Questions For Anna

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think that this is part of what fuels OkDozer's posting. No person in his right mind would call the case that he's cited "rape." That said, certain women are going to cry "rape" in those circumstances, and a certain number of radical feminists are going to agree with them.

If you want to call that case "rape," then it's certainly, in the words of OkDozer, a non-violent form of rape that shouldn't be prosecuble.

A problem with this discussion is that there's equivocations and ambiguities all over the place. What constitutes rape? What constitutes consent? What constitutes lack of consent?

You or I could say one thing, but the girl in the case that OkDozer cited is going to say something else entirely.

I don't really care about those scenarios. Does anyone on TOL call that rape? :idunno:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
In my view, it simply wasn't a rape.

I wouldn't call that rape either.

Does anyone on TOL call that rape? :idunno:

it meets anna's definition of rape - sex without consent

more to the point, it's a perfect analogy to the following scenario:

wife: i'm not in the mood
husband: lie back and i'll be done in five minutes

which is what i had in mind as an example of a non-violent marital "rape"

and regardless of whether you two don't regard the Swarthmore case as rape, it was reported as rape, i'm sure it was investigated as rape and it entered the statistics as a reported rape

ok doser

Rusha posted this a few days ago:
The actual definition of rape is here:

http://www.justice.gov/opa/blog/updated-definition-rape

So yes, someone who forces sex on another person is an evil, vicious monster.

So I went to rusha's link (the United States Department of Justice) and found this:

... the new definition recognizes that a victim can be incapacitated and thus unable to consent because of ingestion of drugs or alcohol.

I noted that my evil, vicious monster of a wife often raped me when i was incapacitated because of my ingestion of alcohol and my inability to consent

but nobody has consoled me for that which has been taken from me, whatever it was

and anna won't tell me what it is :(

anna - what was taken from me when i was raped by my wife?

ok doser

furthermore, the new definition changes "forcibly and against her will" to "without the consent of the victim"

and notes:

"Because the new definition is more inclusive, reported crimes of rape are likely to increase"

and so, yes, according to the US Department of Justice, the Swarthmore case does indeed meet the new definition of rape

ok doser

OkDoser has repeatedly brought up the Swarthmore case. I have yet to see anyone other than myself address it. I myself am still waiting to hear people like AnnaBenedetti, Rusha, etc. directly address it.

apparently rusha isn't going to address it unless somebody else quotes it

why don't you quote it and see what rusha's response is?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
apparently rusha isn't going to address it unless somebody else quotes it

why don't you quote it and see what rusha's response is?

Agreed. I quote this, mainly because I personally feel as though it's worth discussion. Here is the case in question:

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

elohiym

What are you calling a non-violent rape?

I'd say the Swarthmore "rape" qualifies

There is no such thing as a "non-violent" rape. Violence is the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force. All rape requires penetration, which is an unlawful exercise of physical force. Penetration can be damaging to a woman's body even during consensual intercourse; when it's unwanted sex, more so.

elohiym

Rusha posted this a few days ago:

So I went to rusha's link (the United States Department of Justice) and found this:

... the new definition recognizes that a victim can be incapacitated and thus unable to consent because of ingestion of drugs or alcohol.

The definition of rape you have now repeatedly claimed applies to you, the definition provided from the Justice Department, states: “The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.” Furthermore, the laws of the state where you live, New York, require penetration to be considered rape in the first, second or third degree. There is no form of rape that doesn't involve penetration.

I noted that my evil, vicious monster of a wife often raped me when i was incapacitated because of my ingestion of alcohol and my inability to consent

Again, there is no form of rape that doesn't involve penetration. When you claim you were raped often by the DOJ definition, as you have, you are claiming you were penetrated often, else you weren't raped.

but nobody has consoled me for that which has been taken from me, whatever it was

If I take your word for it that you were raped according to the definition of rape on Justice Department web-page you linked to, I have to assume you were penetrated against your will. Frankly, I'm wondering why anyone needs to explain what was taken from you in that case, but in short, according to the definition of take, your body was taken. If that truly happened to you, I'm sorry it did. That must have been humiliating, especially if you got drunk around her after the first time and repeatedly let it happen again and again.

Some moron might argue you deserved it. Imagine that.

what was taken from me when i was raped by my wife?

What did you have before your wife allegedly raped you and what do you have now?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The definition of rape you have now repeatedly claimed applies to you, the definition provided from the Justice Department, states: “The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.” Furthermore, the laws of the state where you live, New York, require penetration to be considered rape in the first, second or third degree. There is no form of rape that doesn't involve penetration.

[BAgain, there is no form of rape that doesn't involve penetration. When you claim you were raped often by the DOJ definition, as you have, you are claiming you were penetrated often, else you weren't raped.[/B]

If I take your word for it that you were raped according to the definition of rape on Justice Department web-page you linked to, I have to assume you were penetrated against your will. Frankly, I'm wondering why anyone needs to explain what was taken from you in that case, but in short, according to the definition of take, your body was taken. If that truly happened to you, I'm sorry it did. That must have been humiliating, especially if you got drunk around her after the first time and repeatedly let it happen again and again.

Some moron might argue you deserved it. Imagine that.

What did you have before your wife allegedly raped you and what do you have now?

Doser said all that ?

ok doser

trad, pj - i'll try to remember to reopen this thread when anna's back - gonna keep it locked to keep out the tards - doesn't look like rusha was interested in examining the Swarthmore case anyways :idunno:

ok doser

welcome back anna!

care to take a crack at these?

in the case of a non-violent marital "rape", what has been taken?

what was taken from the Swarthmore student in the following case of "rape"?

Herewith, a Philadelphia magazine report about Swarthmore College, where in 2013 a student “was in her room with a guy with whom she’d been hooking up for three months”:

“They’d now decided — mutually, she thought — just to be friends. When he ended up falling asleep on her bed, she changed into pajamas and climbed in next to him. Soon, he was putting his arm around her and taking off her clothes. ‘I basically said, “No, I don’t want to have sex with you.” And then he said, “OK, that’s fine” and stopped. . . . And then he started again a few minutes later, taking off my panties, taking off his boxers. I just kind of laid there and didn’t do anything — I had already said no. I was just tired and wanted to go to bed. I let him finish. I pulled my panties back on and went to sleep.’”

Six weeks later, the woman reported that she had been raped.

ok doser

i get it

you were just blowing smoke

anna - when did you turn into such a worthless troll?