Real Science Friday: A Leading Telescope Designer in Studio

Arthur Brain

artie, you've spent countless posts running from the question.

Why be a coward?

Just answer Tom's questions.

It would only be cowardly had I refrained to answer on an appropriate thread for that in question, which I'd repeatedly offered to do and neither him nor you were willing to start one if you were that interested. Even then I'd given Tom an overview but do I have my own counters answered or even addressed, in any way? Nope....

Either start a thread or just spam on as per usual....

Arthur Brain

OK Tom.

I've given the coward what he asked for. So far he's just playing games again.

Ah, you've even saved me linking to it as well! :thumb: Now Tom can get on with answering the questions he should have already, and you can take your spamming somewhere else!

Well, unless you'd like to answer that which Tom has failed to address, being the brave soul you are?

Arthur Brain

no artie, I have no interest in discussing anything with you. You're not stable.

In other words you aren't brave enough to respond and resort back to lame name calling as cop out. If you weren't interested you wouldn't have engaged in dialogue on this thread let alone start one. You can take those accusations of cowardice to your mirror you hypocritical troll. As soon as it falls on you to show conviction this is what we get. Typical....

Arthur Brain

:chuckle: Goodness, you are an excitable boy, aren't you?

Calling it as it is dude. You're the coward and hypocrite here. You've no guts to engage in discussion when your own views are put to the test. This is all you ever have as deflection. Moronic little insults on a loop.

Arthur Brain

artie, I engage my own views in discussion frequently.

Just not with silly little tards like you.

And way to prove my point. If you had any guts you'd give your own opinions as to why the needy should be treat uncharitably instead of jumping on Tom's coat tails to simply snark. Yet you won't, because doing so doesn't involve kindergarten insults and deflection which is about the only thing you're comfortable with it seems.

You're a hypocrite for accusing me of cowardice and a coward for having no conviction for your own view when questions are put to you. You started the dialogue dude and you started the other thread. You were answered, and all there in black and white....

:e4e:

TeeJay

=Jukia;2780760]No, I think my beer standard is pretty good. For me to waste my time having a beer with someone as clearly evil as you is wrong. And I need to live up to my standard so I'm gonna put you on ignore.

Buh-Bye

Jukia,

You say that you are going to live up to your standard. Suppose I have a different standard. Who can say my standard is better or worse than your standard?

Tom

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2780599]Tom writes:
If I agree with you, the best I can hope for is Purgatory. Since you're spouting Scripture, can you give me a Bible verse for Purgatory--other than Augustine or one of the popes.

So, if you're logically consistent, you also reject the Trinity.

Barb,

You entrusting your eternal soul to the concept of Purgatory. Surely you must be able to give a Bible verse from the KJV to support this?

Tom

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2780950]Well don't you believe that atheists cannot hold to any moral foundation? Are you being pedantic or something? Else what's with all this stuff about how atheists can't use a moral standard to judge?

Typical how you only address one part and conveniently ignore everything else as well. What's the matter? Do you not have the courage of your convictions to answer the challenges?

:plain:

AB,

I will ask again. Show me where I said what you say I said.

Tom

Arthur Brain

AB,

I will ask again. Show me where I said what you say I said.

Tom

Your quote: "In an atheist worldview, you have no standing to judge any behavior right or wrong". If you want any further elaboration then have the decency to answer my own questions that have been awaiting days as it is. SOD's started a thread regarding my beliefs in his 'inimitable' manner so take that there and start justifying your uncharitable attitude towards your fellow man.

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2781053]Ah, you've even saved me linking to it as well! :thumb: Now Tom can get on with answering the questions he should have already, and you can take your spamming somewhere else!

Well, unless you'd like to answer that which Tom has failed to address, being the brave soul you are?

AB,

You're a Universalist! Why didn't you say so? Everyone is going to heaven, whether we feed the "smelly creatures" or whether we don't. Jesus really did not have to die on the Cross for those who accept Him because He is going to accept those who reject Him.

Since you believe in a god, here is a quick Bible lesson. Under Jewish law, not every "smelly creature" who did not want to work could beg. For a person to beg on the street or at the temple, that person had to be veted by Israel leaders and proved that he was unable to work. The big strong street people you see in Dallas, TX would not qualify and would not be given special beggar coats to wear.

Now you don't really love those street people. If you did, you would not take away their motivation to work. But you need them so that you can feel self-righteous when you give them a fiver to buy some cheap wine. If you really loved them, you would let them get hungry. Hunger is a great motivation to work.

Your religious belief is utterly false. If you're right, Jesus did not have to go to the Cross, for everyone will be saved in the end anyway. And if Bill and Hillary get to heaven, they would make heaven hell. God is not so cruel as to force Christians live with Bill and Hillary. I heard a Baptist minister say the other day that Jezebell was almost as wicked as Hillary.

AB, Do you believe that Jesus Christ is God?

Tom

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2781191]Your quote: "In an atheist worldview, you have no standing to judge any behavior right or wrong". If you want any further elaboration then have the decency to answer my own questions that have been awaiting days as it is. SOD's started a thread regarding my beliefs in his 'inimitable' manner so take that there and start justifying your uncharitable attitude towards your fellow man.

AB,

So you misquoted me. Right?

Tom

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tom tries a different ploy.

Since you're spouting Scripture, can you give me a Bible verse for Purgatory--other than Augustine or one of the popes.

Barbarian chuckles:
So, if you're logically consistent, you also reject the Trinity, since there's no verse supporting the Trinity.

(Tom can't find one)

Surely you must be able to give a Bible verse from the KJV to support this?

Nope. Nothing at all about the Trinity. If you're honest with yourself, you'll admit that your purported standard rules out the Trinity.

Logically, you've painted yourself into the Arian corner.

Arthur Brain

AB,

You're a Universalist! Why didn't you say so? Everyone is going to heaven, whether we feed the "smelly creatures" or whether we don't. Jesus really did not have to die on the Cross for those who accept Him because He is going to accept those who reject Him.

There's no need for you to put "smelly creatures" in inverted commas Tom. It was your description of the homeless and there was no irony about it, nor should my particular belief enter into how those who suffer misfortune on this plane should be treat either. If you want to tag me as a 'universalist' then hey, go for it though I don't ascribe to any labels. You should be taking any objections to the thread SOD so 'kindly' started which was kinda the point so as not to derail this convo any further.

Since you believe in a god, here is a quick Bible lesson. Under Jewish law, not every "smelly creature" who did not want to work could beg. For a person to beg on the street or at the temple, that person had to be veted by Israel leaders and proved that he was unable to work. The big strong street people you see in Dallas, TX would not qualify and would not be given special beggar coats to wear.

Please stop putting "smelly creatures" in inverted commas Tom. You described them as such so either retract the description or just leave such without. We don't live under Jewish law Tom and those for the time could hardly apply to now due to the abundance of changes in suburban society alone. Do you think Paul expected his words to be taken literally in todays cities unlike the communities he was seemingly referring to?

And please spare me this 'big strong people' as if all on the streets are Arnold Schwarzanegger and they're all sleeping rough for a laugh. Do you think physical size is an indication of broken homes, abuse or mental illness? There's plenty homeless folk who are very young, skinny, scared and with problems as there are adults. Do you deny that?

Now you don't really love those street people. If you did, you would not take away their motivation to work. But you need them so that you can feel self-righteous when you give them a fiver to buy some cheap wine. If you really loved them, you would let them get hungry. Hunger is a great motivation to work.

If you want to talk self righteousness then take a look in the mirror. I don't know what it's like to sleep rough Tom but it doesn't take a genius to realize it's far from a picnic. Plenty of these people are in desperate need of aid and plenty die to exposure in the winter as well as other dangers. You seem to think that they can all just walk into a job even if they were capable of work. You need one giant wake up call....

Tell me again, did the rich man do the right thing by denying a dying man covered in sores the crumbs off his table? Would you have only given him food if he was willing to work? Would you have taken care of him until he was able?

Your religious belief is utterly false. If you're right, Jesus did not have to go to the Cross, for everyone will be saved in the end anyway. And if Bill and Hillary get to heaven, they would make heaven hell. God is not so cruel as to force Christians live with Bill and Hillary. I heard a Baptist minister say the other day that Jezebell was almost as wicked as Hillary.

AB, Do you believe that Jesus Christ is God?

Tom

Take objections and questions to the thread SOD started Tom, that's what it's there for after all. I could care less about your own hangups with politicians as it's completely besides any point.

:e4e: