ROMANS 2:1 WILL THE GOOD BE SAVED?

God's Truth

You're the one who's mis-construed the context of Scriptures explaining our 'perfection' in Him; I've not disobeyed God (that I'm aware of), at least: not today!

You need to know it is disobedience to believe and teach falseness.

The Bible says we are made perfect and that we have to live up to that.
We are to work out our salvation; in other words: we are to repent and seek His help with persistent sinful nature. No one is perfect, except The One Who always was, is and always will be perfect.

Jesus’ blood makes us perfect and then we are to live up to that. THAT IS SCRIPTURE.

2 Corinthians 7:1 Since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God.
If we really were 'perfect' as you still seem to be deluded into thinking; we would never have to purify ourselves as all, being perfect and all. You're just not thinking.
You are going against the scriptures that SAY Jesus made us PERFECT and now we have to live up to that.

Colossians 1:28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
When we present those before Him whom we've led into The Kingdom: we'll see them in their perfect condition, because they'll be in the same glorified bodies that we will be in.
Paul is saying that after they are saved and made perfect, they have to live up to it.

Philippians 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. 16Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
We are, indeed, perfect... in spiritual sense.
You are not perfect in any sense if you are not perfect through Christ. Just look at how you talk.

Our spirit-man is in perfect communion with The Father, because of Jesus' Blood. Our flesh is still in a fallen world. We have to bring His enemies into subjection in order to usher in His Kingdom into this world. That hasn't happened yet.

Sounds like you are trying to rewrite the Bible.

Where did you get that we can’t be close to him?
You think of the 12 apostles as being 'above' us. They are human, just like we are.

They helped lay the foundation and GOD TESTIFIED to what they did by allowing them to do MIRACLES.

Hebrews 2:4
God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 6:7 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits.

Matthew 10:1
Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

They are believers. We have the same promises they received, though none of us should look to have a better seat in Heaven than they.
God testified to the one and only gospel by allowing the apostles to do miraculous things.
But He hasn't taken back ANY of His Promises.

God already testified to the gospel. The foundation has been laid.

1 Corinthians 3:11
For no one can lay a foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

You say you are disabled, so no wonder you say untruths about me.
I've never lied about you.

You have lied and continue to lie.

You simply have a darkened understanding. As long as you continue to be un-teachable, you'll carry that darkness to new levels.
More of your learning disability showing when you continue to lie about me and say you aren’t.

You only think that because you're un-learned. Read your Bible. It makes perfect sense, following Scriptural time-lines. Prove otherwise, if you think you're right. Denying a Truth doesn't change anything, other than the fact that you're trying to re-inforce your own position by denial.
The learning disability you said you had is showing.

Aimiel

You need to know it is disobedience to believe and teach falseness.
You need to know that your knowledge falls short in many areas.
Jesus’ blood makes us perfect and then we are to live up to that. THAT IS SCRIPTURE.
Obviously, you still have a darkened understanding. Perfect ONLY in God's Eyes and in our spirit. The rest we have to work out, until we're in glorified bodies.
You are going against the scriptures that SAY Jesus made us PERFECT and now we have to live up to that.
You need... I don't know what you need... probably remedial English classes.
They helped lay the foundation and GOD TESTIFIED to what they did by allowing them to do MIRACLES.

God also testified to it by signs, wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

Mark 6:7 Calling the Twelve to him, he began to send them out two by two and gave them authority over impure spirits.

Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
I don't see the verse that says ONLY the 12 were capable of doing such. Do you know that Paul did miracles, too? Do you think that God has stopped doing anything for us? Do you think that there are no more apostles? … prophets? … pastors? … teachers?
God already testified to the gospel. The foundation has been laid.
No argument there; but He isn't done granting miracles.
You have lied and continue to lie.
That, my friend, is a lie. You have yet to show me where I've lied. Please try to control yourself. You blatantly accuse others of lying, when you're merely in disagreement with Truth.

God's Truth

You need to know that your knowledge falls short in many areas.
Let’s debate it then.

Obviously, you still have a darkened understanding. Perfect ONLY in God's Eyes and in our spirit.
Our spirit and flesh are connected.

The rest we have to work out, until we're in glorified bodies.
The Bible says we are made PERFECT and then have to live up to that.

You need... I don't know what you need... probably remedial English classes.

You said you are learning disabled, and it does show.

I don't see the verse that says ONLY the 12 were capable of doing such.
The scriptures say God allowed them to do miracles and that they helped lay the foundation.

Do you know that Paul did miracles, too? Do you think that God has stopped doing anything for us? Do you think that there are no more apostles? … prophets? … pastors? … teachers?

One of my scriptures to you was about Paul and Barnabas doing miracles. lol

God's Truth

That, my friend, is a lie. You have yet to show me where I've lied. Please try to control yourself. You blatantly accuse others of lying, when you're merely in disagreement with Truth.

If we really were 'perfect' as you still seem to be deluded into thinking;
There is a lie when you say I am deluded into thinking something.

we would never have to purify ourselves as all, being perfect and all. You're just not thinking.

That is another lie about me saying I am not thinking.

I've never lied about you.
That’s a lie.
You simply have a darkened understanding.
That is a lie to say I have darkened understanding.
As long as you continue to be un-teachable, you'll carry that darkness to new levels. You only think that because you're un-learned.
That’s more lies saying I am un teachable and carry darkness to new levels and that I am un learned.

Read your Bible.
Another lie is you saying for me to read my Bible as if I do not.

It makes perfect sense, following Scriptural time-lines. Prove otherwise, if you think you're right. Denying a Truth doesn't change anything, other than the fact that you're trying to re-inforce your own position by denial.
That is more personal attacks and lies from you about me.
Do you want me to show you more personal attacks and lies you have said about me?

l think you're putting words in His Mouth that He never spoke.

It is not true.

Only in your imagination.Your works-based salvation is hooey. .

That is not true either. It is not only in my imagination. There is nothing hooey about obeying Jesus.

Those are untruthful things you said about me in just this thread. Just imagine all the other personal attacks and untruthful things you said about me in the other threads.

Aimiel

There is a lie when you say I am deluded into thinking something.
I can't think of a better way to describe the thought processes that lead you into the darkness you're stymied by.
That is another lie about me saying I am not thinking.
If you were capable of thinking, you'd think about what you write before calling someone a liar who's never lied to you. Besides that: you might want to re-think your short-changed theology that leaves God out in the cold.
That’s a lie.
I don't lie. That makes one of us.
That is a lie to say I have darkened understanding.
Let's call it an educated understatement; while not the least but un-true.
That’s more lies saying I am un teachable and carry darkness to new levels and that I am un learned.
So far, I'd say it's the kindest and most accurate observation made of you, though it is entirely truthful.
Another lie is you saying for me to read my Bible as if I do not.
You demonstrate WAY too much ignorance of scriptural understanding for anyone to think otherwise.
That is more personal attacks and lies from you about me.
I wasn't attacking you; I was merely pointing out your lack of a premise and your pretense at an answer to my argument. It's common practice for those who lack defence for their position of ignorance.
Do you want me to show you more personal attacks and lies you have said about me?
I've asked you for proof of a lie, which you have yet to provide, but, yes... please continue to demonstrate my point for me. :chuckle:
It is not true.
Now you think you can read my mind. I stated what I thought. You say that I'm now lying to you about my own thoughts? You may need to seek qualified psychiatric counselling. :chuckle:
That is not true either. It is not only in my imagination. There is nothing hooey about obeying Jesus.
I never said that there was. I said that your ideas about works-based salvation were dregs.
Those are untruthful things you said about me in just this thread. Just imagine all the other personal attacks and untruthful things you said about me in the other threads.
In other threads, I believe I've been WAY more kind to you than you deserve and will have to draw the line soon, as when someone is this vengeful over nonsense and severe lack of understanding: there's obviously a learning curve that has never been dealt with properly. Would you like some chees with your whine?

Aimiel

You don't need to be insulted, you need to grow up. You need to study and you need some preaching by someone who has understanding, rather than a close-minded idea of Christianity and who teaches people false religion. God doesn't like religion. He came here to create relationships. You don't have one. You need to repent. You need Jesus.

God's Truth

I can't think of a better way to describe the thought processes that lead you into the darkness you're stymied by.
If you were capable of thinking, you'd think about what you write before calling someone a liar who's never lied to you. Besides that: you might want to re-think your short-changed theology that leaves God out in the cold.
I don't lie. That makes one of us.
Let's call it an educated understatement; while not the least but un-true.
So far, I'd say it's the kindest and most accurate observation made of you, though it is entirely truthful.
You demonstrate WAY too much ignorance of scriptural understanding for anyone to think otherwise.
I wasn't attacking you; I was merely pointing out your lack of a premise and your pretense at an answer to my argument. It's common practice for those who lack defence for their position of ignorance.
I've asked you for proof of a lie, which you have yet to provide, but, yes... please continue to demonstrate my point for me.
Now you think you can read my mind. I stated what I thought. You say that I'm now lying to you about my own thoughts? You may need to seek qualified psychiatric counselling.
I never said that there was. I said that your ideas about works-based salvation were dregs.
In other threads, I believe I've been WAY more kind to you than you deserve and will have to draw the line soon, as when someone is this vengeful over nonsense and severe lack of understanding: there's obviously a learning curve that has never been dealt with properly. Would you like some chees with your whine?

When you think you have truth to defend your beliefs, let me know and we can debate. Personal attacks and rudeness has overtaken your posts. People who don't have truth to defend their beliefs usually resort to that.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There are people here who are afraid to say we have to obey to get saved and to stay saved.

They give mixed messages and they contradict themselves.

It is not wrong to obey Jesus.

We have to obey.

What one does not obey, it is sin.

Grace is not that we no longer have to obey God.

The gift is not that we didn't have to qualify for it.
You can’t work for your salvation. It goes against Paul’s gospel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
From the scriptures, I see that the gift, the reward, the inheritance, the treasure, the crown, the promise…it is all eternal life in the kingdom of God.

We only get the gift, the promised Holy Spirit, who cleans us and who reconciles us to God, and who qualifies us to be a child of GOD and who seated us with the Father in heaven, and gives us the crown, the treasure, the inheritance, we only get that IF WE OBEY JESUS.
We were reconciled to God before we were even born you gospel perverter.

Romans 5:9-10 KJV Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

God's Truth

Nope. Our salvation is solely resting upon the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place 2000 years ago!

Hello Heir, long time no see.

I would like to say that Jesus' words are forever and for all.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Isaiah 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--

God's Truth

no such thing as being saved today by what you do or don’t do

Read these scriptures, Jesus tells us that ANYONE who loves him will OBEY and THEN he will live with you.

Paul says the message of salvation is to God-fearing Gentiles.

Paul also says we have to call on Jesus.

We have to have faith.

Paul says we have to die to sins.

He also says Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord MUST TURN AWAY FROM WICKEDNESS.

He says repent and prove our repentance.

So we have to have faith, fear God, obey, call on Jesus, die to sins, confess his name and turn from wickedness, and repent of our sin.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Romans 10:13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

Romans 6:6 For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with,

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “the Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

Acts 26:20First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 15:8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us.

God's Truth

You can’t work for your salvation. It goes against Paul’s gospel.

I gave many scriptures where Paul tells us what to do to get saved.

Paul was worried that the Corinthians didn't repent of their sins and therefore was not saved:

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

God's Truth

We were reconciled to God before we were even born you gospel perverter.

So we were saved before we were born?
Romans 5:9-10 KJV Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Reconciled when enemies or BEFORE we were born?

You said before we were born.

As for being reconciled when we were enemies---that is about the Uncircumcised GENTILES not having to get circumcised before getting saved/reconciled to God.

The Gentiles were enemies of God because they did NOT come into the covenant with God, as was evident by getting circumcised in the flesh.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So we were saved before we were born?

Not what heir said.

She said reconciled, not saved. There's a difference.

Reconciled when enemies or BEFORE we were born?

You said before we were born.

As for being reconciled when we were enemies---that is about the Uncircumcised GENTILES not having to get circumcised before getting saved/reconciled to God.

The Gentiles were enemies of God because they did NOT come into the covenant with God, as was evident by getting circumcised in the flesh.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

We were reconciled to God by Christ's sacrifice.

Do you not know what the word "reconciled" means?