Real Science Friday: A Leading Telescope Designer in Studio

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2778508]In other words, "if you disagree with Tom, you must be wrong." We understand that's your thinking. We just think it's funny.

You argue with God. The latter seems like a bigger error to me, seeing as fallible humans make axioms.

As long as you reject His word, you'll be angry at those of us who accept it.

Barb,

You thought it funny that I will be your judge on judgment day. I asked you if you would like me to provide supporting Scripture. You did not answer. Why?

Tom

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tom, you can preen and pretend to be God all you like. But God is not mocked.

There will be an accounting for that. God says Jesus will come to judge the living and the dead. You hope that He'll demote Jesus and promote you.

And it's not hard to know why. You denied what Jesus says about how He will judge us.

Better get right with God before it's too late, Tom.

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2778739]Tom, you can preen and pretend to be God all you like. But God is not mocked.

There will be an accounting for that. God says Jesus will come to judge the living and the dead. You hope that He'll demote Jesus and promote you.

And it's not hard to know why. You denied what Jesus says about how He will judge us.

Better get right with God before it's too late, Tom.

Barb,

Again, would you like Scripture?

Tom

Arthur Brain

Well considering I'm neither an atheist or a Mormon I have no need to defend against either unfounded assertion Tom. As before, if you want to know so much then start a thread about it or PM, instead of using it to deflect away from answering my questions on this one.

Hello? Tom? Are you going to be honest enough to address stuff?

:idunno:

some other dude

:mock:barbie, who thinks Jesus is wrong

:think: Well, maybe barbie's right. Jesus is certainly going to be wrong for barbie when he stands before Him.

TeeJay

=fool;2778861]Wrong question.

The correct question is:

What should those around be doing?

fool,

In an atheist worldview, anything they want to do. In your worldview, there is no "ought."

Tom

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2778915]Sure Tom. Show us how Jesus is wrong.

Barb,

Before I post this, take off your Catholic glasses, fasten your seatbest, and put your seat in the upright position. Realize that Paul got all his teachng from Jesus Christ in a private Bible study and he did not get this from Peter (Galatians).

"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?" 1 Cor. 6:2-3

what Jesus said:

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or, how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Mat. 7:1-5

Here, Jesus is not telling us to refrain from judging. He’s telling us how to judge. Jesus Christ did not want us to leave our brother with the speck in his eye, or the plank. But, He did not want us judging others for sin while we are just as guilty or guiltier. We know that the Pharisees plotted to trap Jesus when they brought the woman caught in adultery. But none of her accusers was worthy to judge her. Jesus made this clear: “He who is free from sin, cast the first stone.” Jesus did not say that this woman, who was guilty of adultery, should not be judged. Under the Law, she should have been judged guilty and executed (along with her lover). But these Pharisees were not interested in Godly justice. Their motive was to trap Jesus Christ, for the Roman authorities had taken away Israel’s authority to execute. God did not grant authority to human government to show mercy or commute the death penalty (Num. 35:31; Deut. 19:13, 21; Pro. 6:30-31). But, Jesus Christ, as God, has this authority, and He condemned the self-righteous Pharisees and forgave the repentant woman and commuted her death penalty. This single act by Jesus did not negate the death penalty. Today, we should still judge and execute those who violate God’s death penalty laws.

To the Jews God said, “If you will walk in My ways, and if you will keep My command, then you shall also judge My house” (Zech 3:7). Are members of the Body of Christ today less capable than Israel whom God commanded to “judge righteously” (Deut. 1:16-17; Lev. 19:15)? Moses appointed the head of one out of every ten households as a judge (Ex. 18:25; Deut. 1:15). Should Christians toss out the entire book of Judges? Should America eliminate all judges, or should just the Christian judges resign? Should believers ignore Paul’s admonition:

“Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that you shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? I say this to your shame. Is it so that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?” (1 Cor. 6:2-5).

Notice that Christians “will judge the world!” (1 Cor. 6:2). For Paul said, “If the world will be judged by you. . .” God, the Great High Judge, delegates judgment to His people. Even spirit beings will submit to believers: “Do you not know that we shall judge angels?” Then and now, believers should “ judge. . . according to My judgments” (Ezek. 44:24) as God said. The Almighty commits judgment into the hands of His obedient servants (Rev. 20:4).

Jesus cautioned His followers, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves” (Mat. 7:15). How are we to rebuke false prophets, unless we judge? Paul judged a sexually immoral man in the Corinthian Church and ordered him kicked out (1 Cor. 5:1-3). James wrote, “Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins” (James 5:19-20). How are we to let a sinner know that he has wandered from the truth, unless we first judge? Paul judged and rebuked Peter to his face and openly before others (Gal. 2:11-14). Paul advised Timothy, “Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear” (1 Tim. 5:20).

Sins of Some Follow Later

If God were the only Judge, the sins of all men would be “clearly evident, preceding them to judgment” (1 Tim. 5:24a). But because human beings will judge their fellow men on Judgment Day, therefore the sins “of some men follow later” (1 Tim. 5:24b). The human judges will already have been aware of the sins of notorious men. But they will not learn of the sins of obscure men until they are revealed at Judgment Day. Also, these human judges will then become aware of the sins of leaders, celebrities, and even family members who had carefully concealed their wickedness.

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, may have known of this. For he said, “the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints to execute judgment on all” (Jude 14:15). The Lord, with His saints, will judge the world!

Even Nineveh Will Judge

Jesus too said, “The men of Nineveh will rise in the judgment with this generation and condemn it. . .” (Mat. 12:41). And as Solomon wrote, “jealously is a husband’s fury; therefore, he will not spare [the adulterer who violated his wife] in the day of vengeance. He will accept no recompense nor will he be appeased” (Prov. 6:34-35). God gives the responsibility for vengeance, condemnation, and judgment to His servants for “every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord” (Isa. 54:17).

Being Nonjudgmental and Self-righteous Feels So Good!

Today, many believers are effectively saying, “Lord, thanks but no thanks. I’ll pass on that judgment duty. Besides, this self-righteous, nonjudgmental philosophy feels good!” But Paul responds, Start judging now, because you will need the practice (1 Cor. 6:2-5). Remember, “He who is spiritual judges all things. For. . . we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:15-16). And God will reward those who judge, and do the hard work: “Those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and a good blessing will come upon them” (Prov. 24:25).

How Long O Lord?

Will the slain students in a school shooting be forgiving or judgmental toward their unrepentant murderer? “How long O Lord before You avenge our blood?” (Rev. 6:10). Nicer-than-God, nonjudgmental Christians are quick to judge the martyrs who cry for vengeance while forgiving the murderer.

Hopefully the Body of Christ will see the Judge not cliché die in the near future before more Christian soldiers are taken out of the battle. And hopefully it will be replaced with, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24).

Tom

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Tom cites:
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or, how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” Mat. 7:1-5

You have no sense of irony at all, do you, Tom?

Jesus says that He will judge us. You deny what He says. And that's pretty much all that has to be said about it.

some other dude

Barb,

Before I post this, take off your Catholic glasses, fasten your seatbest, and put your seat in the upright position. Realize that Paul got all his teachng from Jesus Christ in a private Bible study and he did not get this from Peter (Galatians).

"Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?" 1 Cor. 6:2-3

what Jesus said:

Here, Jesus is not telling us to refrain from judging. He’s telling us how to judge. Jesus Christ did not want us to leave our brother with the speck in his eye, or the plank. But, He did not want us judging others for sin while we are just as guilty or guiltier. We know that the Pharisees plotted to trap Jesus when they brought the woman caught in adultery. But none of her accusers was worthy to judge her. Jesus made this clear: “He who is free from sin, cast the first stone.” Jesus did not say that this woman, who was guilty of adultery, should not be judged. Under the Law, she should have been judged guilty and executed (along with her lover). But these Pharisees were not interested in Godly justice. Their motive was to trap Jesus Christ, for the Roman authorities had taken away Israel’s authority to execute. God did not grant authority to human government to show mercy or commute the death penalty (Num. 35:31; Deut. 19:13, 21; Pro. 6:30-31). But, Jesus Christ, as God, has this authority, and He condemned the self-righteous Pharisees and forgave the repentant woman and commuted her death penalty. This single act by Jesus did not negate the death penalty. Today, we should still judge and execute those who violate God’s death penalty laws.

To the Jews God said, “If you will walk in My ways, and if you will keep My command, then you shall also judge My house” (Zech 3:7). Are members of the Body of Christ today less capable than Israel whom God commanded to “judge righteously” (Deut. 1:16-17; Lev. 19:15)? Moses appointed the head of one out of every ten households as a judge (Ex. 18:25; Deut. 1:15). Should Christians toss out the entire book of Judges? Should America eliminate all judges, or should just the Christian judges resign? Should believers ignore Paul’s admonition:

“Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that you shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? I say this to your shame. Is it so that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?” (1 Cor. 6:2-5).

Notice that Christians “will judge the world!” (1 Cor. 6:2). For Paul said, “If the world will be judged by you. . .” God, the Great High Judge, delegates judgment to His people. Even spirit beings will submit to believers: “Do you not know that we shall judge angels?” Then and now, believers should “ judge. . . according to My judgments” (Ezek. 44:24) as God said. The Almighty commits judgment into the hands of His obedient servants (Rev. 20:4).

Jesus cautioned His followers, “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves” (Mat. 7:15). How are we to rebuke false prophets, unless we judge? Paul judged a sexually immoral man in the Corinthian Church and ordered him kicked out (1 Cor. 5:1-3). James wrote, “Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins” (James 5:19-20). How are we to let a sinner know that he has wandered from the truth, unless we first judge? Paul judged and rebuked Peter to his face and openly before others (Gal. 2:11-14). Paul advised Timothy, “Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear” (1 Tim. 5:20).

Sins of Some Follow Later

If God were the only Judge, the sins of all men would be “clearly evident, preceding them to judgment” (1 Tim. 5:24a). But because human beings will judge their fellow men on Judgment Day, therefore the sins “of some men follow later” (1 Tim. 5:24b). The human judges will already have been aware of the sins of notorious men. But they will not learn of the sins of obscure men until they are revealed at Judgment Day. Also, these human judges will then become aware of the sins of leaders, celebrities, and even family members who had carefully concealed their wickedness.

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, may have known of this. For he said, “the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints to execute judgment on all” (Jude 14:15). The Lord, with His saints, will judge the world!

Even Nineveh Will Judge

Jesus too said, “The men of Nineveh will rise in the judgment with this generation and condemn it. . .” (Mat. 12:41). And as Solomon wrote, “jealously is a husband’s fury; therefore, he will not spare [the adulterer who violated his wife] in the day of vengeance. He will accept no recompense nor will he be appeased” (Prov. 6:34-35). God gives the responsibility for vengeance, condemnation, and judgment to His servants for “every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord” (Isa. 54:17).

Being Nonjudgmental and Self-righteous Feels So Good!

Today, many believers are effectively saying, “Lord, thanks but no thanks. I’ll pass on that judgment duty. Besides, this self-righteous, nonjudgmental philosophy feels good!” But Paul responds, Start judging now, because you will need the practice (1 Cor. 6:2-5). Remember, “He who is spiritual judges all things. For. . . we have the mind of Christ” (1 Cor. 2:15-16). And God will reward those who judge, and do the hard work: “Those who rebuke the wicked will have delight, and a good blessing will come upon them” (Prov. 24:25).

How Long O Lord?

Will the slain students in a school shooting be forgiving or judgmental toward their unrepentant murderer? “How long O Lord before You avenge our blood?” (Rev. 6:10). Nicer-than-God, nonjudgmental Christians are quick to judge the martyrs who cry for vengeance while forgiving the murderer.

Hopefully the Body of Christ will see the Judge not cliché die in the near future before more Christian soldiers are taken out of the battle. And hopefully it will be replaced with, “Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment” (John 7:24).

Tom

Good try Tom.

I guess barbie's mind starts to wander after a few sentences.

Arthur Brain

Tom cites:

Jesus says that He will judge us. You deny what He says. And that's pretty much all that has to be said about it.

The way Tom judges at present he wouldn't be any good at it anyway....

All the homeless are just 'smelly creatures' apparently...

He'd have given Lazarus food if he would work despite the fact he was half dead and wouldn't be able to until fed and nursed back to health.

I'm either an atheist or a Mormon which isn't the case (moron would have been more apt to beat anyone else to the punch)

Atheists have no sense of morality etc....

Typical zealous soapbox stuff with no bearing on reality....

:plain:

TeeJay

=The Barbarian;2780031]Tom cites:

Barb,

Are you judging me?

Tom

TeeJay

=fool;2779931]WRONG
Would you like to try again?

fool,

A cogent argument as to "why" I'm wrong would be helpful. Again, no absolute morality can be justified in an atheist worldview. You are an accident of random chance chemicals. Morality is non-contradictory, and some particular action can't be both moral and immoral in the same way. To embrace opposing sides of a moral issue at the same time means to be immoral. Any view that permits morality to be founded on arbitrariness fails. But this is what an atheist is forced to do. Why? Because no behavior can be absolutely right or wrong in an atheist worldview. For an atheist to admit to any absolutism, he must accept God. This he can't do and remain true to atheism.

Neither can you justify the use of logic. Now I'm not arguing that you do not use logic. But when you do so, you are inconsistent with your worldview where only matter and energy exist. The laws of logic are not physical and are not part of the physical universe.

So when you use logic you are borrowing from the theist worldview and using God's laws of logic which are not physical to argue that there is nothing bu the physical. When you do so, you are being inconsistent, irrational, and arbitrary and you affirm theism true and your worldview false.

Tom