REMINDER: No Goodbye threads

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you are planning on leaving TOL for another forum we wish you nothing but the best. Forums are fun to participate in and can be a great place for learning and fellowship.

At TOL we generally do not allow "I am leaving TOL bla bla bla..." posts.

Why do we have this policy?

We delete posts like that because they serve no other purpose other than to cause division. Furthermore.... when and if someone makes a "goodbye" post we generally ban that user. Why do we do that? Well if we don't ban the leaving user they usually come back and post yet another "goodbye" post after the first one was deleted. Not to mention... if a user wants to leave TOL it is our right to not allow them to use TOL resources like the Private Messaging System.

If you want to leave we will miss you.

If you want to leave a message saying your taking a break for awhile OR if you leave a message saying you cant post anymore for practical reasons we have no problem with that. But if you are leaving because you are displeased with TOL then the best thing to do is just leave and say your goodbyes in private.

We have employed this policy since the inception of TOL. Although we have made exceptions depending on the tone or the reason for the departure.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What about dweebs who post that they're leaving for the rest of the summer and then come back the next day and say they didn't intend to be back but they're leaving for three months and then make three posts in different threads and then say goodbye again and then come back two weeks later and make a post and say goodbye and then come back the next day and make a post and close their threads and say goodbye again?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What about dweebs who post that they're leaving for the rest of the summer and then come back the next day and say they didn't intend to be back but they're leaving for three months and then make three posts in different threads and then say goodbye again and then come back two weeks later and make a post and say goodbye and then come back the next day and make a post and close their threads and say goodbye again?
Snowflakes and crybabies do that.

ok doser

When i had to focus on my thesis, i just burned my account and started a new one afterwards :idunno:

Arthur Brain

What about obsessive nutcases who need to get a life and stop being such a sad act?

:idunno:

john w

Hall of Fame
If I left, TOL would look like this:

tumbleweed.jpg.560x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

The great, humble saint John W

ok doser

And then pops back in three days later to send a gay rep comment and make a response to a poster that he claims, frequently, to have on ignore? :darwinsm:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And then pops back in three days later to send a gay rep comment and make a response to a poster that he claims, frequently, to have on ignore? :darwinsm:
Ah, but I haven't made either a goodbye post or thread. I took off to take care of project work that had to be completed in advance of finals. I've had a window to pop in and check on friends, etc.

What else...I took you off ignore when you spammed one of my threads two or three times in a row to see what the blazes you were going on about and give a reasoned answer before locking you out for a bit while I'm mostly away from the joint. Glory remains on ignore because I can't enforce standards for the joint, but I can for me and I can't see what would make her compelling enough to change my mind on the point.

And the pos rep comment was in response to your nose to the glass hissy "seek Christ Town" nonsense rep. What's gay about telling you to figure out what you want to be when you grow up and shoot for that? :plain:

You see gay in a lot of things. Glory would say there's something in that to trouble. Well, she'd say it then swear she meant something else. You know, kids.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Elton John comparison is legitimate because I see the resemblance too. With that little snippet of Town's face it's a dead ringer, I saw it a long time ago. I also see a little Ben Franklin, and Liberace.