Rapture Ready

ZacharyB

Sorry, but those waiting to be raptured will experience ...
1) tremendous persecution during the great tribulation of the antichrist
2) tremendous pressure to take the mark of the beast

If you fail to endure in your faith during these horrendous times,
you will lose any salvation that you might already have.

Believers (saints) who have not been slaughtered during the great tribulation
will be raptured out of here immediately after the last (7th) trumpet sounds,
which is just prior to the wrath of God being poured out on the earth and
upon those who hate God (those who refuse to repent).

SaulToPaul 2

Sorry, but those waiting to be raptured will experience ...
1) tremendous persecution during the great tribulation of the antichrist
2) tremendous pressure to take the mark of the beast

If you fail to endure in your faith during these horrendous times,
you will lose any salvation that you might already have.

Believers (saints) who have not been slaughtered during the great tribulation
will be raptured out of here immediately after the last (7th) trumpet sounds,
which is just prior to the wrath of God being poured out on the earth and
upon those who hate God (those who refuse to repent).

Nah.

Interplanner

A school of thought does not necessarily always refer to an actual, literal school.

For a metaphorist, you sure get tripped up by analogy :chuckle:

I understood that school referred to a system of thought/doctrine and I doubt I belong to preterist, from the criticisms I read here. They have several goofy beliefs about AD 70, if the criticisms are correct.

Interplanner

Way too much thought has gone into the issue. There's just the one reference in the early Thess letter that said it was talking about the disaster in Israel, and there's too much 'inserting' here or there in the Rev as though you could use the Rev as a timeline or as a basis for grounding a doctrine.

The actual material on a rapture is way too weak for developing anything and it merely attracts inexperienced believers because it seems to fill a need for spectacularity.

SaulToPaul 2

Way too much thought has gone into the issue. There's just the one reference in the early Thess letter that said it was talking about the disaster in Israel, and there's too much 'inserting' here or there in the Rev as though you could use the Rev as a timeline or as a basis for grounding a doctrine.

The actual material on a rapture is way too weak for developing anything and it merely attracts inexperienced believers because it seems to fill a need for spectacularity.

Oh.

SaulToPaul 2

Those Rambo types, expecting to go through the time of Jacob's trouble(Genesis 32:7 KJV), remind me of Fred Plummer, Mayor-tough guy acts.

They sure do. Bad news for them is if they reject the gospel of Christ now, God will send them a strong delusion during that time of trouble and cause them to believe the lie. There will be no more carefree hours or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them.

Interplanner

They sure do. Bad news for them is if they reject the gospel of Christ now, God will send them a strong delusion during that time of trouble and cause them to believe the lie. There will be no more carefree hours or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for them.

The time of extreme trouble was the destruction of Jerusalem. The strong delusion was a perfect description of those in Israel who did not respond properly to the apostles appeal to be Christ's missionaries.

Interplanner

Is this typical of Acts 9 dispensationalism?

The way I read it, Paul calls on the church to follow him in continuing to act as sacrifices and suffering for and on behalf of others in the world. (e.g. Colossians 1:24)

Yes, you are supposed to help your neighbor have clear air and water; this does not mean you are supposed to support a massive centralized government to do so.

Interplanner

Good response. I'm glad you see that. It is a total waste of thought, research, effort. There is no basis in theology historically (what the leaders of the church have thought and taught down through time) for the amount of attention it now has. It referred to an outcome in the episode of the destruction of Israel when the belief was that the final judgement was immediately after that. But there was an allowance made for delay in the day of judgement, and there has been, and there is no attention needed on the subject. Unless of course, you are dying to know how living believers vs dead believers will be transformed into the NHNE. As though God would have some problem doing so without informing you.

SaulToPaul 2

Good response. I'm glad you see that. It is a total waste of thought, research, effort. There is no basis in theology historically (what the leaders of the church have thought and taught down through time) for the amount of attention it now has. It referred to an outcome in the episode of the destruction of Israel when the belief was that the final judgement was immediately after that. But there was an allowance made for delay in the day of judgement, and there has been, and there is no attention needed on the subject. Unless of course, you are dying to know how living believers vs dead believers will be transformed into the NHNE. As though God would have some problem doing so without informing you.

Oh.

john w

Hall of Fame

Well said, Mayor! And no more carefree hours; no more doin' what you want to when you want to!