Real Science Friday: A Leading Telescope Designer in Studio

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2780252]I'll let Jesus do that.

Barb,

You judged me for being judgmental. What's astonishing is that you are unaware that you're doing it.

And out of all I posted, you responded to just this. Shame on you!

Question: Did Jesus teach not to judge? Please answer with Scripture.

Tom

Arthur Brain

fool,

A cogent argument as to "why" I'm wrong would be helpful. Again, no absolute morality can be justified in an atheist worldview. You are an accident of random chance chemicals. Morality is non-contradictory, and some particular action can't be both moral and immoral in the same way. To embrace opposing sides of a moral issue at the same time means to be immoral. Any view that permits morality to be founded on arbitrariness fails. But this is what an atheist is forced to do. Why? Because no behavior can be absolutely right or wrong in an atheist worldview. For an atheist to admit to any absolutism, he must accept God. This he can't do and remain true to atheism.

Neither can you justify the use of logic. Now I'm not arguing that you do not use logic. But when you do so, you are inconsistent with your worldview where only matter and energy exist. The laws of logic are not physical and are not part of the physical universe.

So when you use logic you are borrowing from the theist worldview and using God's laws of logic which are not physical to argue that there is nothing bu the physical. When you do so, you are being inconsistent, irrational, and arbitrary and you affirm theism true and your worldview false.

Tom

Lets just say for the sake of argument you actually had a point here.....

What's excusing you for your uncharitable attitude and ignorant judgements against all those on the streets Tom? This would include Lazarus and his own misfortune. You've not answered any of this at all so unless I'm on your ignore list then what's going on?

:plain:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tom continues to show his disregard for God's word:

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Get right with God before it's too late, Tom.

TeeJay

=Arthur Brain;2780048]The way Tom judges at present he wouldn't be any good at it anyway....

All the homeless are just 'smelly creatures' apparently...

He'd have given Lazarus food if he would work despite the fact he was half dead and wouldn't be able to until fed and nursed back to health.

I'm either an atheist or a Mormon which isn't the case (moron would have been more apt to beat anyone else to the punch)

Atheists have no sense of morality etc....

Typical zealous soapbox stuff with no bearing on reality....

AB,

"Atheists have no sense of morality etc....." Show me where I posted that.

Tom

TeeJay

Arthur Brain;2780296]Lets just say for the sake of argument you actually had a point here.....

What's excusing you for your uncharitable attitude and ignorant judgements against all those on the streets Tom? This would include Lazarus and his own misfortune. You've not answered any of this at all so unless I'm on your ignore list then what's going on?

AB,

In your "other" worldview, what would be wrong with being uncharitable?

Tom

TeeJay

=Jukia;2780410]I'll do that. You are a pretentious, presumptious jerk, with little regard for the real teaching of Christianity. Your attitude toward those in need makes you feel superior and feeds your ego. Feel better now?

Jukia,

What is your standard or foundation for judging me right or wrong?

Tom

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2780415]Tom continues to show his disregard for God's word:

Get right with God before it's too late, Tom.

Barb,

If I agree with you, the best I can hope for is Purgatory. Since you're spouting Scripture, can you give me a Bible verse for Purgatory--other than Augustine or one of the popes.

Tom

TeeJay

=Jukia;2780561]I would not even want to have a beer with you. Use that for a standard.

Jukia,

Then you admit you have no standard. If no standard, then you are left only with preferences. You may prefer this or that behavior, but you can't really say anything is wrong.

See Post 280. Answer if you care to.

Tom

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tom writes:
If I agree with you, the best I can hope for is Purgatory. Since you're spouting Scripture, can you give me a Bible verse for Purgatory--other than Augustine or one of the popes.

So, if you're logically consistent, you also reject the Trinity.

Jukia

Jukia,

Then you admit you have no standard. If no standard, then you are left only with preferences. You may prefer this or that behavior, but you can't really say anything is wrong.

See Post 280. Answer if you care to.

Tom

No, I think my beer standard is pretty good. For me to waste my time having a beer with someone as clearly evil as you is wrong. And I need to live up to my standard so I'm gonna put you on ignore.

Buh-Bye

some other dude

a confused barbie scurries to seem relevant
Tom writes:

So, if you're logically consistent, you also reject the Trinity.

:mock:barbie, who is so unaccustomed to discussing theology after ten years on a theology site that he doesn't realize that when asked for "a bible verse for Purgatory", it's common practice to supply a bible verse that supports the concept of Purgatory.

Arthur Brain

AB,

In your "other" worldview, what would be wrong with being uncharitable?

Tom

Stop being a wuss and answer my questions Tom. I've told you before, if you're that interested in what I believe then start a thread on it and I'll answer you there. Quit deflecting and squirming out of answering the points on this one. It's as transparent as glass...

Arthur Brain

AB,

"Atheists have no sense of morality etc....." Show me where I posted that.

Tom

Well don't you believe that atheists cannot hold to any moral foundation? Are you being pedantic or something? Else what's with all this stuff about how atheists can't use a moral standard to judge?

Typical how you only address one part and conveniently ignore everything else as well. What's the matter? Do you not have the courage of your convictions to answer the challenges?