Righteousness and Justification by Faith

God's Truth

Being in the flesh is about living to please your flesh. That is about pleasing your flesh with sin. We are not just flesh; we are spirit too, and those who do not want to please their flesh with sin search for God and find Him.

Nanja

Being in the flesh is about living to please your flesh. That is about pleasing your flesh with sin. We are not just flesh; we are spirit too, and those who do not want to please their flesh with sin search for God and find Him.

False. The natural man is one who has not been Born of the Spirit.

Reread my post:

Exactly! If Pate or any other person believes in his mind that he became saved by a decision he made, something that he did, e.g. his own believing, obeying, calling on the Lord, etc., that's boasting because others, not as wise as him, had the same opportunity but failed to take advantage of it.

But the Truth is, if a person has never been Born of the Spirit he has no Salvation!

"Now if any have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His" Rom. 8:9

So all the works the natural man [not Born of Spirit] does to get himself saved, all his righteous acts and moral living, cannot please God Rom. 8:8 and they are filthy rags in His sight Is. 64:6.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know, because they are spiritually discerned.

God's Truth

False. The natural man is one who has not been Born of the Spirit.

Reread my post:

I know the scriptures.

I have read your post.

Can you be reasoned with?

You claim obeying Jesus will get you condemned to the lake of fire.

Yet during God's wrath, those who believe but did not obey will be able to repent of the sins they did not repent of when they walked the earth.

Does it really make sense to you that those who did anything right that Jesus says to do will be punished with Hell for it?

Save yourself from that false teaching.

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

You misunderstand the scripture about the natural man. Humans also have a spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him. And he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Not all have their mind set on pleasing only the flesh.

Romans 8:7 For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God's law, for it is unable to do so.

Not all are only accustomed to doing evil.

Jeremiah 13:23 Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

There are those who are not proud, as the learned and rich of this world are, for whom it is harder to be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Anyone can choose to do the will of God. Especially the poor and uneducated; those who admit their sins; the ones who are not proud.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Do you deny the gospel given to Paul through Jesus Christ?

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nanja

I know the scriptures.

I have read your post.

Can you be reasoned with?

You claim obeying Jesus will get you condemned to the lake of fire.

Yet during God's wrath, those who believe but did not obey will be able to repent of the sins they did not repent of when they walked the earth.

Does it really make sense to you that those who did anything right that Jesus says to do will be punished with Hell for it?

Save yourself from that false teaching.

You were taught to misunderstand the filthy rag scripture.

How do you EVER get that obeying God is as a filthy rag?!

The Jews who had to do a righteous act of giving a sin offering, which included offering BLOOD, God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins; that made the blood offering as a menstrual bloody rag offering. Not being truly sorry for the sin is what made the righteous act of sacrificing animals for their blood as a filthy rag.

Isaiah 64:6 All of us have become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if we do not OBEY HIM.

God does not say that our obedience is as a filthy rag.

The Jews used to have to give BLOOD offerings for their sins---so that they could make themselves RIGHTEOUS BEFORE GOD.

God did NOT like it that the Jews would sin, give a BLOOD SIN OFFERING BUT NOT REALLY BE SORRY FOR THEIR SINS, their sins that they kept doing.

Those BLOOD offerings became as FILTHY THROW AWAY, BLOODY MENSTRUAL RAGS to the Lord.

You misunderstand the scripture about the natural man. Humans also have a spirit.

1 Corinthians 2:14 The unbeliever does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him. And he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Not all have their mind set on pleasing only the flesh.

Romans 8:7 For the mind-set of the flesh is hostile to God because it does not submit itself to God's law, for it is unable to do so.

Not all are only accustomed to doing evil.

Jeremiah 13:23 Can an Ethiopian change his skin or a leopard its spots? Neither can you do good who are accustomed to doing evil.

There are those who are not proud, as the learned and rich of this world are, for whom it is harder to be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

Anyone can choose to do the will of God. Especially the poor and uneducated; those who admit their sins; the ones who are not proud.

John 7:17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Again...Those in the flesh [not Born of the Spirit of God] cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

Nanja

Do you deny the gospel given to Paul through Jesus Christ?

Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Paul was addressing the Faithful Saints of God, those who were Born of the Spirit Eph. 1:1; not all men without exception!

God's Truth

Again...Those in the flesh [not Born of the Spirit of God] cannot please God Rom. 8:8!

When Jesus came to earth, and when he started his 3 and a half years of ministry, he preached the gospel to those who already belonged to God; they were God's and God gave them to Jesus. They now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus told his apostles not to go to the Samaritans and the Gentiles.

Why not those dogs? Because dogs don't know their father, and Jesus was coming to the little children of God.

Jesus was coming to them first, but said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him.

So now we can see from the scriptures that Jesus came only for the lost sheep...the sheep that already belonged to God...okay...now...you say only the saved can please HIM. Okay now, but did not the unsaved dog Samaritan woman please Jesus with her great faith? Did not the dog Gentile with such great faith please him?

Think about it Nanja. You have heard the truth. What kind of person are you if you keep denying the truth?

The Faith of the Centurion
Luke 7
1When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum. 2There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.” 6So Jesus went with them.

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

9When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, “I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.” 10Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

Matthew 15

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27“Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Nanja

When Jesus came to earth, and when he started his 3 and a half years of ministry, he preached the gospel to those who already belonged to God; they were God's and God gave them to Jesus. They now had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

Jesus told his apostles not to go to the Samaritans and the Gentiles.

Why not those dogs? Because dogs don't know their father, and Jesus was coming to the little children of God.

Jesus was coming to them first, but said that when he is crucified, then all could come to him.

So now we can see from the scriptures that Jesus came only for the lost sheep...the sheep that already belonged to God...okay...now...you say only the saved can please HIM. Okay now, but did not the unsaved dog Samaritan woman please Jesus with her great faith? Did not the dog Gentile with such great faith please him?

Think about it Nanja. You have heard the truth. What kind of person are you if you keep denying the truth?

The Faith of the Centurion
Luke 7
1When Jesus had finished saying all this to the people who were listening, he entered Capernaum. 2There a centurion’s servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, “This man deserves to have you do this, 5because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue.” 6So Jesus went with them.

He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: “Lord, don’t trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”

9When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, “I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.” 10Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well.

Matthew 15

The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27“Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

Jesus was speaking to His Seed, those Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4!

Faith is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

God's Mercy is only for His Elect !

God's Truth

Jesus was speaking to His Seed, those Chosen in Him before the foundation of the World to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4!

Faith is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

God's Mercy is only for His Elect !

Those people who had great faith pleased God but they were NOT the lost sheep or the elect and chosen.

Nanja

Those people who had great faith pleased God but they were NOT the lost sheep or the elect and chosen.

The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of His Spirit given in New Birth John 3:27.

Yeah, they were His Elect Titus 1:1!

Robert Pate

Banned
The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of His Spirit given in New Birth John 3:27.

Yeah, they were His Elect Titus 1:1!

Neither you or GT have been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. You both think that you are Christians but you are not. You both reject the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You both have a false Gospel and are under the judgment of God. We who are Christians are trying to warn you, but you can't seem to hear. It appears that you are spiritually dead.

beloved57

Exactly! If Pate or any other person believes in his mind that he became saved by a decision he made, something that he did, e.g. his own believing, obeying, calling on the Lord, etc., that's boasting because others, not as wise as him, had the same opportunity but failed to take advantage of it.

But the Truth is, if a person has never been Born of the Spirit he has no Salvation!

"Now if any have not the Spirit of Christ he is none of His" Rom. 8:9

So all the works the natural man [not Born of Spirit] does to get himself saved, all his righteous acts and moral living, cannot please God Rom. 8:8 and they are filthy rags in His sight Is. 64:6.

1 Cor 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know, because they are spiritually discerned.

Exactly my Sister!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A Proper Understanding of Regeneration vs. Belief

A Proper Understanding of Regeneration vs. Belief

A point of distinction.

The work of regeneration is monergistic (Eze. 36:26). Wholly the work of God. Not one iota the work of man.

At the instant of that re-birth (regeneration), the one so regenerated will not not believe. Indeed, he or she will want to believe and repent and will irrevocably do so. That is synergistic. God is not doing the believing or repenting for the one so regenerated.

Robert's error is that he thinks he is able and can decide to be born anew (regenerated). This view presumes that one controls whether or not one is regenerated, despite the clear teaching of Scripture that the regenerative power of the Holy Spirit is akin to the wind, blowing about we know not where. Accordingly, Robert's belief system makes a human work out of the regenerative process and gives the one believing a reason to boast while making God a debtor. May it never be.

Your error, Nanja, unless I have misunderstood your quote above, is assuming too much as relates to the work of God in giving the lost a new heart.

Agree?

AMR

beloved57

Neither you or GT have been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23. You both think that you are Christians but you are not. You both reject the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. You both have a false Gospel and are under the judgment of God. We who are Christians are trying to warn you, but you can't seem to hear. It appears that you are spiritually dead.

You and gt are kissing cousins since u both deny Christ Saving obedience and trust to tbe will of man!

beloved57

A point of distinction.

The work of regeneration is monergistic (Eze. 36:26). Wholly the work of God. Not one iota the work of man.

At the instant of that re-birth (regeneration), the one so regenerated will not not believe. Indeed, he or she will want to believe and repent and will irrevocably do so. That is synergistic. God is not doing the believing or repenting for the one so regenerated.

Robert's error is that he thinks he is able and can decide to be born anew (regenerated). This view presumes that one controls whether or not one is regenerated, despite the clear teaching of Scripture that the regenerative power of the Holy Spirit is akin to the wind, blowing about we know not where. Accordingly, Robert's belief system makes a human work out of the regenerative process and gives the one believing a reason to boast while making God a debtor. May it never be.

Your error, Nanja, unless I have misunderstood your quote above, is assuming too much as relates to the work of God in giving the lost a new heart.

Agree?

AMR

Nanja this guy amr isnt sound at all. He denies Justification from eternity based upon the Suretyship Engagement of Christ for His People from before the foundation!

Nanja

Nanja this guy amr isnt sound at all. He denies Justification from eternity based upon the Suretyship Engagement of Christ for His People from before the foundation!

Thank You Brother, I'm surely aware of his error that you have so accurately pointed out!

God's Truth

How is it that you say Peter spoke only to the Jews, and you say he had another different gospel, but you quote him to me?

God's Truth

A point of distinction.

Agree?

AMR

God does not save unbelievers.