ROMANS 2:1 WILL THE GOOD BE SAVED?

God's Truth

You're an idiot. We weren't the Lord's friends when He went to the cross for us.

Jesus came first for the lost sheep of Israel. He came first for those who already belonged to God by faith.

They were God's, and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

The rest of the Jews were cut off and bound to where the disobedient Gentiles were.

Matthew 1534 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

After Jesus came and taught the WAY to be an heir, which is a relative, and even a relative that is a friend, Jesus diied so ALL could come to him and be that.

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Then all could come to Jesus to be saved---even the cut off Jews that had part in his death---even the Gentiles who were enemies because they didn't obey the commands of God before Jesus and get circumcised.

God's Truth

The formula for us for salvation and a seal is Ephesians 1:13!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Believed what? We have to believe that we have to obey Jesus as Lord.
Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
Matthew 7:21
Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

God's Truth

We don't "enter" any "covenant". We are partakers of Christ BY THE GOSPEL!
We enter the covenant by believing and obeying.
Paul is the minister of the covenant.

Here Paul tells when Jesus made that covenant:

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Here Paul tells how Jesus gave the covenant that was promised a long time ago when God said He would write the new law on our hearts:

2 Corinthians 3:3 It is clear that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Paul is explaining that HE COULD NOT CHANGE THE COVENANT, which further proves Paul taught exactly what Jesus taught when he walked the earth:

Galatians 3:15 Brothers, let me put this in human terms. Even a human covenant, once it is ratified, cannot be canceled or amended.

When Jesus was on earth, he made the testament/covenant conditions, and then he died for the testament and covenant, rose again, and ascended.

Jesus couldn't come and make a different gospel/covenant with Paul because this is the one and only everlasting covenant of his blood.

Hebrews 13:20 Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep,

Covenants must be followed exactly. Last wills and testaments must be followed exactly. Last wills and testaments tell us who gets in the will and what they will get.
Jesus walked the earth and he gave the conditions to enter the covenant. Jesus walked the earth and he gave the conditions to for his Last Will and Testament.

Paul didn't give another gospel/testament/covenant! He was a minister of the same one and only covenant that Jesus made with his blood.

God's Truth

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

And again, the formula for our salvation is Ephesians 1:13! No work on our part is involved!

No work is the PURIFICATION WORKS the Jews used to have to do to get saved.
Jesus says no more works by bringing animal sacrifices, he is the last sacrifice.

God's Truth

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!
That is what I do.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have to do what Jesus says to do in order to get saved.

Jesus tells us how to become an heir, a disciple, a relative, and a friend.

This is what he says how to be blessed as a disciple, a mother or sister or brother, this is how to be a friend---

Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Matthew 12:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

John 15:14 You are my friends if you do what I command.

We must obey Scripture.

​​​​​​ [h=1]Romans 10:9-10 English Standard Version (ESV)[/h]
9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

God's Truth

We must obey Scripture.

​​​​​​ Romans 10:9-10 English Standard Version (ESV)

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Jesus didn't say just believe and do nothing else.

He says believe AND OBEY.

Even the demons believe and do something, they shudder.

James 2

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.