Re: Bob Enyart

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Would you like to know what NANG stands for?

Where? When?

Must have missed it!

Impugn the character of Bob?

Just because I would like to talk to him?

You are revealing the obvious paranoia of the OVT people, IMO.

Can't discuss Scripture with persons who apparently are too busy for such discussions . . .

Nang
Come on, give me a break! You said you want AMR to debate Bob because what you really wish is to see someone show up Bob, that seems to be your motive. I think it is a bit dishonest; why not debate someone here rather than basking in your narcissistic glory by having someone else do the work for you?

Get real, act your age:idea:

Last edited:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
That's o.k.

I have decided I don't want to talk with Bob.

Because, after reading more of his past debates, I conclude he would just talk at me, and not with me.

I am much too busy for that . . .

Nang

You were so concerned that he doesn't post here often, but as soon as I suggested a very simple way to talk to him you changed your mind and got all busy and stuff. Funny how the timing of things works out.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
I am much too busy for that . . .

Nang

Yet you have all kinds of time to snivel about where Bob might be found at TOL, for days on end.

You have an average of 7 posts per day on TOL and 780 posts total since you joined TOL in May. Those are really high numbers.

TRUST ME. You have PLENTY of time to make a 5 or 10 minite call to Bob 's show!:chew:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yet you have all kinds of time to snivel about where Bob might be found at TOL, for days on end.

You have an average of 7 posts per day on TOL and 780 posts total since you joined TOL in May. Those are really high numbers.

TRUST ME. You have PLENTY of time to make a 5 or 10 minite call to Bob 's show!:chew:

I'll buy NANG a one year bronze superscription if she calls BEL.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I find it funny how she thinks this is all about the OV crowd, when I can name at least three OVers who disagree with Bob on everything else he's known for, except for the things all Christians agree on. In fact, they even disagree with him about eternal security, a point which Nang agrees with Bob on.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Whoa!

Cool offer.

Nang?

Whoa!

I have learned there is a lack of a sense of humor around here . . .

No thank you Shimei and Knight. I do not take bribes.

And I am not easily distracted.

I think it would be nice if the person that is referred to so often, would contribute once in a while on these forums. It would be interesting to see him interact (non-debate) on our ordinary level, don't you think?

(Does Bob have a sense of humor?)

Perhaps he has in the past, but being a newbie, I have missed out.

Oh well . . .

Nang

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think it would be nice if the person that is referred to so often, would contribute once in a while on these forums. It would be interesting to see him interact (non-debate) on our ordinary level, don't you think?
Bob does contribute to TOL once in a while.

(Does Bob have a sense of humor?)
I think so, although humor is a bit subjective.

Perhaps he has in the past, but being a newbie, I have missed out.

Oh well . . .

Nang
Bob's last post on TOL was 9 days ago. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure you aren't THAT much of a "newbie".

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whoa!

No thank you Shimei and Knight. I do not take bribes.

And I am not easily distracted.

:chicken:

And what does buying you a subscription have to with being distracted? It would just be a reward and an incentive for you to confront Bob on a call in talk show.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Nang wants me to be open, but everything else settled

Nang wants me to be open, but everything else settled

Nang said:
I think it would be nice if the person who is referred to so often, would contribute once in a while on these forums. It would be interesting to see him interact... (Does Bob have a sense of humor?)

:nono::IA::madmad::down::noway:
:mad::yawn::Clete::stuck:

Dear Nag, I am please to make your acquaintance.

By reading only the last few posts, I’ve noticed that you believe that every detail of the past had been previously settled, but also that I haven't participated enough at TOL. :confused:

-Bob Enyart :bannana:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

My name is Nang, but pleased to meet you, too.

Why all the little smilies? Can you really feel all those ways all at one time?

By reading only the last few posts, I’ve noticed that you believe that every detail of the past had been previously settled, but also that I haven't participated enough at TOL. :confused:

It was preordained by God that you read my posts, and respond on this date.

Isn't that exciting to contemplate?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:rotfl:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
My name is Nang, but pleased to meet you, too.

Why all the little smilies? Can you really feel all those ways all at one time?

Isn't that exciting to contemplate?
If it was preordained that Bob would read and respond on this date, why in the world was it preordained that you would whine about it until now?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

:crackup:

God preordained me to crack up at this statement so if anybody has a problem with it, you can take it up with Him.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Bob,

Could you be so kind as to explain your confidence in the eschaton and the realization of God's ultimate glory given unsettled theism's tenets regarding God's exhaustive foreknowledge?

If God is genuinely responsive to humans and to the course of history, and if God cannot infallibly know the future free decisions of man, it is in principle impossible for God to know infallibly what He will do in the future as well.

Where then lies your confidence that God's ultimate purposes will be realized?

EDIT: Also, some unsettled theists hold that God can occasionally overrule the free will of His creatures. That is, God can coercively make some things happen to ensure that His ultimate glory is realized. What is your position on this? Do you believe that God will always respect the free will of His creatures or that God will, albeit rarely, overrule the free will of a person or persons?

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Bob,

Could you be so kind as to explain your confidence in the eschaton and the realization of God's ultimate glory given unsettled theism's tenets regarding God's exhaustive foreknowledge?

If God is genuinely responsive to humans and to the course of history, and if God cannot infallibly know the future free decisions of man, it is in principle impossible for God to know infallibly what He will do in the future as well.

Where then lies your confidence that God's ultimate purposes will be realized?
That does not follow at all. I don't know the future but if I say I am leaving work at 5:00pm and I do, my lack of knowledge of the future did not prevent from doing what I said I would do. You don't need to know the future to say your are going to do something and do it.

Now, we are not God so we can be prevented from doing what we say by circumstances that are beyond our control. However, there are no circumstances that are beyond God's control. Indeed, God is in control. God's control does not require that He predestine everything. Instead, God works out all things according to His will.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If it was preordained that Bob would read and respond on this date, why in the world was it preordained that you would whine about it until now?

God works in all things . . .even my "whining" . . .to fulfill His purposes.

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out." Romans 12:33

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Indeed, God is in control. God's control does not require that He predestine everything. Instead, God works out all things according to His will.

Eh?

If God is in control, and God works out all things according to His will, what are you questioning?

(BTW, be careful with your language. "Predestine" is not exactly synonomous with "preordain.")

AMR's question of Bob is very good and on point, and succinctly presented. Why don't we wait to see if Bob wants to present a good and succinct answer.

Nang

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God works in all things . . .even my "whining" . . .to fulfill His purposes.

"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out." Romans 12:33

Wow! God predestine Nag to whine to show the depth of the riches of His wisdom and knowledge. :freak:

:chz4brnz: