Rapture Ready

Interplanner

There is no 'rapture', there is only 'perseverance of the saints'.

Take a big step back, and reread the scriptures.

Before the 17th century there was no concept of a rapture. You see only what you want to see, and you have the nerve to bend theologians' words. But this is what they saw, and only this:

Revelation 2:10
Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

God would not leave behind any man willing, and you put yourself on a pedestal above such?
:nono:

The 17th cent.? Can you make a historical reference there? I'm not aware of any. I'm not aware of it showing up in Ribera. But it did through Miss MacDonald and the Brethren. The kind of rapture that rescued from an immediate danger (in Thess but not in I cor 15) had to do with fleeing the 1st century destruction of Israel through the anti-leadership of the son of perdition, etc. It was not meant to be about 'dematerializing' but was about getting the believers out of a dangerous situation in Judea so that the church would not suffer a major hit.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The 17th cent.? Can you make a historical reference there? I'm not aware of any. I'm not aware of it showing up in Ribera. But it did through Miss MacDonald and the Brethren. The kind of rapture that rescued from an immediate danger (in Thess but not in I cor 15) had to do with fleeing the 1st century destruction of Israel through the anti-leadership of the son of perdition, etc. It was not meant to be about 'dematerializing' but was about getting the believers out of a dangerous situation in Judea so that the church would not suffer a major hit.
You're both wrong -

Interplanner

You're both wrong -

I would need some references on that, and I would need to know why the idea in Thess is to be considered the same as in I Cor 15. Actually, he was answering the question of how living believers would 'die' on the last day of history in both cases, but the Thess material has the additional task of relating it to the destruction of Israel and the son of perdition of Dan 8, etc.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would need some references on that, and I would need to know why the idea in Thess is to be considered the same as in I Cor 15. Actually, he was answering the question of how living believers would 'die' on the last day of history in both cases, but the Thess material has the additional task of relating it to the destruction of Israel and the son of perdition of Dan 8, etc.

The future is hidden in the past, if you can see it.

Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

LA

Danoh

For some one who claims to both "do the history" and rely on same, your sure have an odd way of showing that you actually "do" just that.

Even within your own school of thought, more or less - Preterism - a good number of people have asserted a literal, physical catching up and away of many saints into glory by the Lord.

Of course; they assert it took place in 70AD.

They see it IN Scripture; they just don't know what to make of it and or how to understand it.

In J.S. Russell's Preterism, for example - written around the time of Darby - Russell concludes a Rapture only of key saints; the rest having to wait with us for our perfection...

His sounds much like that of that other Russell - Charles Taze Russell's people - the Jehovah's Witnesses' "144,000" notion.

See; some of us MADs are more than well aware of these "histories."

But the issue for us is the actual distinction our assertion is based on, and it is not Ryrie's erroneous Israel/Body distinction.

Rather, the distinction that allowed seeing that one.

Martin Luther and some of the other Reformers saw it for a minute, but then soon lost sight of it once more.

And there were others in between that time and Darby.

Who knows how many down through history never put pen to paper on these issues.

Others in between either saw the core distinction, or having failed to, wrote of their being unwilling to accept other distinctions only the core distinction actually allows seeing with greater clarity.

Jonathan Edwards was one of the latter of those two just under a hundred years before the teenager McDonald read her Post-Trib Rapture into the various passages she was clearly at least familiar with.

That you and yours far too often prove you do not even know what core distinction I am referring to just shows you don't even know what you are asserting against, nor of where you are affirming against it.

Not that that has ever stopped you and your kind from waxing worse and worse where these issues are really concerned.

It is pointless to address you and yours with anything but the little respect your continued falsehoods in your incompetence and laziness continue to ask for.

Last edited:

Interplanner

'the fulfillment is not always the same as the prediction.' God did get the believers out of there but not through a dematerialization. The question about death and the final day of earth must still have one answer for the living and one for thw dying, which both letters provide.

So what good is it to 'have all knowledge" as you announce that you do? So you can keep yourself secure by putting down?

My familiarity with the history makes me view what you just said with your very words.

That 70 AD rapture is certainly a strange case of a back twist of literalism.

Danoh

'the fulfillment is not always the same as the prediction.' God did get the believers out of there but not through a dematerialization. The question about death and the final day of earth must still have one answer for the living and one for thw dying, which both letters provide.

So what good is it to 'have all knowledge" as you announce that you do? So you can keep yourself secure by putting down?

My familiarity with the history makes me view what you just said with your very words.

That 70 AD rapture is certainly a strange case of a back twist of literalism.

Anyone know who Interplanner is addressing his once more lazy quoteless reply to :chuckle:

Interplanner

Interplanner's supposed "familiarity with the history" is as sloppy as said so called "history" :chuckle:

Until you say some thing with a detail to it, my impression of your familiarity is ditto.

Is the scoffers question in 2 Pet 3 about the 1st coming (Gospel) or the 2nd coming (Judgement)?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There is no 'rapture'...Revelation 2:10

:dizzy:

See:

Re 2:9-10 McGee

Spoiler
dan398374963496743967934768.JPG

Danoh

In this case, how familiar do you have to be with history to know that no demat took place in Jerusalem in 70AD?

"...demat..."?

You have been watching too much Star Trek...

And even many within your own school: (the Preterism you more or less hold to), disagree with you on said so called "demat..."

Wick Stick

I agree. We have no mandate whatsoever to clean up this earth, or this evil world system.

Our only job is to call people out of it.
Is this typical of Acts 9 dispensationalism?

The way I read it, Paul calls on the church to follow him in continuing to act as sacrifices and suffering for and on behalf of others in the world. (e.g. Colossians 1:24)

Interplanner

"...demat..."?

You have been watching too much Star Trek...

And even many within your own school: (the Preterism you more or less hold to), disagree with you on said so called "demat..."

The believers relocated but not in the same was as Elijah or as I cor 15 means at the end of time.

btw, I doubt very much I'm in a school; just deal with the detail at hand.

Danoh

The believers relocated but not in the same was as Elijah or as I cor 15 means at the end of time.

btw, I doubt very much I'm in a school; just deal with the detail at hand.

A school of thought does not necessarily always refer to an actual, literal school.

For a metaphorist, you sure get tripped up by analogy :chuckle: