Righteousness and Justification by Faith

beloved57

Your Calvinist God will not allow you understand the Gospel.

In the New Testament God remains in heaven, it is the Son that comes into the world as the new Adam to do for humanity what humanity cannot do for its self. This is why Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Jesus provides salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

We are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, who is God the Son. God the Father remains in heaven. I have shown you two scriptures that say Jesus is the justifier, you don't believe either one of them. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and has atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Unfortunately your Calvinist God will not allow you to believe that.

You teach that sinners Christ lived and died for are lost and condemned still!

beloved57

Paul went through hell for the sake of the Gospel. He traveled over 10,000 miles for over 20 years. There are monuments to Paul that can be seen today up along the Mediterranean coast as a tribute to his dedication to Christ and his Gospel. Paul had a right to boast, but I don't think that he did to glorify himself. Everything was for the sake of the Gospel.

You don't believe the Gospel. How could you when you believe sinners Christ shed His Blood for arw lost. How is that the good news of the Gospel?

iouae

Paul went through hell for the sake of the Gospel. He traveled over 10,000 miles for over 20 years. There are monuments to Paul that can be seen today up along the Mediterranean coast as a tribute to his dedication to Christ and his Gospel. Paul had a right to boast, but I don't think that he did to glorify himself. Everything was for the sake of the Gospel.

Paul is held up as the poster child for "no-works" Christianity.

Yet note how he worked as a Christian. My point is that folks misread Paul. He never punted "no-works" Christianity. What he pushed was that even if one worked as hard as he (Paul) did, even that would not save one. Only faith in Christ saves.

iouae

James 2 is nothing more than their (James 1:1's believing members of "the Twelve Tribes of Israel...scattered abroad" in Acts 8:1) Romans 6.

James 2 is nothing more than their version of Romans 6.

Same principle; different application, Romans 4.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Nevertheless, Rom. 14:5 - in memory of Rom. 5:6-8 in each our stead.

Are you for or against a Christian working as hard as Paul did?

meshak

BANNED
Banned

indeed, that's why I say he is not such a good teacher. He sends a mixed messages and confusion.

God is not of confusion.

It seems Jesus and Paul's word are so different. Jesus emphasizes being faithful to Him until end and Paul is no works.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have my doubts as to whether Brinsmead wrote that. Brinsmead was not an advocate of Calvinism.

On the day of Pentecost Peter preached the Gospel for the very first time. Those that heard and believed were saved, some of who had participated in the crucifixion of Christ, Acts 2:36. Over 8,000 Jews became Christians because they heard and believed the Gospel. "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17, which is the Gospel. I don't believe anything above, it is all hogwash.

No matter, Robert. Think what you will about Brinsmead. You need to do more honest assessment of the man, who ultimately abandoned all faith.

http://www.lifeassuranceministries.org/proclamation/2011/2/brinsmead.html
http://www.bobbrinsmead.com/t_archive.html

That said, the primary issue at hand is my earlier post:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Justification-by-Faith&p=5144434#post5144434

Since that post all you have done is to move on to more citations of Scripture while avoiding the essence of that post. When will you actually provide a direct response to the correction offered to your erroneous interpretation of the passage in question? :idunno:

AMR

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Or, another possibility is that he is a brilliant teacher, and we are not such good students.

Jesus does not advocate, "brilliant faith."

Jesus tells us to have childlike faith. Children are not brilliant.

You are right, we are not such good students. That's why he should not sends confused messages.

God's Truth

indeed, that's why I say he is not such a good teacher. He sends a mixed messages and confusion.

God is not of confusion.

It seems Jesus and Paul's word are so different. Jesus emphasizes being faithful to Him until end and Paul is no works.

You blasphemy speaking ill of Paul's words in the Bible.

God's Truth

Yet note how he worked as a Christian. My point is that folks misread Paul. He never punted "no-works" Christianity. What he pushed was that even if one worked as hard as he (Paul) did, even that would not save one. Only faith in Christ saves.

You are right, Paul worked hard for Jesus, because faith alone is dead, and those who are given much, much more is demanded.

Acts 9:16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name."

God's Truth

Many cannot reconcile James with Paul.

Did Christ have faith? Yes.
Did Christ also have works? Yes.

Did Paul have faith? Yes.
Did Paul have works? Yes.

For someone supposedly against works, Paul worked pretty hard, and "boasted" about these.

I haven't heard this before. I love it what you showed.

God's Truth

Jesus is not divided and he did not give two gospels in opposition of each other.

That is ludicrous.

God's Truth

Putting Paul on the pedestal is not blasphemy?

I know it is.

Paul's words are scripture and God breathed. You do blasphemy.

You falsely judge Paul and you think I care what you think of me.

You say you are not saved, and I believe you on that one.

iouae

Jesus does not advocate, "brilliant faith."

Jesus tells us to have childlike faith. Children are not brilliant.

You are right, we are not such good students. That's why he should not sends confused messages.

I have a rule reading Paul, and when somebody quotes Paul. I ask myself, have I read the whole book, because Paul always has a train of thought, and individual quotes can sound like they are going against the whole train of thought.

Paul tries to tell us that the law has a purpose, like a screwdriver has a purpose, and that purpose is not to get us made righteous or saved. Using the law for this purpose would be like using a screwdriver as a hammer - something which I have tried to do when no hammer is available.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul's words are scripture and God breathed. You do blasphemy.

You falsely judge Paul and you think I care what you think of me.

You say you are not saved, and I believe you on that one.

This is classic poor attack.

Your putting Paul on the pedestal is like Catholics putting Mary on the pedestal.

You lie saying I claim not to saved.

What I say is that no one knows until Jesus Judges.

I have said it repeatedly the same thing yet you choose to misrepresent my word.

Your bitterness and hatefulness is showing.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have a rule reading Paul, and when somebody quotes Paul. I ask myself, have I read the whole book, because Paul always has a train of thought, and individual quotes can sound like they are going against the whole train of thought.

Paul tries to tell us that the law has a purpose, like a screwdriver has a purpose, and that purpose is not to get us made righteous or saved. Using the law for this purpose would be like using a screwdriver as a hammer - something which I have tried to do when no hammer is available.

I understand what you are saying but his word is being used to divide His followers.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I pick what is noble, clearly of the HS like fruit of Spirit.

Paul wrote that but many Christians disregard it.

God's Truth

This is classic poor attack.

Your putting Paul on the pedestal is like Catholics putting Mary on the pedestal.

You lie saying I claim not to saved.

What I say is that no one knows until Jesus Judges.

I have said it repeatedly the same thing yet you choose to misrepresent my word.

Your bitterness and hatefulness is showing.

You are the one who followed me around tonight saying hateful things.

You are the one who attacks me for saying I am saved. You say you don't know if you are saved. You did say you were not.

You say terrible things about Paul. You prove you are not right in the heart and mind.

You are every false thing you have ever said about me, and more.

You lie about me and say I do with Paul what Catholics do with Mary. I do not make statues of Paul and burn candles and incense it and bow to it. I don't pray to him. I don't say he is Co Mediator. You just say anything and you don't care about what is truth at all.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Fruit of Spirit is so high standard and no one can achieve it. It is life long endeavor.

That's why no one should boast to be sinless and saved.