REPORT: Nicer Than God - By Bob Enyart

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you really think I care whether you do or not? I answered this to you on the relevant thread...
You can't answer simple questions.

Red, is it possible that the death of an innocent person might do some good?

red77

You can't answer simple questions.

Red, is it possible that the death of an innocent person might do some good?

I already have answered this but I'll induldge you, in the case of miscarriages of justice then no, I don't believe that it could, care to get back on topic?

red77

A new covenant of what?

What? Why do you think that Jesus brought a new covenant if it was fine to stick completely with the old one?

By what do you judge what is and is not still applicable? What is your measure?

By measuring what Jesus's own words are and how he commands us to live, to treat each other as we would prefer to be treated ourselves, no-one kicks up a fuss about eating shrimp anymore and Christ himself didn't seem concerned enough to mention homosexuality even the once....

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I already have answered this but I'll induldge you, in the case of miscarriages of justice then no, I don't believe that it could, care to get back on topic?
Executing innocent people isn't good. But there is a way that good can come from it if the people involved accept their responsibility. No, it's not nice, but since when did God say everything had to be nice?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What is the difference between the old and new? Scripture refrences please, but paraphrasing is ok, if it is correct.

While on this planet, he did teach us how to act towards each other. He tought forgiveness, but only when somebody repents. That is the important part you are leaving out. He also taught us to judge, but to do so righteously. First take that log out of your own eye, then you see clearly to remove the speck from your neighbor. Isn't that what he said?

elected4ever

What is the difference between the old and new? Scripture refrences please, but paraphrasing is ok, if it is correct.

While on this planet, he did teach us how to act towards each other. He tought forgiveness, but only when somebody repents. That is the important part you are leaving out. He also taught us to judge, but to do so righteously. First take that log out of your own eye, then you see clearly to remove the speck from your neighbor. Isn't that what he said?
In order to judge in righteousness you must first be righteous. You may be able to judge rightly but so can an atheist. That does not make the atheist righteous.:doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Nicer than God? Hmmm, I remember the part where Christ ascended, but I’m a little sketchy on where he condescended...

And not to be a stickler Nick M, but Jesus forgave the crowd who were in the process of cheering his death---so I'd say that's at least one example where repentance doesn't appear to factor.

rehcjam

Nicer than God? Hmmm, I remember the part where Christ ascended, but I’m a little sketchy on where he condescended...

And not to be a stickler Nick M, but Jesus forgave the crowd who were in the process of cheering his death---so I'd say that's at least one example where repentance doesn't appear to factor.

You should read the OP.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:ha:

I will have to give you credit for a pretty clever line. :up:

* Wrong. But clever. (*wrong because nobody is claiming that Jesus was condescending).

red77

Executing innocent people isn't good. But there is a way that good can come from it if the people involved accept their responsibility. No, it's not nice, but since when did God say everything had to be nice?

What?!

What good comes from executing innocent people Stipe? What exactly are you referring to with this 'if people accept their responsibility'? and enough with it 'not being nice', executing innocent people under a system which is bound to make such errors is not "not nice", it's a complete travesty of justice and completely avoidable!

red77

Duh. And it is not avoidable.

This is just typical of you CRASH, you make some absurd point and when asked to explain you just have absolutely nothing, why is it not a travesty of justice for innocent people to be executed? Never mind just going 'duh', show some type of argument as to how the loss of innocent life isn't an affront to justice, otherwise you aint got nothing....

Pettrix

BANNED
Banned
I do believe a "fine line" is crossed when Christians will attack the walk of another Christian based on generalities. For example, if you work at a DMV location. I then say that all DMV employees (including you, a Christian) are lazy, stupid & foolish.

Once again, holding to truth and standing for righteous judgment is good and Biblical. Attacking other believers walk and judging their walk with generalities, and not based on facts, IS WRONG and sinful (IMHO).

Some people have a tendency to be rude and blunt, due to their personalities. Then once they get saved, that rudeness and bluntness transfers over. As the saying goes, if you are an obnoxious person and get saved, now you are a saved obnoxious person. You don't lose that "personality trait" once your saved, unless you choose to by using the power of the Holy Spirit and Gods Word.

So when they were unsaved they would tell someone, "Your stupid and an idiot for doing that." Now, since their saved they will say, "Your stupid and an idiot for believing that tongues are for today."

Don't get me wrong, I DON'T advocate being this "mushy, gushy, love all" Christianity. I believe in being truthful, honest but doing so in love.

WHAT DOES THE APOSTLE PAUL HAVE TO SAY:

Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ:

Gal 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
Eph 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Col 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
Col 3:13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

rehcjam

Duh. And it is not avoidable.

It is avoidable like murder is avoidable. You can't stop people from murdering one another, you can just punish them. Put a perjurer to death if it is a capital case. Hold the person who perverts justice guilty. If a person is put to death unjustly, oftentimes it is either murder or negligence.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
What? Why do you think that Jesus brought a new covenant if it was fine to stick completely with the old one?

I asked you: a new covenant of what.

By measuring what Jesus's own words are and how he commands us to live, to treat each other as we would prefer to be treated ourselves, no-one kicks up a fuss about eating shrimp anymore and Christ himself didn't seem concerned enough to mention homosexuality even the once....

Do you feel Paul was given any authority?