Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"I had a God who knew my every desire. He also knew how I would fail. And yet He was waiting on the other side of my failure and my shattered dreams with some dreams of His own." ~Eric Ludy

1630311235445.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

”There is no king more just or more benevolent than our Father. There is nothing He will not do to secure the peace and flourishing of His subjects. As such He deserves our love and obedience. Fear of God doesn't mean fearing His wrath: it means fearing disappointing someone you love.”

FineLinen

“Unlike ourselves, the Father of Jesus loves men and women, not for what He finds in them, but for what lies within Himself. It is not because men and women are good that He loves them, nor only good men and women that He loves. It is because He is so unutterably good that He loves all persons, good and evil. He loves the loveless. ~ James Burtschaell

1630418430870.png

FineLinen

Outside of Christ, I am only a sinner, but in Christ, I am saved. Outside of Christ, I am empty; in Christ, I am full. Outside of Christ, I am weak; in Christ, I am strong. Outside of Christ, I cannot; in Christ, I am more than able. Outside of Christ, I have been defeated; in Christ, I am already victorious. How meaningful are the words, "in Christ." ~Watchman Nee

“A drowning man cannot be saved until he is utterly exhausted and ceases to make the slightest effort to save himself.” -Watchman Nee

FineLinen

“Our heart is made to live in a larger story; having lost that, we do the best we can by developing our own smaller dramas. Look at the things people get caught up in: sports, politics, soap operas, rock bands. Desperate for something larger to give our lives transcendence, we try to lose ourselves in the smallest kind of stories.” ~ Will Mancini

1630542324922.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"On the grand and final consummation, when every will shall be subdued to the will of good to all, Jesus Christ will take in hand the resigned chordage of our hearts. He will tune them as so many instruments, and will touch them with the finger of His own divine feelings. Then shall the wisdom, the might, the goodness of our God, become the wisdom, might and goodness of all His intelligent creatures. The happiness of each shall multiply and overflow in the wishes and participation of the happiness of all. The universe shall begin to sound with the song of congratulation, and all voices shall break forth in an eternal hallelujah of praise transcending praise, and glory transcending glory to God and the Lamb." ~Henry Brooke

1630589707868.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"God's purposes are so vast and glorious, beyond all guessing now, that when they are achieved and consummated, all our sufferings and sorrows of today, even the agonies that nearly break our faith, the disasters that well nigh overwhelm us, shall, seen from that fair country where God's age long dreams come true, bulk as little as bulk now the pieces of a broken toy upon a nursery floor, over which, thinking that all our little world was in ruins, we cried ourselves to sleep." ~ Leslie Weatherhead

1630660532506.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

“Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.” ~ Dieter F. Uchtdorf

FineLinen

"Unto You belongs mercy; for You render to every man according to his work" has been changed in our religious mind to...To You, O Lord, belongs justice, for You render to every man according to his work. ~George MacDonald

“I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

FineLinen

“Instead of thinking out of the box, get rid of the box.” – Deepak Chopra

“We do not think ourselves into new ways of living, we live ourselves into new ways of thinking.” ~ Richard Rohr

FineLinen

“We are often unable to tell people what they need to know, because they want to know something else.” ~ George MacDonald

FineLinen

"O mystery exalted beyond every word and beyond silence, who became human in order to renew us by means of Your voluntary union with the flesh, reveal to me the path by which I may be raised up to Your mysteries, traveling along a course that is clear and tranquil, free from the illusions of this world. Gather my mind into the silence of prayer, so that wandering thoughts may be silenced within me during that luminous converse of supplication and mystery-filled wonder." -Saint Sophia

Last edited: