Reconciled to God while enemies !

marhig

What does the word enemies mean ?

Those who live by lusts of the flesh and live by their own will and not Gods will are God's enemies, those who are a friend of the world, these are the enemies of God. And we are saved by Jesus, through faith by the grace of God, by hearing the word of God that his son delivered to us through the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation, and he lived it out, bringing us a new and living way. He was a living sacrifice, he laid down his life to do the will of God to bring us the gospel with the hope of saving as many as possible that would listen and believe. He was dead to his flesh and alive in the spirit, in the fullness of God, in Gods express image and it's through Jesus and by the word that we are reconciled to God if we believe, repent and obey!

The way of Jesus Christ is the only way to follow, he is our cornerstone and those who are living stones create the church of Christ. Dead stones live by the flesh and do their own will, living stones live by the spirit and do the will of God!

James 4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God

Romans 8

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be

2 Corinthians 5

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

beloved57

Those who live by lusts of the flesh and live by their own will and not Gods will are God's enemies, those who are a friend of the world, these are the enemies of God. And we are saved by Jesus, through faith by the grace of God, by hearing the word of God that his son delivered to us through the gospel, the ministry of reconciliation, and he lived it out, bringing us a new and living way. He was a living sacrifice, he laid down his life to do the will of God to bring us the gospel with the hope of saving as many as possible that would listen and believe. He was dead to his flesh and alive in the spirit, in the fullness of God, in Gods express image and it's through Jesus and by the word that we are reconciled to God if we believe, repent and obey!

The way of Jesus Christ is the only way to follow, he is our cornerstone and those who are living stones create the church of Christ. Dead stones live by the flesh and do their own will, living stones live by the spirit and do the will of God!

James 4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God

Romans 8

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be

2 Corinthians 5

And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

I'm going to ask you one more time. Please look up the word enemies in Rom 5:10. Use a lexicon or concordance, then share with us that definition.

marhig

I'm going to ask you one more time. Please look up the word enemies in Rom 5:10. Use a lexicon or concordance, then share with us that definition.
I don't care how many times you ask me, I'm quoting the Bible and it says that an enemy of God are those who are a friend of the world and are carnally minded which are those who love their flesh and don't live by the will of God!

Jesus said that his brothers sisters and mother are those who do the will of his father. Those who live by their own will and wilfully sin are workers of iniquity and they are in danger of Jesus saying depart from me, I never knew you!

beloved57

I don't care how many times you ask me, I'm quoting the Bible and it says that an enemy of God are those who are a friend of the world and are carnally minded which are those who love their flesh and don't live by the will of God!

Jesus said that his brothers sisters and mother are those who do the will of his father. Those who live by their own will and wilfully sin are workers of iniquity and they are in danger of Jesus saying depart from me, I never knew you!

Then I'm through with you, since you don't want to discuss my point I made with scripture. Again, those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies, opposing God and hating God! Rom 5:10

marhig

Then I'm through with you, since you don't want to discuss my point I made with scripture. Again, those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies, opposing God and hating God! Rom 5:10
You don't understand the meaning that verse, and you totally ignore all the other verses that tell us that we must repent even Jesus taught this himself. And I believe Jesus before your false teachers.

If you think that you are chosen of God and that you don't have to repent of your sins, and that you can live as you please, then you are very much mistaken, and you are listening to a false teaching that pleases the flesh rather than please God!

beloved57

You don't understand the meaning that verse, and you totally ignore all the other verses that tell us that we must repent even Jesus taught this himself. And I believe Jesus before your false teachers.

If you think that you are chosen of God and that you don't have to repent of your sins, and that you can live as you please, then you are very much mistaken, and you are listening to a false teaching that pleases the flesh rather than please God!

Let me know when you stop running from the Truth Rom 5:10

marhig

Sure you running from it. Here it is Rom 5:10! Now run!

You only ever quote that verse, over and over and over because you have no understanding, and most of the Bible contradicts what you say. So you just stick to the one verse which your false church has twisted to suit the flesh of man.

Jesus said we are to repent, so did his apostles

Jesus

Luke 13

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish

Matthew 4

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 15

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Revelation 2

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent

Revelation 3

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

John the Baptist

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.

Peter

2 Peter 3

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 3

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 2

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And just incase you only believe Paul, like some do here

Paul

Acts 26

But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and [then] to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Acts 17

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.

2 Corinthians 7

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:

And Jesus also taught his disciples to teach this

Mark 6

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

beloved57

You only ever quote that verse, over and over and over because you have no understanding, and most of the Bible contradicts what you say. So you just stick to the one verse which your false church has twisted to suit the flesh of man.

Jesus said we are to repent, so did his apostles

Jesus

Luke 13

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish

Matthew 4

From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Luke 15

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Revelation 2

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent

Revelation 3

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

John the Baptist

Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance.

Peter

2 Peter 3

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 3

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

Acts 2

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

And just incase you only believe Paul, like some do here

Paul

Acts 26

But showed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and [then] to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

Acts 17

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.

2 Corinthians 7

Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance:

And Jesus also taught his disciples to teach this

Mark 6

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city

And they went out, and preached that men should repent.

That One Scripture condemns your false teaching.Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, put in a right relationship with Him, while they are enemies rejecting and hating God. How? By the death of Christ! Rom 5:10

God's Truth

That One Scripture condemns your false teaching.Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, put in a right relationship with Him, while they are enemies rejecting and hating God. How? By the death of Christ! Rom 5:10

God does not save people who hate Him.

Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

1 Samuel 2:30
"Therefore the LORD, the God of Israel, declares: 'I promised that members of your family would minister before me forever.' But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.

beloved57

More on the word of reconciliation!

The World here spoken of here 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

First of all, the World here are a mixture of jew and Gentile Elect! And a aspect of their reconciliation to God is God not imputing, charging or reckoning their sins, trespasses, iniquities unto them.

beloved57

So those Christ hath reconciled, God doesn't impute with sin, even though they sin! They are of these blessed ones spoken of here Rom 4:8

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

This applies to the world of God's Elect here 2 Cor 5:19!How we know that its Gods Elect? Because Paul calls them the Chosen in his first epistle to the Corinthians 1 Cor 1:27-28

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

beloved57

Good News hard to believe

And what might that be ? That sinful men have been reconciled to God while they are enemies! The only condition they must meet is to be, ungodly enemies, opposing God in their minds by wicked works! And still sinners have obtained the Favor of God,Gods Wrath against them for many sins have been appeased. Now how could this be ? Tis because a multitude of Elect sinners, Loved and Chosen by God in Christ before the foundation of the World Ephesians 1:4. Now for them, Christ has discharged all the conditions and qualifications, performances needed for their full reconciliation to God!

Last edited:

Nanja

Good News hard to believe

And what might be ? That sinful men have been reconciled to God while they are enemies! The only condition they must meet is to be, ungodly enemies, opposing God in their minds by wicked works! And still sinners have obtained the Favor of God,Gods Wrath against them for many sins have been appeased. Now how could this be ? Tis because a multitude of Elect sinners, Loved and Chosen by God in Christ before the foundation of the World Ephesians 1:4. Now for them, Christ has discharged all the conditions and qualifications, performances needed for their full reconciliation to God!

Amen Brother! From Everlasting, these particular sinful men were declared to be Righteous, Justified by the Blood of Christ Rev. 13:8 their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22, by non-imputation of sin.

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Rom. 4:6-8

6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Is. 53:6
All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Heb. 13:20-21

20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Epoisses

Jesus has redeemed the whole world and forgiven all sin including the sheep and the goats, the elect and the non-elect. The sheep believe the good news and the goats believe their false prophets like Calvin and Darby.

Truster

PS
1 “The field is the world, and the good seed represents the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,” (see point 2 and 3)

2 “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it”.

3 “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire”.