Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

clefty

In Luke 19, Christ speaks of all Jerusalem left with no stone upon another, not just one obliterated structure. Go away while adults are talking.

City destroyed temple destroyed...you’d think the message was clear that we are temples serving as priests in spirit and truth and we are NOT in need of helping to raise another temple to One Who was quite clear He didn’t need one made with human hands...WHO DID NOT EVEN WANT THE FIRST ONE...

but warrior nationalist David was so embarrassed his house was nicer than the One he worshipped that he insisted...he was going to build the biggest richest fanciest...house of prayer for ALL nations that all nations had ever seen...

Well that turned into a project that bankrupted Israel so badly the jews began to charge huuuge taxes on their fellow brothers of Israel to worship at Jerusalem

So much for “My house of prayer for ALL nations” not even Israel could afford it...

Poor Israel decided to make new places to worship for themselves...and that of course is idolatry...poor national Israel was destroyed forever...cuz of jews

Second temple not so grand even the most holy place empty...NO GLORY

But the money changing started up again...no surprise there that

Yup the GLORY of Israel was NOT as the disciples expected when they expected it for the reason they expected it even after He was resurrected...

I don’t blame them...just imagine...they have a king that can produce bread, walk on water, heal sick/wounded, raise the dead Himself even...”seriously!” thought Peter the zealot “now we can seriously kick some serious Roman butt!” And pew pew pew muh guns for Zion...as if it were a video game with reset buttons

Instead that attitude exactly devastated jerusalem and its temple...

But yes carry on...yes yes...adults are talking but not just mere adults big shot...hot shot adults mighty men of valor...scheming and plotting and supplanting His... all while drunk on fornication/blood of His people...and blind to spiritual truth...wondering after the beast his abomination of desolation

Yes carry on if you must...happily His children flee the evil and pray it doesn’t have to happen on Sabbath...

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Nowhere in the Bible is the temple referred to as "thee" or otherwise personalized.

Jerusalem, however, is.

b62.jpg

Rosenritter

Not at all. It's called requiring substantiation. Musty is making a claim that the entire city of Jerusalem is specified in Luke 19.
It is he who is stacking that deck. Here is his claim.

Because Jesus specifies "in thee".

Matt 24:1-2KJV, Mar 13:1-2KJV, Luke 21:5-6KJV all specify the temple within the city as the key element.

This aligns with God's warning in 1Kings 9:7KJV

Doesn't it also state right after that passage that he then entered the temple? It doesn't take much imagination to see that he could have been looking at or gesturing to the temple or even on its steps when he said "they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another" which also brings the statement into tight agreement with the other three gospel locations.

Luke 19:44-45 KJV
(44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
(45) And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:doh:

the stupid, it hurts :dizzy:

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

it, thou, thy, thine, thee - all referring to the city - the structures and the people

john w

Hall of Fame
City destroyed temple destroyed...you’d think the message was clear that we are temples serving as priests in spirit and truth and we are NOT in need of helping to raise another temple to One Who was quite clear He didn’t need one made with human hands...WHO DID NOT EVEN WANT THE FIRST ONE...

Acts 17:24 KJV-the context..

Consider the context, and what cometh before, and after, and to whom written, and why:

Act 7 KJV

48 KJV Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?"

Do not ignore what was before said, and to whom it was addressed, and why.

Acts 7:44-46

The context:Here Stephen is making it very clear to the Sanhedrin that it is fatal to ignore the facts pertaining to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 7 KJV
44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;46Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.

The religious leaders of the Jews knew about the tabernacle- this was, and is basic history to the Hebrews. But did they know what it was, and why it was there? Stephen is addressing these questions in his argument(reasons for a conclusion) to them, and testifying to the authenticity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The tabernacle was a witness. And to what?The first thought is that It was a witness of the LORD God, for He abode in the holy Place. To king David, the LORD God spoke through the prophet- 2 Samuel 7:6 KJV:

"Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle."

Thus, the tabernacle was a witness of the LORD God, and to the LORD God, but that is not all. In Acts 7:44 KJV the LORD God told His servant Moses

"that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen."

The LORD God showed Moses "the real deal":

"And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount."-Exodus 25:40 KJV

"Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount." Hebrews 8:5 KJV

The tabernacle was to be a type, or a picture/symbol/pattern. Of what or who is it a type? The Lord Jesus Christ. For eg., the altar is a picture of the cross, and the shed blood of the new covenant. The "mercy seat" is the propitiation referred to in Romans 3:25 KJV- for our sins. And hence, this gives meaning to the Saviour's words, speaking of the OT in its entirety- "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me"(John 5:39 KJV).

The tabernacle was the center of worship for the Jews under the law of Moses. They could not approach a holy LORD God in any other place, for the LORD God was there in it. He showed this to the Israelites ,even while they were in the wilderness, by revealing Himself as a cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night. The glory of God was present with them:

"So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night." Numbers 9:16 KJV

Moving forward in time, after the temple was built, the Jews had to go to Jerusalem to worship-no choice. And hence, the Lord Jesus Christ, at eight days old,is taken to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord, per Luke 2:22 KJV. Later, at age 12, He goes to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast of the Passover. Thus, they could not worship the LORD God anywhere else. The LORD God was there in the tabernacle. He was there later in the temple. Even those Jews, and proselytes, who were "afar off"(Acts 2:39 KJV), from foreign lands made the pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the feast days, as was true at the time of Pentecost. Survey Acts 2:5 KJV:

"And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven."

The tabernacle was the center of the LORD God's dealing with His people; but was only a type, or picture, or pattern, of "the real deal." It's intent was to direct God's chosen people to the Lord Jesus Christ(Gal. 3:24 KJV)

The tabernacle was a witness of the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, and Stephen's mission was to open the blind Sanhedrin's eyes.

For forty years the Hebrews carried the tabernacle across the wilderness, and finally under Joshua's leadership(another type of the Lord Jesus Christ), it was brought into the promised Land. Joshua, a deliverer, brought the entire nation into the land, and drove out the pagan inhabitants. The Lord Jesus Christ, as the anti-type,will again deliver the Jews from all their enemies, and give to them a promised land, the kingdom of heaven on earth.

Acts 7:45 KJV gives the credit of this deliverance to the LORD God, and without the tabernacle, He would not have been present with them to perform such an act. But they did not understand the purpose of the tabernacle. They were to put their faith in the one who commanded them to build the tabernacle, the one Who lived in the tabernacle, and not in the physical box itself. This is where they did "error." They took more pride in the physical structure, than the one who commanded it. As an example- the 12 in Matthew 24:1 KJV came to the Lord Jesus Christ, to point out to Him the buildings of the temple. They had the LORD God Himself with them, and yet they were lusting/glorying in the man-made structure. And hence, the context of Acts 7:48-49 KJV...

"the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands;...... what house will ye build me? "

The Lord Jesus Christ tells the 12, in Matthew 24:2 KJV :

"And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

They were clueless here.

Today, obviously, there is no temple in Jerusalem, or anywhere else in the world. Are we to conclude then, that the LORD God is inaccessible? Under the law, they could only contact the LORD God in the tabernacle, or in the temple. In this present dispensation, we don't need the temple, because we do have "the real deal." We need not desire a type/pattern/ picture, since the Christ lives in our hearts. All earthly buildings are temporary and no structure made on this earth will last forever. If a building lasts for a couple of hundred years, it is a precious heritage- but still temporary. Did the Sanhedrin realize that the temple in Jerusalem was temporary? Had they stopped to consider that this was the third temple built by Israel? Solomon's temple lasted until the captivity. Then Ezra built it again after the Babylonian exile. The one in the four "gospels", and Acts is called Herod's temple-it took 46 years to build. The LORD God appointed, and approved the temple, but the Jews misunderstood, and misinterpreted its reality and purpose.

Stephen sought to direct the attention of the Sanhedrin to the reality of the temple, in that it totally pointed to the coming Messiah, the Christ, the LORD Jesus Christ-their Messiah/Christ. They were performing the fatal act of blotting Him out of their minds-the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit..

Acts 7:47-50 KJV-the context

Where is the LORD God? Where does He live? The religious leaders of the Jews had a false hope. They had a beautiful temple, made exactly like Solomon's temple. They were confident that the LORD God was with them, dwelling in the temple in the holy of holies. Wrong assumption on their part-Stephen's argument...

"But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?Hath not my hand made all these things?"

Solomon, David's Son, built the great temple in the city of David, Jerusalem. At the time of the dedication of that temple, after the king prayed, 2 Chr. 5:14 KJV says...

"... for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."

The LORD God commanded Israel to build a sanctuary. There, He could meet with them. The structure was made with hands, and that was the place, the only place, they might approach the holy LORD God.

So, the context of Stephen's "the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands"?

How could the LORD God of creation, the vast universe,the one who filleth all in all, be confined to such a small space? Speaking about the temple, Solomon said in 1 Kings 8:27....

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?"

How then, could one think that temple,"made with hands," would contain Him? The temple in Jerusalem was called God's house, even by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise." John 2:16 KJV

If the LORD God did not dwell there, how could it be called His house? It was the place in which God chose to meet with His people, as was the demand of the law of Moses. So, at the time of Acts, the glory of God was not filling the temple in Jerusalem. First, consider when the temple was rebuilt. In the book of Ezra ,where He supervised the rebuilding of the temple, there is no mention of the glory of God entering, or dwelling in the temple, as it had both in the Tabernacle in the wilderness and in the temple built by Solomon. The temple which existed in Jerusalem during the Acts period was known as Herod's Temple, and was started in 20 B.C., and completed in 26 A.D. This temple was truly the work of man, "made with hands," and there was no God-given authority to build it.

Another reason that the glory of God did not fill the temple during the Acts period:When the Lord Jesus Christ hung on the cross, the veil of the temple was rent from top to bottom-Matthew 27:51 KJV...

"And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;"

As it was true that the LORD God dwelt in that holy place, and no man could look upon His glory and live, except the priest once each year, then what would have happened to those worshiping in the temple?

At the time the veil was rent, the LORD God ceased to dwell in any temple made with hands. It had been the brain-child of the king de facto, and Stephen goes on to prove this by quoting from the prophet Isaiah, in chapter 66:1 KJV...

"Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

Heaven is the throne of the LORD God, and that is where He dwells now. So why is it that men build a church, a shrine, a holy place, using man's terms and wisdom, and treat it as a dwelling place of God? The Apostle Paul, in his sermon on Mars Hill made a similar statement in Acts 17: 24 KJV, when he said,

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands, Neither is worshipped with men's hands."

Where is God now? God the Father is in the third heaven. The Lord Jesus Christ is in the third heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father (Romans 8:34 KJV). According to Acts 2:34-35 KJV, the Lord Jesus Christ is on the right hand of the Father, until all His foes are made His footstool, and that will be when He returns to set up His millennial kingdom, as King, on earth. And then will the feast of Tabernacles be realized-God with us.

That is the context. The end.

musterion

:doh:

the stupid, it hurts :dizzy:

Luke 19:41 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. 43 For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side, 44 And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

it, thou, thy, thine, thee - all referring to the city - the structures and the people

They're Dunning-Kruger level stupid...so stupid they don't realize they're stupid, and so believe they're smarter than anyone else.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Doesn't it also state right after that passage that he then entered the temple? It doesn't take much imagination to see that he could have been looking at or gesturing to the temple or even on its steps when he said "they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another" which also brings the statement into tight agreement with the other three gospel locations.

Luke 19:44-45 KJV
(44) And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
(45) And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;

I agree. It lends credibility.

But verification must come only from comparing scripture with scripture. Your point about taking the lead from the 3 gospels is important. They are 3 infallible witnesses which agree with each other. Jesus was answering a question about the destruction of the temple.

Musty is still arguing against something no one here ever suggested. But, that comes with the territory when one reads other people's comments without comprehension.

clefty

Acts 17:24 KJV-the context..

Consider the context, and what cometh before, and after, and to whom written, and why:

Act 7 KJV

48 KJV Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?"

Do not ignore what was before said, and to whom it was addressed, and why.

Acts 7:44-46

The context:Here Stephen is making it very clear to the Sanhedrin that it is fatal to ignore the facts pertaining to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 7 KJV
44 Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as he had appointed, speaking unto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen. 45 Which also our fathers that came after brought in with Jesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God drave out before the face of our fathers, unto the days of David;46Who found favour before God, and desired to find a tabernacle for the God of Jacob.

The religious leaders of the Jews knew about the tabernacle- this was, and is basic history to the Hebrews. But did they know what it was, and why it was there? Stephen is addressing these questions in his argument(reasons for a conclusion) to them, and testifying to the authenticity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The tabernacle was a witness. And to what?The first thought is that It was a witness of the LORD God, for He abode in the holy Place. To king David, the LORD God spoke through the prophet- 2 Samuel 7:6 KJV:

"Whereas I have not dwelt in any house since the time that I brought up the children of Israel out of Egypt, even to this day, but have walked in a tent and in a tabernacle."

Thus, the tabernacle was a witness of the LORD God, and to the LORD God, but that is not all. In Acts 7:44 KJV the LORD God told His servant Moses

"that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seen."

The LORD God showed Moses "the real deal":

"And look that thou make them after their pattern, which was shewed thee in the mount."-Exodus 25:40 KJV

"Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount." Hebrews 8:5 KJV

The tabernacle was to be a type, or a picture/symbol/pattern. Of what or who is it a type? The Lord Jesus Christ. For eg., the altar is a picture of the cross, and the shed blood of the new covenant. The "mercy seat" is the propitiation referred to in Romans 3:25 KJV- for our sins. And hence, this gives meaning to the Saviour's words, speaking of the OT in its entirety- "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me"(John 5:39 KJV).

The tabernacle was the center of worship for the Jews under the law of Moses. They could not approach a holy LORD God in any other place, for the LORD God was there in it. He showed this to the Israelites ,even while they were in the wilderness, by revealing Himself as a cloud by day, and a pillar of fire by night. The glory of God was present with them:

"So it was alway: the cloud covered it by day, and the appearance of fire by night." Numbers 9:16 KJV

Moving forward in time, after the temple was built, the Jews had to go to Jerusalem to worship-no choice. And hence, the Lord Jesus Christ, at eight days old,is taken to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord, per Luke 2:22 KJV. Later, at age 12, He goes to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast of the Passover. Thus, they could not worship the LORD God anywhere else. The LORD God was there in the tabernacle. He was there later in the temple. Even those Jews, and proselytes, who were "afar off"(Acts 2:39 KJV), from foreign lands made the pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the feast days, as was true at the time of Pentecost. Survey Acts 2:5 KJV:

"And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven."

The tabernacle was the center of the LORD God's dealing with His people; but was only a type, or picture, or pattern, of "the real deal." It's intent was to direct God's chosen people to the Lord Jesus Christ(Gal. 3:24 KJV)

The tabernacle was a witness of the Lord Jesus Christ, God in the flesh, and Stephen's mission was to open the blind Sanhedrin's eyes.

For forty years the Hebrews carried the tabernacle across the wilderness, and finally under Joshua's leadership(another type of the Lord Jesus Christ), it was brought into the promised Land. Joshua, a deliverer, brought the entire nation into the land, and drove out the pagan inhabitants. The Lord Jesus Christ, as the anti-type,will again deliver the Jews from all their enemies, and give to them a promised land, the kingdom of heaven on earth.

Acts 7:45 KJV gives the credit of this deliverance to the LORD God, and without the tabernacle, He would not have been present with them to perform such an act. But they did not understand the purpose of the tabernacle. They were to put their faith in the one who commanded them to build the tabernacle, the one Who lived in the tabernacle, and not in the physical box itself. This is where they did "error." They took more pride in the physical structure, than the one who commanded it. As an example- the 12 in Matthew 24:1 KJV came to the Lord Jesus Christ, to point out to Him the buildings of the temple. They had the LORD God Himself with them, and yet they were lusting/glorying in the man-made structure. And hence, the context of Acts 7:48-49 KJV...

"the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands;...... what house will ye build me? "

The Lord Jesus Christ tells the 12, in Matthew 24:2 KJV :

"And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

They were clueless here.

Today, obviously, there is no temple in Jerusalem, or anywhere else in the world. Are we to conclude then, that the LORD God is inaccessible? Under the law, they could only contact the LORD God in the tabernacle, or in the temple. In this present dispensation, we don't need the temple, because we do have "the real deal." We need not desire a type/pattern/ picture, since the Christ lives in our hearts. All earthly buildings are temporary and no structure made on this earth will last forever. If a building lasts for a couple of hundred years, it is a precious heritage- but still temporary. Did the Sanhedrin realize that the temple in Jerusalem was temporary? Had they stopped to consider that this was the third temple built by Israel? Solomon's temple lasted until the captivity. Then Ezra built it again after the Babylonian exile. The one in the four "gospels", and Acts is called Herod's temple-it took 46 years to build. The LORD God appointed, and approved the temple, but the Jews misunderstood, and misinterpreted its reality and purpose.

Stephen sought to direct the attention of the Sanhedrin to the reality of the temple, in that it totally pointed to the coming Messiah, the Christ, the LORD Jesus Christ-their Messiah/Christ. They were performing the fatal act of blotting Him out of their minds-the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit..

Acts 7:47-50 KJV-the context

Where is the LORD God? Where does He live? The religious leaders of the Jews had a false hope. They had a beautiful temple, made exactly like Solomon's temple. They were confident that the LORD God was with them, dwelling in the temple in the holy of holies. Wrong assumption on their part-Stephen's argument...

"But Solomon built him an house. Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?Hath not my hand made all these things?"

Solomon, David's Son, built the great temple in the city of David, Jerusalem. At the time of the dedication of that temple, after the king prayed, 2 Chr. 5:14 KJV says...

"... for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of God."

The LORD God commanded Israel to build a sanctuary. There, He could meet with them. The structure was made with hands, and that was the place, the only place, they might approach the holy LORD God.

So, the context of Stephen's "the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands"?

How could the LORD God of creation, the vast universe,the one who filleth all in all, be confined to such a small space? Speaking about the temple, Solomon said in 1 Kings 8:27....

"But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?"

How then, could one think that temple,"made with hands," would contain Him? The temple in Jerusalem was called God's house, even by the Lord Jesus Christ:

"And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise." John 2:16 KJV

If the LORD God did not dwell there, how could it be called His house? It was the place in which God chose to meet with His people, as was the demand of the law of Moses. So, at the time of Acts, the glory of God was not filling the temple in Jerusalem. First, consider when the temple was rebuilt. In the book of Ezra ,where He supervised the rebuilding of the temple, there is no mention of the glory of God entering, or dwelling in the temple, as it had both in the Tabernacle in the wilderness and in the temple built by Solomon. The temple which existed in Jerusalem during the Acts period was known as Herod's Temple, and was started in 20 B.C., and completed in 26 A.D. This temple was truly the work of man, "made with hands," and there was no God-given authority to build it.

Another reason that the glory of God did not fill the temple during the Acts period:When the Lord Jesus Christ hung on the cross, the veil of the temple was rent from top to bottom-Matthew 27:51 KJV...

"And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;"

As it was true that the LORD God dwelt in that holy place, and no man could look upon His glory and live, except the priest once each year, then what would have happened to those worshiping in the temple?

At the time the veil was rent, the LORD God ceased to dwell in any temple made with hands. It had been the brain-child of the king de facto, and Stephen goes on to prove this by quoting from the prophet Isaiah, in chapter 66:1 KJV...

"Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?"

Heaven is the throne of the LORD God, and that is where He dwells now. So why is it that men build a church, a shrine, a holy place, using man's terms and wisdom, and treat it as a dwelling place of God? The Apostle Paul, in his sermon on Mars Hill made a similar statement in Acts 17: 24 KJV, when he said,

"God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands, Neither is worshipped with men's hands."

Where is God now? God the Father is in the third heaven. The Lord Jesus Christ is in the third heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father (Romans 8:34 KJV). According to Acts 2:34-35 KJV, the Lord Jesus Christ is on the right hand of the Father, until all His foes are made His footstool, and that will be when He returns to set up His millennial kingdom, as King, on earth. And then will the feast of Tabernacles be realized-God with us.

That is the context. The end.

Altars with unhewn stones...Tabernacle...Temple always only plan B...not His original plan which is

“And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” Revelation 21:22

and this plan A will be in place when Yah is worshiped by ALL nations again without a temple...as all of His people did prior the temple between the temples and after temple

and now too without the next temple being built...

And goyim and native alike will worship as it was ALWAYS ONE LAW for both...His house a house of prayer for ALL NAIONS

He was their King but they desired a visible king to compete with the world...national racist pride was their intention...national racist glory their goal...

David caused many of Israel to be killed by Yah for counting their physical strength...if that ain’t Zionism...

the angel of death stopped on the threshing floor which became the Holy of Holies...where MERCY sat...over that Law for ALL...His people

So any who are not in accordance to His original plan will build towers to the sky...Zionism...which will be destroyed...His people need flee such evil...hopefully not on the Sabbath...

He doesnt need stones or gold...they are abominations of desolation...His people now worship in truth and spirit without temples made with hands but with ourselves our bodies the clean obedient living temples He does need...and with a sabbatismos Heb 4:9

Yes with sacrifices from our lips and works and from the temples of our clean lives and bodies...as Isaiah was clear there will be a time when ALL (surviving faithful to the end) will worship from Sabbath to Sabbath

As was His plan A...before He needed plan B

HalleluYah

musterion

I agree. It lends credibility.

But verification must come only from comparing scripture with scripture. Your point about taking the lead from the 3 gospels is important. They are 3 infallible witnesses which agree with each other. Jesus was answering a question about the destruction of the temple.

Musty is still arguing against something no one here ever suggested. But, that comes with the territory when one reads other people's comments without comprehension.

Nowhere in the Bible is the temple referred to as "thee" or otherwise personalized.

Jerusalem, however, is.

clefty

Oh. Thanks for checkin' in. Take your seat.

LOL...

Taking my matt and going Home actually...Healed...but not by yours its hewn stones so pretty...

No surprise the modern version of the inquisition is so MAD about it all...delirious to pew pew pew for MUH temple...

See ya around this great controversy...your fight against flesh and blood is noted and as fruit NOT of His root...

Playing fast and loose with OT vessels is dangerous...ask around...MENE MENE TEKEL

john w

Hall of Fame
LOL...

Taking my matt and going Home actually...Healed...but not by yours its hewn stones so pretty...

No surprise the modern version of the inquisition is so MAD about it all...delirious to pew pew pew for MUH temple...

See ya around this great controversy...your fight against flesh and blood is noted and as fruit NOT of His root...

Playing fast and loose with OT vessels is dangerous...ask around...MENE MENE TEKEL
Oh. Take your seat, until I decide to recognize you.

clefty

Said today’s Pharisee...all about muh temple fuh fuh fuh...you MAD bro?

Even the bronze serpent was worshipped after His Spirit had left it...

It had to be destroyed as its dispensation was fulfilled...and now it was an idol...you know, a counterfeit...an abomination which makes desolate

Beware misusing OT vessels...MENE MENE TEKEL

clefty

Actually am a little disappointed you couldn’t come up with a new penalty or punishment for me

Understandable too how Pharisees or the previously mentioned inquisition must have to ultimately silence dissent by force as their own argument alone could not convince or retain their established “status quo”...

The ark itself was misused and as a weapon by those disobedient and for racist political economic temporal gain...for which they lost it MENE MENE TEKEL

The second temple was empty of the mercy seat...devoid of His presence...an idol...yet they killed to preserve it for their false worship...killed Him to preserve it...

And thus just as with the golden calf used to worship Him but with false and counterfeit worship the counterfeit idol was destroyed first (70AD) and then the people...

Babel was not destroyed but left as a memorial that Yah wishes we seek Him and and not our own way into the heavens...the language was destroyed that unified and then that unity of that people was destroyed...seek Ye first the kingdom of heaven NOT earth

His will be done on earth as it is in heaven...by Him and not pretty hewn stones but one falling to smash the mix of iron and clay world and wordly Church...

Come out of Babylon its third tower made of hewn stones by human hands ...His people do

john w

Hall of Fame
Actually am a little disappointed you couldn’t come up with a new penalty or punishment for me

Understandable too how Pharisees or the previously mentioned inquisition must have to ultimately silence dissent by force as their own argument alone could not convince or retain their established “status quo”...

The ark itself was misused and as a weapon by those disobedient and for racist political economic temporal gain...for which they lost it MENE MENE TEKEL

The second temple was empty of the mercy seat...devoid of His presence...an idol...yet they killed to preserve it for their false worship...killed Him to preserve it...

And thus just as with the golden calf used to worship Him but with false and counterfeit worship the counterfeit idol was destroyed first (70AD) and then the people...

Babel was not destroyed but left as a memorial that Yah wishes we seek Him and and not our own way into the heavens...the language was destroyed that unified and then that unity of that people was destroyed...seek Ye first the kingdom of heaven NOT earth

His will be done on earth as it is in heaven...by Him and not pretty hewn stones but one falling to smash the mix of iron and clay world and wordly Church...

Come out of Babylon its third tower made of hewn stones by human hands ...His people do
Oh. You're beginning to bore me.

clefty

Oh. You're beginning to bore me.

Ahhh yes...a bummer historical job hazard of Pharisees and the Inquisition...but it does inspire endless new and improved ways of interrogation torture and execution...you know, to amuse themselves...and do His work...help establish His catholic I mean global kingdom...