Quotations of the day

Bradley D

I believe to way to Christ is within us!

Song;

The Road to Zion

There is a way that leads to life
The few that find it never die
Past mountain peaks graced white with snow
The way grows brighter as it goes
There is a road inside of you
Inside of me there is one too
No stumbling pilgrim in the dark
The road to Zion's in your heart
The river runs beside the road
Its waters living as they flow
In liquid voice the water calls
On thirsty knees the pilgrim falls
Sometimes a shadow dark and cold
Lays like a mist across the road
But be encouraged by the sight
Where there's a shadow, there's a light
Sometimes it's good to look back down
We've come so far - we've gained such ground
But joy is not in where we've been
Joy is who's waiting at the end
Songwriter: Irving Berlin

Comment

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe to way to Christ is within us!

Song;

The Road to Zion

There is a way that leads to life
The few that find it never die
Past mountain peaks graced white with snow
The way grows brighter as it goes
There is a road inside of you
Inside of me there is one too
No stumbling pilgrim in the dark
The river runs beside the road
Its waters living as they flow
In liquid voice the water calls
On thirsty knees the pilgrim falls
Sometimes a shadow dark and cold
Lays like a mist across the road
But be encouraged by the sight
Where there's a shadow, there's a light
Sometimes it's good to look back down
We've come so far - we've gained such ground
But joy is not in where we've been
Joy is who's waiting at the end
Songwriter: Irving Berlin

Comment

Irving Berlin was an agnostic.

FineLinen

"The wisdom of the chess player is displayed more in winning over a capable opponent than a novice. The wisdom of the general is displayed more in defeating a superior army than in subduing an inferior one. Even more so, the wisdom of God is displayed when He brings good to us and glory to Himself out of confusion and calamity rather than out of pleasant times" ~Jerry Bridges

FineLinen

"What makes authentic disciples is not visions, ecstasies, biblical mastery of chapter and verse, or spectacular success in the ministry, but a capacity for faithfulness. Buffeted by the fickle winds of failure, battered by their own unruly emotions, and bruised by rejection and ridicule, authentic disciples may have stumbled and frequently fallen, endured lapses and relapses, gotten handcuffed to the fleshpots and wandered into a far county. Yet, they kept coming back to Jesus." ~Brennan Manning

FineLinen

"God is not looking for men of great faith, He is looking for common men to trust His great faithfulness. ~Hudson Taylor

"Your salvation, and that of every other lost sinner, is not dependent upon your faithfulness but His." ~D.E. Johnson

"I am no longer anxious about anything, as I realize that He is able to carry out His will for me. It does not matter where He places me, or how. That is for Him to consider, not me, for in the easiest positions He will give me grace, and in the most difficult ones His grace is sufficient." ~Hudson Taylor

FineLinen

“Nothing happens until the pain of remaining the same outweighs the pain of change.” ~Arthur Burt

“Transformation isn’t sweet and bright. It’s a dark and murky, painful pushing. An unraveling of the untruths you’ve carried in your body. A practice in facing your own created demons. A complete uprooting, before becoming.” ~Victoria Erickson

Victoria-Erickson-Quote-1.jpg

Last edited:

FineLinen

"One of the delusions of the day, is that an evangelical believing in Christ lies within the power of the unrenewed man, so that by performing what is naively called 'a simple act of faith' he becomes a renewed man. In other words, it is supposed that man is the beginner of his own salvation. He takes the first step, and God does the rest; he 'believes' and then God comes in and saves him. This is nothing but a bald and blank denial of the Spirit's work altogether. If there is one time more than another when the sinner lies in need of the Spirit's power—it is at the beginning. He who denies the need of the Spirit at the beginning, cannot believe in His work at the after stages—nay, cannot believe in the need of the Spirit's work at all. The mightiest and most insuperable difficulty lies at the beginning. If the sinner can get over that without the Spirit, he can easily get over the rest. If he does not need the Spirit to enable him to believe, he will not need Him to enable him to love."~Horatius Bonar

"Be much alone with God, and take time to get thoroughly acquainted. Converse over everything with Him. Unburden yourself wholly -every thought, feeling, wish, plan, doubt- to Him...He wants not merely to be on good terms with you, but to be intimate." ~Horatius Bonar

FineLinen

"It is not opinion man needs; it is God. It is not religion; it is Christ. It is not literature and science, but the knowledge of the free love of God in the gift of His only begotten Son." ~Horatius Boner

1207357-Horatius-Bonar-Quote-Faith-does-not-come-to-Calvary-to-do-anything.jpg

FineLinen

Bats, buzzards and bumblebees

If you put a buzzard in a pen six or eight feet square and entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of his ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner. The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of ten or twelve feet. Without space to run, as is his habit, he will not even attempt to fly but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place. If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air. Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.

A bumblebee if dropped into an open tumbler will be there until it dies unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists until it completely destroys itself.

In many ways, there are lots of people like the buzzard, the bat and the bee. They are struggling with all their problems and frustrations, not realizing that the answer is right there “above” them.

FineLinen

"If you have heard that the heathen (who have never had an opportunity to hear of Jesus) will be tormented forever for not believing in Him, then you've heard that God is a failure. If you've heard that man's puny will can withstand the omnipotent will of God, and that man's will can paralyze God's will, then you have heard that God is a failure." ~Eleanor Garrod

FineLinen

"I am writing this to you from the God who is, the God who was, and the God about to arrive, and from the seven spirits assembled before his throne, and from Jesus Christ—loyal witness, firstborn from the dead, ruler of all earthly kings. Glory and strength to Christ, who loves us, who blood-washed our sins from our lives, who made us a kingdom, priests for his Father, forever—and yes, he’s on his way! He’ll be seen by every eye, oh yes, the Master declares, I’m A to Z. I’m The God who is, The God who was, and the God about to arrive. I’m the sovereign-strong. Don’t fear: I am first, I am last, I’m alive. I died, but I came to life, and my life is now forever. See these keys in my hand? They open and lock death’s doors, they open and lock hell’s gates." ~MSG

FineLinen

"For too long, we've called unbelievers to 'invite Jesus into your life.' Jesus doesn't want to be in your life. Your life is a wreck. Jesus calls you into his life. And his life isn't boring or purposeless or static. It's wild and exhilarating and unpredictable." ~Russell D. Moore

Bradley D

"If you have heard that the heathen (who have never had an opportunity to hear of Jesus) will be tormented forever for not believing in Him, then you've heard that God is a failure. If you've heard that man's puny will can withstand the omnipotent will of God, and that man's will can paralyze God's will, then you have heard that God is a failure." ~Eleanor Garrod
Those who have never heard of Jesus have a conscience that is God given. I believe they will be judged according to that.

"(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares" (Romans 2:14-16).

FineLinen

“My conclusion from this brief survey of the evidence is that Jesus believed himself called to act as the new Temple. When people were in his presence, it was as if they were in the Temple. But if the Temple was itself the greatest of Israel's incarnational symbols, the conclusion was inevitable (though the cryptic nature of Jesus' actions meant that people only gradually realized what he had in mind): Jesus was claiming, at least implicitly, to be the place where and the means by which Israel's God was at last personally present to and with his people. Jesus was taking the huge risk of acting as if he were the Shekinah in person, the presence of YHWH tabernacling with his people.” ~ N.T. Wright

385648-N-T-Wright-Quote-Those-in-whom-the-Spirit-comes-to-live-are-God-s.jpg

Last edited: