mind really blinds you and no ears to hear...NOT to Him His way but you've gone astray to your own way

Paul says the sabbaths are a shadow.

You go against what God's words say.

Colossians 2:16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

God's Truth

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 4520: σαββατισμός

σαββατισμός
σαββατισμου
(
σαββατίζω
to keep the sabbath);

1. a keeping sabbath.

there remains a Sabbath KEEPING...a sabbatismos a word JOINING Hebrew and Greek...just LIKE the ONE NEW MAN is...from Jew and Greek JOINED...citizen of Israel...

NOT CHANGING the Sabbath keeping root and trunk by being grafted INTO it...but figs from fig olive from olive and NOT your NEW fruit...olive from fig or fig from grape vine...

Why are you going by some man named Mr. Strong?

God's Truth

Are the SABBATH DAYS every week HOLY DAYS TO YOU OR NOT?

clefty

Paul says the sabbaths are a shadow.
HalleluYah...again you catch a glimpse of sanity...yes yes yes...Paul writes sabbaths indeed ARE a shadow...the festivals sabbaths STILL point out good things to come...HalleluYah you are briefly lucid...

You go against what God's words say.
nope it is I who have maintained that Paul wrote sabbaths ARE a shadow...even after the DBR and ascension of Yahushua 40 days 5 weekends and NOTHING about NEW Law...

Colossians 2:16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Because why would Colossians care if the believing Colossians did NOT keep the new moons...they had their own Julian calendar with consecutive days and didnt need the Jewish new moons...

Because why would the Jews care if the believing Colossians did NOT keep the Sabbaths as it was for Jews ONLY right?

INSTEAD

the believing Colossians WERE keeping the new moon calendar and keeping the yearly sabbaths and weekly Sabbath and Paul assured them ONLY the BOC can judge them their keeping of it...

clefty

Why are you going by some man named Mr. Strong?

Cuz he knows greek more better than me...

how come you can’t address the message and focus on what it says...NOT SABBATH REST...but a KEEPING of Sabbath...a Sabbath keeping...

Sabbath of course is rest...there is the weekly seventh day Sabbath and yearly sabbaths...He gives you rest indeed...He however is NOT a day of the week...

clefty

You need to pray for yourself.

I do I do...for long suffering patience wisdom to reach those not only lost but on stony ground with hearts of stone and stiff necks and reprobate hearts...

I do realized not even He reached all He taught...but studying His conflict with those pharisees who like you wish to preserve their own NEW laws I learn much...

just like with you I am always hoping you share with me a new rebellion or unique rejection of Him His way...so far it is pretty typical of most others MAD at the Sabbath claiming “NOT FOR ME”

God's Truth

Cuz he knows greek more better than me...

how come you can’t address the message and focus on what it says...NOT SABBATH REST...but a KEEPING of Sabbath...a Sabbath keeping...

Sabbath of course is rest...there is the weekly seventh day Sabbath and yearly sabbaths...He gives you rest indeed...He however is NOT a day of the week...

We don't need to learn Greek.

God's Truth

I do I do...for long suffering patience wisdom to reach those not only lost but on stony ground with hearts of stone and stiff necks and reprobate hearts...

I do realized not even He reached all He taught...but studying His conflict with those pharisees who like you wish to preserve their own NEW laws I learn much...

just like with you I am always hoping you share with me a new rebellion or unique rejection of Him His way...so far it is pretty typical of most others MAD at the Sabbath claiming “NOT FOR ME”

Are the Sabbath days holy days?