Q Anon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

‘We All Got Played’: QAnon Followers Implode After Big Moment Never Comes

But I guess delusion springs eternal...

282902014b9b4f881d469d9f5443ea8a.png
Heck, some are so desperate to cling to this conspiracy nut outfit to claim that Biden is Q...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Q Anon is an unfalsifiable claim.
Trump tweeting at zero deltas after Q drops is falsifiable. These zero delta tweets occurring at an inexplicable rate compared to any other time comparison is also falsifiable.

Hilltrot

Trump tweeting at zero deltas after Q drops is falsifiable. These zero delta tweets occurring at an inexplicable rate compared to any other time comparison is also falsifiable.
So you asking people to prove that Q Anon did not post at the same time as Trump did?

So, I can say that lots of people posted at the same time Trump did. I'm not sure someone posting at the same time as someone else is important. It could be coincidence or obsession.

Looking at his posts at https://qposts.online/ for the firs time - it seems like an obsession.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Heck, some are so desperate to cling to this conspiracy nut outfit to claim that Biden is Q...

I've posted this before, but here it is again anyway:

From Leon Festinger, a social psychologist who studied a doomsday cult in the 1950s and their reaction when the world didn't end according to their cult's expectations:

A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point. We have all experienced the futility of trying to change a strong conviction, especially if the convinced person has some investment in his belief. We are familiar with the variety of ingenious defenses with which people protect their convictions, managing to keep them unscathed through the most devastating attacks.

But man's resourcefulness goes beyond simply protecting a belief. Suppose an individual believes something with his whole heart; suppose further that he has a commitment to this belief, that he has taken irrevocable actions because of it; finally, suppose that he is presented with evidence, unequivocal and undeniable evidence, that his belief is wrong: what will happen? The individual will frequently emerge, not only unshaken, but even more convinced of the truth of his beliefs than ever before. Indeed, he may even show a new fervor about convincing and converting other people to his view.

Gary K

Banned
A man with a conviction is a hard man to change. Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point. We have all experienced the futility of trying to change a strong conviction, especially if the convinced person has some investment in his belief. We are familiar with the variety of ingenious defenses with which people protect their convictions, managing to keep them unscathed through the most devastating attacks.
You just described yourself.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So you asking people to prove that Q Anon did not post at the same time as Trump did?

So, I can say that lots of people posted at the same time Trump did. I'm not sure someone posting at the same time as someone else is important. It could be coincidence or obsession.

Looking at his posts at https://qposts.online/ for the firs time - it seems like an obsession.
Um, Q posted first.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
So . . . ?

They're posting all the time and one happens to post before another one does. What's your point
If you were to analyze every post you made on TOL over the past 6 months, I guarantee you that you would not find one poster who had posted 2 or 3 times 45 minutes after you posted, 2 or 3 posts 42 times, 2 or 3 40 times, 2 or 3 39 times all the way down until it got down to a 1 minute delta where all of a sudden it showed 25 times instead of the usual 2 or 3. But this is exactly what happened between Q and Trump.

Trump was sending us an obvious message. The message was, "Q and I are on the same team."

Hilltrot

If you were to analyze every post you made on TOL over the past 6 months, I guarantee you that you would not find one poster who had posted 2 or 3 times 45 minutes after you posted, 2 or 3 posts 42 times, 2 or 3 40 times, 2 or 3 39 times all the way down until it got down to a 1 minute delta where all of a sudden it showed 25 times instead of the usual 2 or 3. But this is exactly what happened between Q and Trump.

Trump was sending us an obvious message. The message was, "Q and I are on the same team."
I can't find any of that listed on the webpage you referenced. Many if not most of the links are 404. The truth is one would find many similarities if someone posted the number of times Q posts. 10 or more times for hundreds of days, one is bound to have the "deltas" you claim if someone is obsessive/compulsive enough to compare all of the posts. The fact the the website you source takes its design queues from 9/11 truther sites hardly adds to its credibility.

Arthur Brain

Um, so, bizarre mathematical contortions aside, who is 'Q' exactly and why is Trump now out of office and playing some golf or whatever? You do realize that some who still haven't the good sense to abandon the whole Q quackery are even now claiming that Biden is Q? What's your take on that?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
“Hi my name is Joe,” one man wrote on a Q recovery channel in Telegram. “And I’m a recovering QAnoner.”

Former believers interviewed by The Associated Press liken the process of leaving QAnon to kicking a drug addiction. QAnon, they say, offers simple explanations for a complicated world and creates an online community that provides escape and even friendship.

Smith’s then-boyfriend introduced her to QAnon. It was all he could talk about, she said. At first she was skeptical, but she became convinced after the death of financier Jeffrey Epstein while in federal custody facing pedophilia charges. Officials debunked theories that he was murdered, but to Smith and other QAnon supporters, his suicide while facing child sex charges was too much to accept.

Soon, Smith was spending more time on fringe websites and on social media, reading and posting about the conspiracy theory. She said she fell for QAnon content that presented no evidence, no counter arguments, and yet was all too convincing.

“We as a society need to start teaching our kids to ask: Where is this information coming from? Can I trust it?” she said. “Anyone can cut and paste anything.”

After a year, Smith wanted out, suffocated by dark prophesies that were taking up more and more of her time, leaving her terrified.

Her then-boyfriend saw her decision to move on from QAnon as a betrayal. She said she no longer believes in the theory, and wanted to share her story in the hopes it would help others.

“I was one of those people too,” she said of QAnon and its grip. “I came out on the other end because I wanted to feel better.”

Another ex-believer, Jitarth Jadeja, created a Reddit forum called QAnon Casualties to help others like him, as well as the relatives of people still consumed by the theory. Membership has doubled in recent weeks to more than 114,000 members. Three new moderators had to be added just to keep up.

“They are our friends and family,” said Jadeja, of Sydney, Australia. “It’s not about who is right or who is wrong. I’m here to preach empathy, for the normal people, the good people who got brainwashed by this death cult.”

Arthur Brain

“Hi my name is Joe,” one man wrote on a Q recovery channel in Telegram. “And I’m a recovering QAnoner.”

Former believers interviewed by The Associated Press liken the process of leaving QAnon to kicking a drug addiction. QAnon, they say, offers simple explanations for a complicated world and creates an online community that provides escape and even friendship.

Smith’s then-boyfriend introduced her to QAnon. It was all he could talk about, she said. At first she was skeptical, but she became convinced after the death of financier Jeffrey Epstein while in federal custody facing pedophilia charges. Officials debunked theories that he was murdered, but to Smith and other QAnon supporters, his suicide while facing child sex charges was too much to accept.

Soon, Smith was spending more time on fringe websites and on social media, reading and posting about the conspiracy theory. She said she fell for QAnon content that presented no evidence, no counter arguments, and yet was all too convincing.

“We as a society need to start teaching our kids to ask: Where is this information coming from? Can I trust it?” she said. “Anyone can cut and paste anything.”

After a year, Smith wanted out, suffocated by dark prophesies that were taking up more and more of her time, leaving her terrified.

Her then-boyfriend saw her decision to move on from QAnon as a betrayal. She said she no longer believes in the theory, and wanted to share her story in the hopes it would help others.

“I was one of those people too,” she said of QAnon and its grip. “I came out on the other end because I wanted to feel better.”

Another ex-believer, Jitarth Jadeja, created a Reddit forum called QAnon Casualties to help others like him, as well as the relatives of people still consumed by the theory. Membership has doubled in recent weeks to more than 114,000 members. Three new moderators had to be added just to keep up.

“They are our friends and family,” said Jadeja, of Sydney, Australia. “It’s not about who is right or who is wrong. I’m here to preach empathy, for the normal people, the good people who got brainwashed by this death cult.”
Let's just hope that this insidious cult is becoming more and more diluted with each day going past.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
At first she was skeptical, but she became convinced after the death of financier Jeffrey Epstein while in federal custody facing pedophilia charges. Officials debunked theories that he was murdered, but to Smith and other QAnon supporters, his suicide while facing child sex charges was too much to accept.
Are you telling me that you actually believe Jeffrey Epstein killed himself? That all the video cameras magically failed at just the right time? That the NY jail was too incompitent to keep an eye on someone that important? That the doctor's opinions of the broken bone in his neck being perfectly consistent with strangulation was nonsense? That Epstein did a triple back flip from 2 feet off his bed to accomplish a suicide?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Let's just hope that this insidious cult is becoming more and more diluted with each day going past.

I don't know, I think it could be chronic. We have two Q idiots elected to their first terms in Congress and the base core believers still believe, and a large segment of the GOP still either promote it or give it a wink and a cuddle for its political usefulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.