Reconciled to God while enemies !

Nanja

I was born and raised strict Catholic.

Jesus did not save me until I started to obey him.

So you're saying that you did the good work of obeying and got yourself saved.

But the scripture declares that salvation is not of works Eph. 2:9.

Secondly, you're boasting about it!

James 4:16
But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

God's Truth

So you're saying that you did the good work of obeying and got yourself saved.

But the scripture declares that salvation is not of works Eph. 2:9.

The works spoken of are the purification/ceremonial works. Those are the works that do not save.

Secondly, you're boasting about it!

Jesus' blood cleaned me.

The Jews used to be able to boast in cleaning themselves with circumcision and animal sacrifices.

Now no one can boast in cleaning themselves because Jesus does it.

Jesus cleans those who repent of their sins.

Nanja

The works spoken of are the purification/ceremonial works. Those are the works that do not save.

Jesus' blood cleaned me.

The Jews used to be able to boast in cleaning themselves with circumcision and animal sacrifices.

Now no one can boast in cleaning themselves because Jesus does it.

Jesus cleans those who repent of their sins.

More works salvation!

First you did the good work of repenting, then Jesus cleaned you.

Just more boasting James 4:16!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
More works salvation!

From gotquestions.org

Many understand the term repentance (from the Greek word metanoia) to mean “turning from sin.” This is not the biblical definition of repentance. In the Bible, the word repent means “to change one’s mind.” The Bible also tells us that true repentance will result in a change of actions (Luke 3:8-14; Acts 3:19). Acts 26:20 declares, “I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.” The full biblical definition of repentance is a change of mind that results in a change of action.

What, then, is the connection between repentance and salvation? The Book of Acts seems to especially focus on repentance in regards to salvation (Acts 2:38; 3:19; 11:18; 17:30; 20:21; 26:20). To repent, in relation to salvation, is to change your mind in regard to Jesus Christ. In Peter’s sermon on the day of Pentecost (Acts chapter 2), he concludes with a call for the people to repent (Acts 2:38). Repent from what? Peter is calling the people who rejected Jesus (Acts 2:36) to change their minds about Him, to recognize that He is indeed “Lord and Christ” (Acts 2:36). Peter is calling the people to change their minds from rejection of Christ as the Messiah to faith in Him as both Messiah and Savior.

Repentance and faith can be understood as “two sides of the same coin.” It is impossible to place your faith in Jesus Christ as the Savior without first changing your mind about who He is and what He has done. Whether it is repentance from willful rejection or repentance from ignorance or disinterest, it is a change of mind. Biblical repentance, in relation to salvation, is changing your mind from rejection of Christ to faith in Christ.

It is crucially important that we understand repentance is not a work we do to earn salvation. No one can repent and come to God unless God pulls that person to Himself (John 6:44). Acts 5:31 and 11:18 indicate that repentance is something God gives—it is only possible because of His grace. No one can repent unless God grants repentance. All of salvation, including repentance and faith, is a result of God drawing us, opening our eyes, and changing our hearts. God's longsuffering leads us to repentance (2 Peter 3:9), as does His kindness (Romans 2:4).

While repentance is not a work that earns salvation, repentance unto salvation does result in works. It is impossible to truly and fully change your mind without that causing a change in action. In the Bible, repentance results in a change in behavior. That is why John the Baptist called people to “produce fruit in keeping with repentance” (Matthew 3:8). A person who has truly repented from rejection of Christ to faith in Christ will give evidence of a changed life (2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 5:19-23; James 2:14-26). Repentance, properly defined, is necessary for salvation. Biblical repentance is changing your mind about Jesus Christ and turning to God in faith for salvation (Acts 3:19). Turning from sin is not the definition of repentance, but it is one of the results of genuine, faith-based repentance towards the Lord Jesus Christ.

God's Truth

More works salvation!

Of course, we have to repent to get saved.

Job 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent?

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

If Jesus saves people first then they repent---then why is Jesus rebuking Chorazin and Bethsaida?

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and turn back so that your sins may be wiped out,

Did you read Acts 3:19? If they are already saved then why are their sins not already wiped out?

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

beloved57

Of course, we have to repent to get saved.

Job 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent?

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 2:38 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach this message: “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is near.”

Matthew 11:21 “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

If Jesus saves people first then they repent---then why is Jesus rebuking Chorazin and Bethsaida?

Matthew 12:41 The people of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, because they repented when Jonah preached to them—and now, something greater than Jonah is here!

Mark 4:12 so that although they look they may look but not see, and although they hear they may hear but not understand, so they may not repent and be forgiven.”

Acts 3:19 Therefore repent and turn back so that your sins may be wiped out,

Did you read Acts 3:19? If they are already saved then why are their sins not already wiped out?

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10, they didn't need to repent, obey or anything, they hated and opposed Him.

beloved57

That means the Gentiles enemies did not have to get circumcised.

Lying ! It means enemies. The word means:

exthrós – properly, an enemy; someone openly hostile (at enmity), animated by deep-seated hatred. 2190/exthros ("enemy"), implies irreconcilable hostility, proceeding out of a "personal" hatred bent on inflicting harm

marhig

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10, they didn't need to repent, obey or anything, they hated and opposed Him.

You haven't got a clue, what are you talking about, what kind of church teaches that you don't have to repent? Of course you do, once we hear the word of God we are to believe and repent before anything, how can God forgive us if we don't repent? And once we repent we obey him. You're listening to a false gospel!

Reconciling whilst we were still enemies is hearing the word of God whilst we are in the flesh and living by the lusts of it and we don't know God, is hearing the ministry of reconciliation, and if we believe, then we must repent and obey. You're beliefs are way off track. And if you think that you can just live as you please once you know the living God then you're badly mistaken, if we truly belong to God then we are to deny ourselves and do his will and follow Jesus!

beloved57

You haven't got a clue, what are you talking about, what kind of church teaches that you don't have to repent? Of course you do, once we hear the word of God we are to believe and repent before anything, how can God forgive us if we don't repent? And once we repent we obey him. You're listening to a false gospel!

Reconciling whilst we were still enemies is hearing the word of God whilst we are in the flesh and don't know God, is hearing the ministry of reconciliation, and if we believe, then we must repent and obey. You're beliefs are way off track. And if you think that you can just live as you please once you know the living God then you're badly mistaken, if we truly belong to God then we are to deny ourselves and do his will and follow Jesus!

False teaching:

Heres the truth:

marhig

they didn't need to repent, obey or anything, they hated and opposed Him.

Where does it say this in the Bible? Show me where anyone says that we don't need to repent?

And do you really think that God will forgive that who hate and oppose him?

What kind of false church teaches that?

marhig

I already did.Look up the word enemies in that verse,then tell us what it means.
We are enemies when we are living by the will of the flesh, living to please ourselves not God. That's when we are an enemy of God, when we obey and listen to Satan and live by the lusts of our flesh.

Jesus came and preached the gospel, bringing us the word of God, the ministry of reconciliation to bring us the truth and teach us how live right before God and he lived it out and showed us the way, and he did all this whilst we were still enemies because we loved our flesh. But once we believe and repent and obey God, then we are enemies no more. And once we are born of God and blessed with the holy spirit then we are children of God, so long as we keep his commandments, live by his will and obey him!

You still haven't showed me where it says we don't need to repent, you're going against Jesus who says we do!

beloved57

We are enemies when we are living by the will of the flesh, living to please ourselves not God. That's when we are an enemy of God, when we obey and listen to Satan and live by the lusts of our flesh.

Jesus came and preached the gospel, bringing us the word of God, the ministry of reconciliation to bring us the truth and teach us how live right before God and he lived it out and showed us the way, and he did all this whilst we were still enemies because we loved our flesh. But once we believe and repent and obey God, then we are enemies no more. And once we are born of God and blessed with the holy spirit then we are children of God, so long as we keep his commandments, live by his will and obey him!

You still haven't showed me where it says we don't need to repent, you're going against Jesus who says we do!

What does the word enemies mean ?