rocketmans SPOTD 4/6/12

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
S0Z0 really throws down some great words here concerning how God sees sin in general (not just homosexuality) , and what our reaction as Christians should be to it. So for those of you that judge S0Z0 because you do not agree with his rather direct approach, try reading his words for a change, you might just learn something. Very Good Post S0Z0! :first:

I believe that the Bible defines homosexual behavior as the apex of evil (Romans 1). It is the outward evidence of man's rejection of God.

No one who is in Christ would believe or teach that homosexual behavior is an acceptable behavior (that it is not a sin or immoral).

Jesus is God, and God has never condoned any sin as acceptable. He never will.

However, it does not take the most egregious sin to bring death. Adam's disobedience was simply eating from a tree he was told not to eat from (though the reason goes deeper). As we know, the sin of Adam brought death to all men, and the evidence that all men are dead is that all men sin.

Jesus came to give us life.

Those who have received His life, know full well that in them dwells no good thing (that is, in their flesh). Paul no longer was under condemnation for practicing the very evil he did not wish to practice. Paul did not forget that he practiced coveting. He was forever aware that he was sold into bondage to sin, and that he could not do what he wanted to do. Paul never stopped coveting, and if God held this to his account, Paul would have never been free from the law of sin and of death. However, as we know, Paul was set free from that which condemned him, having now been crucified with Christ and having been raised to new life.

A person who was a homosexual, but has been washed , has been sanctified, and has been justified in Christ and by the Spirit of God, is no longer under condemnation for having practiced evil, and like Paul has been crucified with Christ, and raised to new life.

1 Cor 6:9-11
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Paul follows this statement immediately by declaring...

All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication, but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power. Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. What? Know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? For two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Paul tells those who once practiced evil, that though they are no longer under the law that condemns them, and that all things have become lawful for them, not all things are profitable or expedient. Continuing to practice immoral behavior such as fornication or homosexuality is unprofitable behavior. Paul reasons with them as to how those who do such thing sin against their own body ( the self-righteous won't get Paul's point here, and think that Paul is saying that if they do those things now they are sinning, when in fact he is simply making the point of how it is a sin).

Paul never stopped coveting (practicing evil), but he was no longer under the condemnation of it. However, Paul refrained from practicing those behaviors associated with his coveting because it was profitable to do so. He did not want to reap the consequences associated with evil behavior. In fact, Paul spells out to the Body of Christ the importance of abstaining from evil behavior in Romans 13, because God has given us authorities to punish those who practice it.

For those of us who have children (we have 8) you know that your children sometimes do those things that they are not permitted to do (you, as parents, are their authority). When they do what they should not do, it does not bring them condemnation from God (if they are in Christ), but it does bring them discipline or punishment from you. It is supposed to be the same principle in the country, state, or town where a person lives, as well as in a school, business, or church. Paul gives plenty of instruction on disciplining those in the church who practice evil behavior. However, evil men (who claim to be "Christians", but are in fact, just religious and self-righteous), attempt to bring those who should be disciplined for evil behavior back under condemnation with God.

No Christian would ever refer to homosexual behavior as acceptable behavior. He, like Paul, would see himself as practicing the very evil he does not wish. Refraining from this behavior takes discipline, just as it did for Paul to not be mastered by his coveting. It is also evil behavior when authorities remove punishment from those who practice homosexual behavior, abortion, etc., because it not only removes the fear factor, but takes away the purpose and intent of the Law to condemn so that men will turn to Jesus to be set free.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One of many reasons I love S0Z0. He speaks the truth without trying to sugar-coat it.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
S0Z0 really throws down some great words here concerning how God sees sin in general (not just homosexuality) , and what our reaction as Christians should be to it. So for those of you that judge S0Z0 because you do not agree with his rather direct approach, try reading his words for a change, you might just learn something. Very Good Post S0Z0! :first:
Right On, rocket! I saved that one. Thanks to SOZO for posting it!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I love it when you clear away the clutter of personal distraction and get down to message. Very clearly set out and excellently done. :e4e:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SOZO gives us diamonds when we are surrounded by thieves who would steal the truth from us.

Excellent wisdom. I enjoy reading his posts very much.