remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Emanuel

thank you all. i am not a police officer, i am not a writer or a comedian, i am not a Bible scholar. Jesus Christ is NOT God. Dispensationalism is wrong. John nelson Darby is a fool. i am the biggest fool i have known or heard of. my crimes and sins or incalculable, and there is no way out. i have lied and deceived and hurt others: families, children and friends, and worst of all my OWN family. people and situations and jobs have been seemingly placed before me with failure foreknown. i blame only myself for being easily led, persuaded and tempted. i do what people around me do. it was all a lie and i could not tell the difference because i can't pay attention. I am Catholic: baptized August 16 1974 - like a fool i was baptized again, by my own clouded thinking. drugs, alcohol, greed and SELFISHNESS destroyed me and has likely shortened lives of those i love, through stress, worry and WORK.

i have treated people here on tol unjustly - judging others and telling folks they're wrong, and i had no right. i have no knowledge or experience to do that. i do not hate Jews or Muslims, Black or White or any race or denomination. i love everyone i meet and believe what they say. i no longer believe what i see in newspapers, news on tv, or anything on the internet. i am hated or @ minimum disliked by everyone i have known and met that matters to me. i know God loves me and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, i know my family and even friends love me, however it is tempered with my past. anyone that believes in God and lives righteously, striving at all times to do good and raise children to be strong in faith, righteousness and GOOD pleases God, no matter the religion, faith or denomination: even atheists and unbelievers of any kind -

i read every post to this thread and i thank you all for encouragement and support
as i truly do not know when or how long i can post here or anywhere. i don't post anywhere else of any significance -

i know i am saved by the Blood of Christ and i have no doubt. i have repented and continue to repent daily. that never means life is guaranteed or comfortable. in spite of satan and despite my life so far - I AM SAVED - ALL PRAISE and GLORY to GOD, AMEN
Type 1: Jesus Christ is God; I am a sinner
Type 2: Jesus Christ is not God; I am a sinner
Type 3: Jesus Christ is God; I am not a sinner
Type 4: Jesus Christ is not God; I am not a sinner

Daniel

Dan Emanuel

1 Corinthians 10
15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar? 19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord’s table, and of the table of devils. 22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?​

Daniel

RevTestament

thank you all. i am not a police officer, i am not a writer or a comedian, i am not a Bible scholar. Jesus Christ is NOT God. Dispensationalism is wrong. John nelson Darby is a fool. i am the biggest fool i have known or heard of. my crimes and sins or incalculable, and there is no way out. i have lied and deceived and hurt others: families, children and friends, and worst of all my OWN family. people and situations and jobs have been seemingly placed before me with failure foreknown. i blame only myself for being easily led, persuaded and tempted. i do what people around me do. it was all a lie and i could not tell the difference because i can't pay attention. I am Catholic: baptized August 16 1974 - like a fool i was baptized again, by my own clouded thinking. drugs, alcohol, greed and SELFISHNESS destroyed me and has likely shortened lives of those i love, through stress, worry and WORK.

i have treated people here on tol unjustly - judging others and telling folks they're wrong, and i had no right. i have no knowledge or experience to do that. i do not hate Jews or Muslims, Black or White or any race or denomination. i love everyone i meet and believe what they say. i no longer believe what i see in newspapers, news on tv, or anything on the internet. i am hated or @ minimum disliked by everyone i have known and met that matters to me. i know God loves me and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, i know my family and even friends love me, however it is tempered with my past. anyone that believes in God and lives righteously, striving at all times to do good and raise children to be strong in faith, righteousness and GOOD pleases God, no matter the religion, faith or denomination: even atheists and unbelievers of any kind -

i read every post to this thread and i thank you all for encouragement and support
as i truly do not know when or how long i can post here or anywhere. i don't post anywhere else of any significance -

i know i am saved by the Blood of Christ and i have no doubt. i have repented and continue to repent daily. that never means life is guaranteed or comfortable. in spite of satan and despite my life so far - I AM SAVED - ALL PRAISE and GLORY to GOD, AMEN
Hey Patrick -
it is evident you are going through a mid-acts dispensational gospel "crisis" of withdrawal....
my friend do not be ashamed of realizing the incomplete truth of this theology.
I believe you are brave to stick out your head here and proclaim your change of heart since it is a prevalent doctrine on this site, and I pray for you as you continue to learn.
However, I am having difficulty understanding how you are saying you are "catholic" when you go on to state things like this which could be construed as a rejection of the doctrine of the trinity:
no i don't lie about what i believe. i got confused and led to mid acts - which simply confirms that Jesus Christ is NOT God, but sent from God the Father - i believe and know that regardless of my sin and the life i have lived I AM SAVED because of Christ and that is enough - i am not saved by my actions or works or thoughts - i stated my opinion of my sins.
The gospel confirms that Jesus Christ is "God" as that term is used in the English Bible:
YHWH Elohim with the Father - Gen 3:22 YHWH Elohim said the man
has become as one of us[mim·men·nū]
Elohim - Heb 1:8 & Ps 45:7 "Thy throne O Elohim..."
YHWH - Isa 26:4 & 19
From before foundation of the world - Proverbs 8; John 17:5
our brother - Hebrews 2:11-12, 17-18; Psalm 22:18-25
"The Father is greater than I."
Son is the revelation of the Father to us - John 1:18, 5:19 & 16:25;
"Who hath seen me, hath seen the Father."
"Whatsoever the Father doeth the Son doeth likewise." "I am the way." Jn 14:6
Inheritor - now on right hand, but will sit in Father's stead & be called Father, Isaiah 9:6, "inheritor of my mountains" Isaiah 65:9; Heb 1:4
However, as you indicate at the same time He is NOT the Father:
but is the Son of El Elyon, the Most High El, servant - Isaiah 42:1, 6, 8; Luke 1:32
He is not El Elyon, the Most High El anywhere in scripture.
I see the problem understanding Him as being a refusal to see the changing nature of his status as/with God due to the insistence of theologians that God is "immutable." God is unchanging in His attributes of righteousness, etc, or He wouldn't be God. However, most everything about Jesus screams that his status changes. He inherited His name according to Hebrews. He inherits the government and the holy mountains of the Father according to Isaiah, etc. When one recognizes this truth, the scripture becomes quite clear

i have blasphemed the Holy Spirit in ways that few ever have, and feel compelled to confess and admit my failures without details. i believe the entire Bible, not dispensation(s) - Paul was not the first to preach DBR - Jesus IS, and it was known but not fully understood perhaps - Paul is not more significant than Christ's chosen 12, which came from God and the Son is NOT the Father
I hope you do not feel you have blasphemed the Holy Spirit because of mid-acts dispensationalism. As far as I have known you, you have never denied Christ - even in the depths of your sin, even if you used the name of God in vain, you did not deny Christ nor blaspheme the Holy Spirit.
There is hope given to everyone in the name of Jesus Christ who told us that many would deny Him and be forgiven.
God rejoiced in the prodigal son who sunk into the pit of sin and filth, but who realized his folly, and returned to his Father.
I have been there too my friend. I believe Paul went there too, and yet Christ called him, and forgave him.

Just because Darby was wrong, doesn't mean that God doesn't teach as time passes. Whether one wants to call these dispensations or something else, doesn't really matter.

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the Lord was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Be well, and don't be discouraged. Allow your understanding of Christ continue to grow in His word, and realize that we are all in the same boat of struggling to understand God...

Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

RevTestament

who did Jesus give authority to?

Nice try there Chrys, but Peter never indicated He had authority to forgive sin but taught everyone to come unto Christ as our mediator. There are no other mediators for sin - not Mary and not Peter. His keys gave him authority to lead the church - not to change the doctrines of Christ.
The Bishop of Rome never had that authority, and if he did, he lost it in his temporal power grab and failing to lead by example.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Nice try there Chrys, but Peter never indicated He had authority to forgive sin but taught everyone to come unto Christ as our mediator. There are no other mediators for sin - not Mary and not Peter. His keys gave him authority to lead the church - not to change the doctrines of Christ.
The Bishop of Rome never had that authority, and if he did, he lost it in his temporal power grab and failing to lead by example.

who has the keys?

who has the power to bind and loose?

Dan Emanuel

who has the keys?...
Peter.
...who has the power to bind and loose?
I compare Matthew 16:19 KJV with John 20:23 KJV. Peter has the key's, and all the Apostle's have the power to remit/retain sin's.

However, the legitimate/true successor's of the Apostle's (the bishop's), are in communion with the named successor of Peter (the papacy). Thats how we can know whose who.

Daniel

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Peter.
I compare Matthew 16:19 KJV with John 20:23 KJV. Peter has the key's, and all the Apostle's have the power to remit/retain sin's.

However, the legitimate/true successor's of the Apostle's (the bishop's), are in communion with the named successor of Peter (the papacy). Thats how we can know whose who.

Daniel

do you have reason to believe thee and thou are not the same person here?

Matthew 16:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

heir

TOL Subscriber
in chat, Patrick writes, "because i have no reason to be here Mike - no purpose". That's not true!

You abandoned the purpose given you in Christ Jesus before the world began:

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Dan Emanuel

do you have reason to believe thee and thou are not the same person here?

Matthew 16:19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
I do not.

I offer up the alternative, that is sometime's suggested by non-Catholic's: All of the Apostle's were given the power to bind/loose/remit/retain, not only Peter.

My point is, how do you know where this power is today? You know by who (among bishop's) is in communion with the successor of Peter. So whether you believe (as we do) that to Peter alone was given the key's to the kingdom, or whether you believe it was to all the Apostle's together (as other non-Catholic's do); either way, you can know where this power is today, by determining who (among bishop's) is in communion with the successor of Peter.

Daniel

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I do not.

I offer up the alternative, that is sometime's suggested by non-Catholic's: All of the Apostle's were given the power to bind/loose/remit/retain, not only Peter.

My point is, how do you know where this power is today? You know by who (among bishop's) is in communion with the successor of Peter. So whether you believe (as we do) that to Peter alone was given the key's to the kingdom, or whether you believe it was to all the Apostle's together (as other non-Catholic's do); either way, you can know where this power is today, by determining who (among bishop's) is in communion with the successor of Peter.

Daniel

peter was the first pope
and
I have no reason to believe anyone but the pope has that power

Mocking You

So you contend with scripture that he is not the Son of God?

Is he not a temple?

Is he not a head of the church?

Please tell us which you disagree with?

Jesus is not a temple. When we look at Jesus we see God, not God "who dwells in him".

Jesus IS God, not a vessel where God resides.

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:58

heir

TOL Subscriber
so where is the paul church?
Ephesians 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

achduke

Jesus is not a temple. When we look at Jesus we see God, not God "who dwells in him".

Jesus IS God, not a vessel where God resides.

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:58

John 2:20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

Luke 17: 21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have

Status
Not open for further replies.