ECT Questions for Roman Catholics

1Way1Truth1Life

Here is a pop quiz: Look at these two pictures:
Idol-Worship1.gif

catholic_idolaters.jpg

Based on what you see in these two pictures, and only on what is seen in these pictures, please explain to us how a non-Catholic not properly educated in the doctrines and traditions of the RCC can tell the difference between those worshiping the golden calf and those venerating Mary.

Exodus 20:4-5
"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me"

Cruciform

Exodus 20:4-5
"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me"
Already answered in subsequent posts above.

Old man

Still waiting for you to post the title and author of a qualified and credentialed academic scholar of ecclesiastical history who affirms the wildly ahistorical anti-Catholics claims you've made on this thread. Go ahead and post your proof.

Mine is the Holy Spirit when reading before choosing what to post and what not to post. Who is yours and how do you choose from who you quote your "here's" from, do you show each and every author to be according as you ask others?

How much of a elite education and credentials as you speak of needing did the majority of the Disciples/Apostles have other than what was received from Christ and on forward from the Holy Spirit after the day of Pentecost?

You can place your faith on your writings of so-called credentialed men, I'll place mine on the written inspired Word of God found in the Holy Bible.

Cruciform

Mine is the Holy Spirit when reading before choosing what to post and what not to post. Who is yours and how do you choose from who you quote your "here's" from, do you show each and every author to be according as you ask others?
So, then, you in fact have no proof for your unsubstantiated anti-Catholic claims. That's what I thought.

How much of a elite education and credentials as you speak of needing did the majority of the Disciples/Apostles have other than what was received from Christ and on forward from the Holy Spirit after the day of Pentecost?
Unfortunately for your assumptions: You are not an apostle in 1st-century Palestine. Try again. :doh:

Incidentally, the apostles spent three solid years in direct, intense, and constant study with their rabbi, Jesus of Nazareth---the greatest teacher the world has ever known. So, yes, I'd say they had a more than sufficient education. But none of that applies to your historical claims about the supposed "paganization" of the Catholic Church. If you're going to presume to make historical claims on a public forum, you'd better be prepared to document your claims with reputable, qualified, and academically-sound sources. You have been utterly unable to do so. Therefore, your initial anti-Catholic claims are shown to be entirely false.

You can place your faith on your writings of so-called credentialed men, I'll place mine on the written inspired Word of God found in the Holy Bible.
Where does the Bible contain your unsubstantiated assertions about the supposed "paganization" of Christ's one historic Catholic Church? Chapter-and-verse, please.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

As always you have answered nothing according to God nor by His authority.
Feel free, then, to actually disprove the content of the Catholic posts on this thread which explained and defended Catholic teaching with respect to the photos you posted. You'll find them way back toward the front of the thread, where your photo was first posted by someone other than yourself. I eagerly await your rebuttal.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Old man

Not at all. Any word that's researched and written by a qualified and credentialed academic scholar of ecclesiastical history would do. As I said, if you know of one, feel free to cite it's title and author here. Otherwise, you have already been categorically refuted in Post #288 above. I'll wait for your answer.

No kidding? I've been studying such works for decades, including during the forty years I spent as an Evangelical Protestant, and during my education at an Evangelical Protestant university and then seminary. Thanks for the tip, though.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

That is a very sad story Cruciform, ALL those years of so-called higher learning and look where you ended up, hyping false doctrines and propaganda for the RCC, sad indeed.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and put it to a better use if you would have just read and believed 1 Cor.1:26-27

When it comes to the Word of God, it is only through the Holy Spirit we will become sufficiently taught all the knowledge and wisdom we need to be chosen by God.

You can have a wall covered with sheep skins and yet remain dumb as a rock when it comes to the spiritual truth found only in God's Word. (not vain words of men)

Cruciform

That is a very sad story Cruciform, ALL those years of so-called higher learning and look where you ended up, hyping false doctrines and propaganda for the RCC...
...claims which you have yet to actually prove on this forum.

You could have saved yourself a lot of time and put it to a better use if you would have just read and believed 1 Cor.1:26-27
Catholics were reading and living this biblical text for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

When it comes to the Word of God, it is only through the Holy Spirit we will become sufficiently taught all the knowledge and wisdom we need to be chosen by God.
...and the primary means by which the Holy Spirit teaches us is through the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6).

You can have a wall covered with sheep skins and yet remain dumb as a rock when it comes to the spiritual truth found only in God's Word. (not vain words of men)
In other words, you in fact have no documentation whatsoever to prove your initial unsubstantiated claim about the supposed "paganization" of the Catholic faith. Your failure to provide such proof is noted, as is the inherent falsehood of your claim.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Old man

...claims which you have yet to actually prove on this forum.

Catholics were reading and living this biblical text for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant ever managed to stumble onto the scene. Try again.

...and the primary means by which the Holy Spirit teaches us is through the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 15:2; 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6).

In other words, you in fact have no documentation whatsoever to prove your initial unsubstantiated claim about the supposed "paganization" of the Catholic faith. Your failure to provide such proof is noted, as is the inherent falsehood of your claim.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

The "proof" you ask for has been provided many times by many people which doing so in your case was and is a waste of time.

You are far far to brainwashed and indoctrinated into the Roman religious cult you have fallen for to ever see the truth.

Cruciform

The "proof" you ask for has been provided many times by many people which doing so in your case was and is a waste of time.
You have proven exactly nothing on this forum, and so listening to your unsubstantiated anti-Catholic claims is a waste of time.

You are far far to brainwashed and indoctrinated into the Roman religious cult you have fallen for to ever see the truth.
You are far far to brainwashed and indoctrinated into the Protestant religious sect you have fallen for to ever see the truth. (See how that works?)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Old man

You have proven exactly nothing on this forum, and so listening to your unsubstantiated anti-Catholic claims is a waste of time.

You are far far to brainwashed and indoctrinated into the Protestant religious sect you have fallen for to ever see the truth. (See how that works?)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You have proven exactly nothing on this forum, and so listening to your unsubstantiated catholic claims is a waste of time.

You are far far to brainwashed and indoctrinated into the catholic cult you have fallen for to ever see the truth. (See how that it works):D

Cruciform

You have proven exactly nothing on this forum, and so listening to your unsubstantiated catholic claims is a waste of time.
I've actually documented my claims, while you have produced absolutely nothing in response to requests for proof. Nice try, though.

You are far far to brainwashed and indoctrinated into the catholic cult you have fallen for to ever see the truth. (See how that it works)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Old man

I've actually documented my claims, while you have produced absolutely nothing in response to requests for proof. Nice try, though.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You only document with documents of your own religion, a total waste of time to even bother reading a document of what a catholic writes about his own catholic religion. Of course that is the way it is when you can't think for yourself.

Oh well, I should know better than to attempt any debate of reasoning with you and your kind. Prov.14:7 and 26:4

Cruciform

You only document with documents of your own religion...
In fact, I have documented my position with lists of biblical references, as well as with sources which are filled with biblical texts and arguments. The mere fact that you happen to dislike Catholicism in no way makes these sources untrue or inaccurate.

...a total waste of time to even bother reading a document of what a Catholic writes about his own Catholic religion.
Why, then, should anyone here bother reading your posts, since they are nothing more than an anti-Catholic writing about his own anti-Catholic religion?

Of course that is the way it is when you can't think for yourself.
You can go ahead and just apply that to yourself, since you do nothing here but mindlessly parrot the opinions you've been taught by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Oh well, I should know better than to attempt any debate of reasoning with you and your kind.
Your manifest bigotry is noted. But I agree that you should know better than to attempt any debate of reasoning, given that you've repeatedly demonstrated that you simply lack the ability to reason properly, as your constant logical fallacies and misinformation plainly reveal.

Prov.14:7 and 26:4
Of course, Catholics can just as easily apply these texts to you, can't they. Don't even bother.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Old man

In fact, I have documented my position with lists of biblical references, as well as with sources which are filled with biblical texts and arguments. The mere fact that you happen to dislike Catholicism in no way makes these sources untrue or inaccurate.

Why, then, should anyone here bother reading your posts, since they are nothing more than an anti-Catholic writing about his own anti-Catholic religion?

You can go ahead and just apply that to yourself, since you do nothing here but mindlessly parrot the opinions you've been taught by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Your manifest bigotry is noted. But I agree that you should know better than to attempt any debate of reasoning, given that you've repeatedly demonstrated that you simply lack the ability to reason properly, as your constant logical fallacies and misinformation plainly reveal.

Of course, Catholics can just as easily apply these texts to you, can't they. Don't even bother.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

"Catholics can just as easily apply these texts to you..."

WOULD YOU? PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, BY ALL MEANS PLEASE DO!!!

BYE BYE (hope ,hope, hope)

Old man

How old are you...? :think:

Lets just say that I am old enough to have been around long enough to know a religious cult such as the RCC when I see one.

Also old enough to call them what they are without worry, we live in an age unlike that of Constantine who anathematized any for not bending to the RCC and then in the Catholic Inquisitions of the dark ages in which your cults way was a "do or die" situation (which catholics deny). What a "Christian" way of spreading your so-called church, FOLLOW OR ELSE!
You are probably one who wishes your church could go back to those days. Enforcing the bounds and fetters of a religious cult.

How's that, is that old enough for you?

1Way1Truth1Life

Feel free, then, to actually disprove the content of the Catholic posts on this thread which explained and defended Catholic teaching with respect to the photos you posted. You'll find them way back toward the front of the thread, where your photo was first posted by someone other than yourself. I eagerly await your rebuttal.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

- Holy Spirit.

You can deny God all you want but in the end you will lose and lose big just as those Sodom and Gomorians dancing in the streets celebrating the new US not so supreme court ruling redefining marriage in the US for some and the rest not making it into eternal life.

Cruciform

Lets just say that I am old enough to have been around long enough to know a religious cult such as the RCC when I see one.
...or old enough to be blissfully self-deluded about genuine ecclesiastical history and the history of Christian doctrine. You believe that the Catholic Church is a "cult" because your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect has told you that Catholicism is a "cult." You're merely mindlessly parroting what you've been taught by your chosen Protestant sect, since you simply don't know any better. Your comments about "Catholicism" on this forum are merely the ravings of the ignorant. Very sad.

Also old enough to call them what they are without worry, we live in an age unlike that of Constantine who anathematized any for not bending to the RCC and then in the Catholic Inquisitions of the dark ages in which your cults way was a "do or die" situation (which Catholics deny). What a "Christian" way of spreading your so-called Church, FOLLOW OR ELSE! You are probably one who wishes your Church could go back to those days. Enforcing the bounds and fetters of a religious cult. How's that, is that old enough for you?
Thus, you merely prove my point made above. :yawn:

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

"You shall not bow down to them or WORSHIP them" - Holy Spirit.
Yes, bowing in worship to something other than God is "idolatry." Mere bowing, however, is not. (Unless bowing to Queen Elizabeth II equates to "worshiping" her...?)

NOTE: Where there is no WORSHIP, there is no "IDOLATRY."

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+